Your biggest WoW Fails!

90 Blood Elf Priest
After reading my previous responses, a couple guildmates brought one up of mine that's uh.. Classic...

One I apparently tried hard enough and managed to forget about.

So I used to have a kind of meh computer, when we raided ICC back in Wrath, and back then I'd just moved to Georgia, and back in with my parents to restart.

I knew their internet wasn't great (but didn't know that the wiring was very old and if it rained the internet was at best "unstable" - I was used to cable, after all - and thankfully that has now been replaced with fiber optic), but I did not realize how often DCs would happen when it rained.

One rainy Sunday evening, I spent an hour on the phone with tech support trying to get to my raid on time.

Half hour in, I manage to connect.. missing one of our DPS recording Deathwhisper's fight (which is now on Youtube - if you look up Powertrip Inc. (the name of our raid, inside joke of our guild) vs Deathwhisper, I'm the chick who came in at the end). They summoned me in as I was in flight, we made our way to Lootship. I ported up, and said over vent "I'm on my way!" thinking they'd already cleared trash, turned the corner to run down the corridor...

... and died a horrible death. The scenery loaded in when I did.
The raid group, dead, and the trash loaded in a few moments later as I floated elegantly above the carnage of our raid in spirit-form...

I didn't cause the wipe with my death. Everyone was too busy laughing to fight.

... I have not lived that down. To this day.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Several years later I realize that it is Northrend, not Northend!
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
A certain tauren druid and a certain tauren hunter ran a dungeon together with their blood elf friends. It was both taurens' first time ever in a dungeon. We ended up with a paladin for a healer.

One of the blood elves (death knight) tanked, but he had forgotten to take off his PVP gear. The hunter had a tenacity pet out with growl turned on. The druid (feral and NOT tanking) was dpsing in bear form.

The going was painfully slow. The paladin kept emoting /blink as if in disbelief of the scene that lay before her. The mage was probably trying hard not to laugh.

Before the final boss, the paladin ditched up leaving a passing note about how we were the WORST group she'd ever been with.

We still managed to beat the boss when we got a random priest.

And that was my sister's and my first dungeon with our guildies. Epic fail.
Edited by Gruthgos on 10/16/2012 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Not my fail, but...

On another server I play on during wrath, I had an orc DK I played up to the mid 70s or so.

A friend of mine was questing in Nagrad, so I went over to help him out with Hemets quests. After a while, I decide to cap Halaa so my friend can turn stuff in for easy XP.

Epochs later, the guards are down, so all thats left is capping the place. Were chilling near the flag, and some low 70 some allies come down to harass us on their flying mounts, nice and close-like.

Little did that paladin know that Death Grip will yank you towards me, dismount you and flag you for PvP at the same time.

Neither did I.
Reply Quote
I think I posted this story in a similar topic, but pretty sure it wasn't this one, so here goes.

Back during late Wrath, a bunch of guildies and I decided to do the weekly raid boss. It happened to be XT Deconstructor that week. We were having trouble finding a second tank for the adds, so the group asks if I'd tank.

Now if anyone knows me, they know I'm ret. Always ret. I did have a prot off spec and some prot gear, but it was more for emergencies and I never used it. I just hate tanking and healing. I always was and always will be ret.

Nevertheless I agree to do it under the condition I could tank the boss since it would be easier than tanking adds. I can literally just sit there and do my rotation on the boss with nothing special needed. They say it's fine and I make sure to remind them to give me a few extra seconds to get agro because I'm not confident in my tanking abilities.

We get there, get ready, and I go in. They wait a good 5 seconds and start DPSing the boss. It doesn't take long before someone pulls agro and they die. I get a little angry and in a somewhat ticked off voice, tell the group to ease up for a bit. Then the warlock pulls agro and dies and I'm getting downright furious. I angrily tell them that I said to go easy, that they should watch their threat meters, etc etc.

But then...something on the screen catches my eye. I look down at my chat log and see...

Your skill with 1 handed maces has increased to 18.
Your skill with 1 handed maces has increased to 19.
Your skill with 1 handed maces has increased to 20.
Your skill with 1 handed maces has increased to 21.
Your skill with 1 handed maces has increased to 22.

I had completely forgot that I got a 1 handed tanking mace from ICC (Marrowgar I think) and that since I never tank, I had never leveled my 1 handed mace skill and thus was hitting the boss with next to nothing except maybe my consecration.

With a red face (that they luckily couldn't see), I told the raid what happened and got a good round of laughs. I was made fun of for the rest of the night, but it was all in good humor and I deserved it.
Reply Quote
I've jumped off of tall things a few times because I'll hit the forward button and the spacebar just slightly before my flying mount progress bar is done. =P

EDIT: Oh, and I once hit the wrong button and disengaged off of a really tall cliff in Deepholm. I'm sure the mob was left thinking, "Well, that was easier than expected."
Edited by Eliesa on 10/16/2012 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Monk
LOL

I remember when i first started in vanilla, I had to be level 20 something, and I saw this awesome looking town called Astranaar. So I went to investigate.

Needless to say, that was a shocker lol.

LOL

I remember when i first started in vanilla, I had to be level 20 something, and I saw this awesome looking town called Astranaar. So I went to investigate.

Needless to say, that was a shocker lol.

Yep, did that one! Found out real quick that it was much easier to just go aaaarounnnd.
Reply Quote
89 Pandaren Monk
I think my biggest oops ever was tanking Onyx with my fishing pole still equipped...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Had a good one a couple weeks ago. I am taking a break from pve and going pvp, my 2s partner and I were sitting at 9-0 and we were excited to get the hot streak ach. He stepped away for a second and I switched to blood to kill a rare, he got back I switched to frost and forgot to click frost presence, we got destroyed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
on an old account back in wrath (which i have lost access to), i had a paladin i normally healed with, but i had a ret set i had geared up with mostly OS rolls in dungeons, but i had never played it. on one boss (for the life of me i cant remember which), i was ditched as a healer so our priest (normally shad, holy os) could heal because of fight mechanics which i forget now...

anyway, i ended up dpsing as ret for the first time since leveling. half way through the fight, i was oom. no idea why, but as anyone would, i threw up divine plea.

not much later, i started using judge of wisdom. still oom'ing

our lack of dps caused us to hit an enrage timer, because my dps was about 1/3 of anyone elses because i kept ooming.

i realised later, much to the amusement of my group, that i had forgot to spec into judgements of the wise (restores mana on judgement, causes replenishment buff) which was one of the main ret mana regens.

i managed to live it down, but still embarassing to think about.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Rogue
jumped off of the balconies in Vortex Pinnacle 5 times before I saw the little mount arrow to hop into the whirlwinds... Recently.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
On my new warrior, I thought that red image on your screen showing armor broken was a buff. Excited and wanting to take full advantage of this, I promptly run into two mobs and got two shot. Of course I think its a bug so I go back in...same results. At that time, my wife had to bail me out by gently telling me about it.

I remember that story when I really want to yell at someone for their low dps/ survivability/ general noobness :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I am going to go with... Setting up to try Razorgore yet again. One of the raid leaders said "You guys should be standing right in that corner of the area." I proceded to go stand there, which was too close and started the encounter. Not the only wipe I've caused, but it sticks in my head.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warrior
Trying to talk to Horde on a PvP server.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Back when Upper Blackrock Spire was a endgame in 2004, I was soulstoned just before the last fight with General Drakkisath. Mind you, this was "Bleeding Edge Content" as the Molten Core hadn't opened yet.

We all died horribly to the General and his Chromatic Flunkies. I died quickly and after seeing others die too, I ressurrected at the earliest moment with the soulstone to try and save people. Soulstones had a huge cooldown at the time and it was the first time one was placed on me.

I died again. Our raid leader was raging, and people left in disgust after the 2+ hours we worked to get there. Drakk was holding at least 1 Dungeon One chestpiece for someone there. We never got it.

I felt so bad, I mailed gold to people for repairs after the run.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warrior
Back when Upper Blackrock Spire was a endgame in 2004, I was soulstoned just before the last fight with General Drakkisath. Mind you, this was "Bleeding Edge Content" as the Molten Core hadn't opened yet.

We all died horribly to the General and his Chromatic Flunkies. I died quickly and after seeing others die too, I ressurrected at the earliest moment with the soulstone to try and save people. Soulstones had a huge cooldown at the time and it was the first time one was placed on me.

I died again. Our raid leader was raging, and people left in disgust after the 2+ hours we worked to get there. Drakk was holding at least 1 Dungeon One chestpiece for someone there. We never got it.

I felt so bad, I mailed gold to people for repairs after the run.

You had gold back then?

Lol joking but I remember thinking like 50g was like so freaking much.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Trying to heal a heroic slave pens in BC on an under geared resto druid.

After wiping 5 times on the first trash pull, I think I just about pulled all my hair out.
Reply Quote
Deleting my first character after BC launched. He had the Knight-Captain rank on him.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I was a low-level orc warlock in the first week of december 2008. I was running around the orc starting zone and I saw this passage up these mountains that lead to a ledge with a picturesque view of Ratchet. I stepped one step too far and fell.

Can't remember if the fall killed me; either way I ended up at ratchet and, being a n00b, set my hearth there. I ended up having to WALK all the way through the barrens and durotar back to the starting zone. I didn't care though because I was a wide-eyed n00bcake who was just like "woah those mobs are like lvl 20 the players here must be really good/high-level".

What were some bad moves that you made?

—EFT

That happened to me Tauren shaman too...and yes, she did die, and was her first death, so there went my goal to get to level 85 without dying :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Running around in vanilla boasting about having a picture of a little red man under my minimap. Then getting pissed off when it disappeared after repairing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]