Theramore scenario - requirements?

10 Tauren Warrior
09/07/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Jexton
The event will still be there when you hit 90. Everyone does get to enjoy the event.

This is not correct. The event lasts for one week as it says in the sticky thread at the top of this forum and it ends the day before MOP launches.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Granted, the sticky does clarify it's 3 people. I just re-read it (it was implied, but not spelled out).

However, I do not see anywhere in either the sticky or google that clarifies my other questions. I do see that someone tried to queue at 85 and was told they did not meet the minimum requirements. I saw also that it's on PTR.

These things would suggest there may be a minimum ilevel and people on the forums may know the anwers, but that information is not readily available on google.

So you fail in a response as it was still not helpful and did not answer the question. Seems to suggest I would have been able to easily find the information, but I don't find it in the first couple pages of google's results - just confusing and contradictory information which is what I said Google tends to give.

Does ANYONE have knowledge of the minimum iLevel requirements for the 85 theramore's fall scenario? can you do it in questing 318's? Or do all 3 have to be medium geared (365's +?)

I can't tell you anything about minimum iLevel, but as to why no one meets the minimum requirements, it's because the event isn't available yet. If memory serves, it's only at 85 for the week before MoP is released.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
But the information you wanted wasn't buried in some sound file. It didn't have to be data-mined. You asked how many people would be in a scenario. That's pretty basic information that's readily available.

Its fine, you didn't want to search for it so you asked the question. That's valid. But its also valid for people to point out its a really easy tidbit of information to find on your own. I haven't read the sticky in a while, but I'm pretty sure its spelled out in that, as well.

Granted, the sticky does clarify it's 3 people. I just re-read it (it was implied, but not spelled out).

However, I do not see anywhere in either the sticky or google that clarifies my other questions. I do see that someone tried to queue at 85 and was told they did not meet the minimum requirements. I saw also that it's on PTR.

These things would suggest there may be a minimum ilevel and people on the forums may know the anwers, but that information is not readily available on google.

So you fail in a response as it was still not helpful and did not answer the question. Seems to suggest I would have been able to easily find the information, but I don't find it in the first couple pages of google's results - just confusing and contradictory information which is what I said Google tends to give.

Does ANYONE have knowledge of the minimum iLevel requirements for the 85 theramore's fall scenario? can you do it in questing 318's? Or do all 3 have to be medium geared (365's +?)

Well one thing you should know is the reason why ppl got errors for trying to que was because they didnt want anyone in there. They were testing it themselves and felt to keep it a secret for some time.

09/07/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Corrock
The event will still be there when you hit 90. Everyone does get to enjoy the event.

This is not correct. The event lasts for one week as it says in the sticky thread at the top of this forum and it ends the day before MOP launches.

which after MoP comes out gets converted into a lvl 90 scenario
Edited by Thaedris on 9/7/2012 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
09/07/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Corrock

The lv85 version lasts for one week and ends when MoP launches, after which it becomes a lv90 scenario.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5208782233#1

The Battle of Theramore, the first of many Scenarios coming to World of Warcraft, is a story-changing event that will be available to level-85 characters for one week only -- the week leading up to the launch of Mists of Pandaria on September 25.

For the duration of the week of September 18-24, level-85 characters will be able to queue up for and participate in the Alliance and Horde versions of this new Scenario with two friends. (Please note: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included. Subject to change. Void where prohibited.)

After the lifting of the mists, the Battle of Theramore will join all other Scenarios as level-90-only content, and everyone -- including players who missed it at level 85 -- will be able to play through the event. Upon completing the Scenario for the first time, players will see the aftermath of the battle whenever visiting Theramore in Dustwallow Marsh. Theramore will eventually be changed permanently to its post-battle state in a future patch, sometime after the launch of Mists of Pandaria, whether or not players have completed the Scenario.

We’ll see you there!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Will you be able to do the scenario multiple times, or only once? I ask because I'm wondering if I could still help a friend or guildie even after completing it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
WTB Random achievement shiny for doing scenario at 85.

Oooh maybe a FoS? That'd be nice.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
09/07/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Samophlange
After the lifting of the mists, the Battle of Theramore will join all other Scenarios as level-90-only content, and everyone -- including players who missed it at level 85 -- will be able to play through the event

That assumes everyone will reach level 90.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
09/07/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Ratinger
Will you be able to do the scenario multiple times, or only once? I ask because I'm wondering if I could still help a friend or guildie even after completing it.

As many times as you want.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm 85 and the event is locked for me
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
09/07/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Brazill
I'm 85 and the event is locked for me

The event hasn't started yet.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
so is there going to be a sacking of Theramore?
Will Theramore change at all?
I am really disappointed that this is a scenario, and not a prelaunch event that everyone can do.
will there be any kind of prelaunch event at all? we have had some fun ones in the past and I am hoping for another fun one we can all enjoy.
Deathwing was fun and change did happen, to a lot of places.
I am asking any blues who will answer, please.
I am sure I am not alone in wanting a fun event for everyone.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So to experience the Threamore scenario (and I am very, very annoyed that it is one - in the past anyone - even a level 10 - could participate in the events, but now you have to be 85 and then 90 after MOP to experience the event) what is needed?

I know you have to be level 85.

Do you need a traditional 5 person group tank / healer / 3x DPS? Or can 3 friends do it together? Or is it going to be like when we took back undercity or the end of the DK zone where it just queues up as many as want to within every 5 - 15 minutes and the NPC's do all the heavy lifting? Is there going to be an iLevel requirement? If not to get in, at least to have a successful group or will an 85 in 318 questing gear be able to do it?

You just need two other level 85 friends of any class to do it (for the first week it's out). After that, it just goes to 90 and it will work the same. (Only needs three people.)

We have a couple of previews up about them that you might want to take a look at. We also have a post up specifically about Theramore's Fall.

We've stated recently as well that those that do the scenario will see the aftermath. Everyone else will still see Theramore as it is. Eventually that will change for everyone, but not for a bit.
Edited by Nethaera on 9/13/2012 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Night Elf Druid
It is very refreshing to see responders actually answer a simple question as opposed to the "google it" response.

Perhaps not always but often enough, to google is get far more info than wanted and all to often said info varies from person to person and thus can be vexxing when one has to sort it all out.

Most sites are like this as well, player-xxx says this is best while player-aaa says something else, to often, you get a myriad of answers and many differ froma hardly noticable difference to highly different.

I guess for some, google takes the place of player/people interaction even in an MMORPG, why interact when you can "google".
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/13/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Teelo
Is there going to be a lolchievement for doing it at level 85? A feat of lol?

I'm going to just stare at you for a bit if that's OK. *stares*

Ok.. done..

Some answers are easily learned next week when the Scenario goes live.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]