Theramore scenario - requirements?

90 Human Warlock
09/13/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Nethaera
You just need two other level 85 friends of any class to do it

So it could just be 3 dps & we'd be fine?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Is there a minimum item lvl requirement for the lvl 85 version of theramore scenario?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/13/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Killercaitie

that's how scenarios work, it's not role dependent
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
09/13/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Nethaera
Some answers are easily learned next week when the Scenario goes live.

They are still wondering about the ilvl requirement that is stated in-game...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm going to just stare at you for a bit if that's OK. *stares*

Ok.. done..

Some answers are easily learned next week when the Scenario goes live.
Translation: "I don't know, go datamine the MPQs and find out."

Noo.. that wasn't the correct translation. I was just having to debate how much answer was deserved for your partial question. ;)

Any three classes. The speed at which you complete the Scenario may vary based on that (slightly) but they are designed to be run by any class combination.

Your ticket to ride is your level. If you don't have anyone to go into the Scenario with, we can provide people to group with via the queue.
Edited by Nethaera on 9/13/2012 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/13/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Tin

that's how scenarios work, it's not role dependent

That's why I asked, so I could find out. :P

Ya learn something new everyday!
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
Is this going to be a limited time event? If I don't have a level 85 by the time the destruction of Theramore becomes permanent, will I miss out on the event?

Also, why can't it have a lower level requirement and just scale up like scenarios do on the beta?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I heard there was a minimum gear requirement - please tell me this is not true.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Brb, taking dozens of screenshots of me hanging out in Theramore before it gets blown off the face of Azeroth =)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
You just need two other level 85 friends of any class to do it (for the first week it's out). After that, it just goes to 90 and it will work the same. (Only needs three people.)

We have a couple of previews up about them that you might want to take a look at. We also have a post up specifically about Theramore's Fall.

We've stated recently as well that those that do the scenario will see the aftermath. Everyone else will still see Theramore as it is. Eventually that will change for everyone, but not for a bit.

I hate to ask (okay, I don't), but why isn't there a real world event this time around? Those actually mean a lot to those of us that have been around for a while...just makes things more meaningful.

It just doesn't seem to make sense that when:

When people built up the Dark Portal, people knew why they were going into Outlands.
We went to Northrend, we knew why we were going there.
When DW blew up the world and Thrall left, we knew what had happened.

In game storywise, going to Pandarea just makes no sense without some sort of build up.
Edited by Jujubiju on 9/13/2012 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/13/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Sluggs
Is there a minimum item lvl requirement for the lvl 85 version of theramore scenario?

Anyone know? - someone suggested in another thread there was - really hoping there isn't, just the level 85.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So any three classes? Does that mean 3 healers would work? Not that I have some kind of hidden burning desire to run an all healer scenario or anything. Just wondering if that is even a real possibility.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/13/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Nethaera
Your ticket to ride is your level. If you don't have anyone to go into the Scenario with, we can provide people to group with via the queue.

So there's no gear requirement like there is for the dungeon or raid finders?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
How many time do people have to keep answering the same questions?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I just noticed something ... I have a hunter with an iLevel around 350. She used to have a higher iLevel until they took away her staff. Everyone's iLevel has dropped. It would be nice to know if I'll have to work on getting her iLevel up to participate in this "event".

Or should she just have some PvP gear in her bags.

Actually mine hasn't, because my bow and staff were the same ilvl.

Also I saw a blue post that said you could only run with a group, and that there'd be no queue system.

This is clearing things right up, actually. Thank you Nethaera.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
09/13/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Killercaitie

Scenarios are designed with 3 people in mind of any spec.

There is usually a npc that does some healing zones and fights along with you at points.

As long as everyone is actually participating and a understanding of game play any 3 toons should manage the scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
09/13/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Jujubiju
In game storywise, going to Pandarea just makes no sense without some sort of build up.

There is a introduction story though when MoP goes live. You'll enter SW keep and it starts an event that leads to the first quest that leads you to Pandarea.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Any three classes. The speed at which you complete the Scenario may vary based on that (slightly) but they are designed to be run by any class combination.

Your ticket to ride is your level. If you don't have anyone to go into the Scenario with, we can provide people to group with via the queue.[/quote]

What would the gear level requirements be? Obviously it shouldn't be something that new 85's can do (then it could be solo'd by most anyone in HDS gear)

Nor should it be something that requires HDS level gear.

My guess is 370ish ilvl requirement?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
09/13/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Fairadey

There is a introduction story though when MoP goes live. You'll enter SW keep and it starts an event that leads to the first quest that leads you to Pandarea.

But that's not really the same thing hun. Were you around when the Wrath events happened? Even though it bugged a lot of people, it gave us a reason to want to go to Northrend and kick the LK's butt.

Even the once every couple of hours Cata pre-event gave us some insight as to what was going on. Especially for those people that don't read the novels.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]