Theramore scenario - requirements?

90 Tauren Paladin
09/14/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Arhagon
Actaully depending on the epics sometimes I stayed with some gear for 3 or 4 levels.

Trust me, you'll drop it it's just raid finder ilvl stuff. The questing gear is far superior in just about every way with the exceptions of Tier bonuses which you'll replace anyways.
Reply Quote
09/14/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Tyburn
takes 1 day to get to 353 now.
Can you explain how? Other than several thousand gold on the AH?

USe your justice points....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/14/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Tyburn

Run cataclysm normal dungeon. Get JP. Use JP to buy 397 gear, replacing lowest ilvl pieces first.

At ilvl 329: Run cataclysm heroic dungeon. Get JP. Use JP to buy 397 gear, replacing lowest ilvl pieces first. Also, gear you will get here is ilvl 346.

Alternate idea: Run battlegrounds, buy PVP gear with honor points.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/07/2012 05:43 AMPosted by Linias
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=WoW+Scenarios

Ever so helpful. thank you.
</sarcasm>
How does telling you to use the Internet while you are on the Internet make him the bad guy? I imagine you as some snotty teenager who thinks she is all technologically savvy because she can check her Facebook, but not much else. You attitude also strengthens my theory.

I don't understand people sometimes.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I geared him past 353 yesterday it was way easy...justice points!!!!
Reply Quote
What's awesoem if there is a feat of strength I won't have to do it on multiple toons:)
Reply Quote
09/14/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Arhagon

You can get that many justice points in one day? Wow.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Bummer. I thought scenarios were supposed to be for people who didn't do dungeons, too, not just those who gear up in current 5 mans.
I have three family members who will be pretty disappointed since they don't do 5 mans.

Do they pvp??? if they pvp, their pvp Item level counts too.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Pretty easy to do when you aren't sitting around on the forums.
Reply Quote

You have 4 days gnome :)
Edited by Jolvexagar on 9/14/2012 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

more like 7 hours.... I was bored, run all the dungeon and battlegrounds I could while my wife was a t work lol.... you can mix and match pvp gear with pve or use your honer turn it into justice and use all the justice you collect.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

lol either his trolling us lmao or he doesnt realize his gnome is 377, or maybe he means his alts?
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Hunter
Bummer. I thought scenarios were supposed to be for people who didn't do dungeons, too, not just those who gear up in current 5 mans.

I have three family members who will be pretty disappointed since they don't do 5 mans.

Do they pvp??? if they pvp, their pvp Item level counts too.

They don't - they love questing, doing alts, a bunch of non-dungeon achievements, etc.

But, if I'm understanding correctly, once MoP comes out and they start questing, they should shoot past that 353 iLevel before getting to level 86, just with quest greens. Then they can do the scenario, just a couple weeks later than the special people.

(even this toon doesn't have 353 average and he's been doing dungeons since Cata release. I do have a shadow priest over the requirement, though, so I'll be able to do it on her next Tues.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm going to just stare at you for a bit if that's OK. *stares*

Ok.. done..

Some answers are easily learned next week when the Scenario goes live.
Translation: "I don't know, go datamine the MPQs and find out."

There we go: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7467#comments

Translation: Stupid questions don't deserve answers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
09/14/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Safari
But, if I'm understanding correctly, once MoP comes out and they start questing, they should shoot past that 353 iLevel before getting to level 86, just with quest greens. Then they can do the scenario, just a couple weeks later than the special people.

Scenarios are 90... so not till you hit then.
Reply Quote

lol either his trolling us lmao or he doesnt realize his gnome is 377, or maybe he means his alts?

Lol, no, I'm really not trolling. I was talking about alts and fresh level 85's and someone said you could get the ilevel in a day. It's impressive. I honestly just think this "event" should be as inclusive as possible. Removing/lowering the ilevel requirement doesn't hurt other people's play, other than I suppose if you were using the group finder function to run it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No, it's not that hard to get 353... but how many people will want to run undergeared guildies through stuff solely so that they can do this scenario? It won't make much difference in leveling to 86 to have 353 vs 316 or whatever... so the ONLY reason to do this is the scenario.

Doesn't affect me since I have 3 toons well past the 353 point, but sucks for someone who, for whatever reason, took a break without gearing their toons, comes back excited and is hit with this.

Since 397 gear can be purchased for Justice, I imagine it will take someone only a few hours to get enough pieces to put them over the threshold. If they are just expecting to log in and do it, it's no different than them expecting to log in and do LFR with quest greens, or anything else that has a required iLvL.

Er... LFR is a raid (kind of...) and you can argue people were doing LFR DS to grab gear for normal DS, i.e. farming it had a point. Farming just so you can see one scenario one time feels pointless.

A scenario that takes the place of a world event should at least be accessible and this isn't for people who havent geared. Also, yes, JP can buy 397 gear... but it will take several 397 pieces to move someone 40 ilevel points.

This wont affect most of us who've done the HoT 5s but for people who are coming back or for some other reason are in quest greens it must suck. If the scenario was around for 2-3 weeks, eh, but they have a week until MoP.
Edited by Clevmeleon on 9/14/2012 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/14/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Safari
once MoP comes out and they start questing, they should shoot past that 353 iLevel before getting to level 86, just with quest greens. Then they can do the scenario, just a couple weeks later than the special people.
The level 85 Theramore scenario is only for the 18th through the 24th.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7467#comments
Reply Quote
I just went back to verify this further to make sure I wasn't giving incorrect information. (Sorry for the confusion folks.) There is also an item level that goes with it. At level 85 Theramore's Fall is set to item level 353. At level 90 the item level is currently set for 425.

Aren't the scenarios the ones that are supposed to scale back people's item levels so they just can't outgear them? Can I ask what the point of having a minimum item level for these when you could just use the same technology to bump up undergeared players' stats as well. And especially for something that's going to be available for only a week, I'd hate to miss out on the 85 run just because I was off an item level or so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]