Theramore scenario - requirements?

90 Goblin Death Knight
09/14/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Boomshacka

=( That's terrible..... how come last expac people epics and we get LFR??? but then again you are not who I asked.

No matter what iLevel it drops, you'll replace it in 7 days anyway. It's not that big a deal, honestly.

Transmog. It will wind up being somewhat rare.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

Do they pvp??? if they pvp, their pvp Item level counts too.

They don't - they love questing, doing alts, a bunch of non-dungeon achievements, etc.

But, if I'm understanding correctly, once MoP comes out and they start questing, they should shoot past that 353 iLevel before getting to level 86, just with quest greens. Then they can do the scenario, just a couple weeks later than the special people.

(even this toon doesn't have 353 average and he's been doing dungeons since Cata release.

You have 351 ilevel. One heroic, maybe two, a drop or two or one purchase from the JP vendor, and you're in.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
pretty damn sad how after something like AQ40 gates for just a small tier patch, to world-wide events with bosses and quests and zombies for expansions like wotlk... we end up with an "event" that's in fact just another instance you queue for with the LFD tool. and only at max level.

dont tell me this game isn't slowly dying...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I just went back to verify this further to make sure I wasn't giving incorrect information. (Sorry for the confusion folks.) There is also an item level that goes with it. At level 85 Theramore's Fall is set to item level 353. At level 90 the item level is currently set for 425.

Aren't the scenarios the ones that are supposed to scale back people's item levels so they just can't outgear them? Can I ask what the point of having a minimum item level for these when you could just use the same technology to bump up undergeared players' stats as well. And especially for something that's going to be available for only a week, I'd hate to miss out on the 85 run just because I was off an item level or so.

You're thinking about Challenge modes.

Scenarios are more like instanced 3 player group quests. You go in and you're given a set up objectives to meet. Meet those, and you're usually given another set up objectives to complete and end the scenario.

Loot is like LFR loot - you get a cache that will have gold and sometimes an item in it. I suspect the level 85 version of this will probably have a better item drop rate than what scenarios will usually have just to get players interested. Or at least if Blizzard is smart they will. The scenarios I did on beta were kinda lackluster and not interesting enough to repeat considering the almost non-existant loot that was only heroic dungeon quality. Scenarios really just are another way to kill time and get some VP.
Edited by Joynal on 9/14/2012 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Is there going to be a lolchievement for doing it at level 85? A feat of lol?

I'm going to just stare at you for a bit if that's OK. *stares*

Ok.. done..

Some answers are easily learned next week when the Scenario goes live.

Just going to put this out there; if you like it you can take it; if you don't, send it right back...

This was the funniest thing I've ever read in a blue post.

Props.

Like, seriously, props.
Edited by Dazbekzul on 9/14/2012 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I guess this event is one that I will never get to experience as I don't do instances and so will never reach the ilevel to qualify for this. No doubt even at 90 they will keep the ilevel above what is obtainable by questing.

I just wish that they had chosen to have some event that could have been experienced by all the player base instead of alienation some. Even if was something small in addition to this one.

Oh well...it is what it is.
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Hunter
09/14/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Ignatowski
once MoP comes out and they start questing, they should shoot past that 353 iLevel before getting to level 86, just with quest greens. Then they can do the scenario, just a couple weeks later than the special people.
The level 85 Theramore scenario is only for the 18th through the 24th.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7467#comments

/bangs head on desk

But thanks for letting me know before I told them my great plan. :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I guess this event is one that I will never get to experience as I don't do instances and so will never reach the ilevel to qualify for this. No doubt even at 90 they will keep the ilevel above what is obtainable by questing.

I just wish that they had chosen to have some event that could have been experienced by all the player base instead of alienation some. Even if was something small in addition to this one.

Oh well...it is what it is.

So what you're saying is that you're LAZY?? I have 10 85's ALL above 380 ilvl. When I dinged 85 on a new toon I was above 350 ilvl in a matter of hours, above 380 in a day or 2. STOP crying about a 353 ilvl requirement, IT'S NOT HARD TO GET.

I could ding 85, zone out for 3 hours in some dungeons and be 353 by the time I was done.

Stop being lazy, it's YOUR OWN FAULT if you don't want to put in a few hours of work to hit the 353 requirement.

My GF just hit 85 on her horde hunter, it's been 85 for 2 hours of game play and is already 337 ilvl, and she hasn't even bought any JP gear yet.
Edited by Arteatha on 9/14/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So what you're saying is that you're LAZY?? I have 10 85's ALL above 380 ilvl. When I dinged 85 on a new toon I was above 350 ilvl in a matter of hours, above 380 in a day or 2. STOP crying about a 353 ilvl requirement, IT'S NOT HARD TO GET.I could ding 85, zone out for 3 hours in some dungeons and be 353 by the time I was done. Stop being lazy, it's YOUR OWN FAULT if you don't want to put in a few hours of work to hit the 353 requirement.My GF just hit 85 on her horde hunter, it's been 85 for 2 hours of game play and is already 337 ilvl, and she hasn't even bought any JP gear yet.

So anyone who doesn't do instances is "LAZY", no matter what disabilities they may have? I don't whine about my shortcomings, I just wish I was able to participate in some small way for this expansion pack. I don't begrudge the fact that you get to do a lot more than I will.

Some day you are going to find you have some limitations and someone is going to belittle you for it. At that time I hope that you remember your posting and remember how hurtful you have been to others you have never done you any harm.

Must be nice to be perfect.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
So anyone who doesn't do instances is "LAZY", no matter what disabilities they may have? I don't whine about my shortcomings, I just wish I was able to participate in some small way for this expansion pack. I don't begrudge the fact that you get to do a lot more than I will.

Some day you are going to find you have some limitations and someone is going to belittle you for it. At that time I hope that you remember your posting and remember how hurtful you have been to others you have never done you any harm.

Must be nice to be perfect.

Someone who doesn't do instances and expects things to be handed to them is, yes, lazy. Also you NEVER mentioned any disabilities in the post I quoted and if you did before in some previous post, well sorry, I didn't read it.

You wish that you were in some small way able to participate in the upcoming scenario. I have good news for you. You CAN participate in it, you just have to have a 353 ilvl, which if you weren't so lazy, would have by now.

Disabilities and shortcomings are an excuse. Here is a guy who is legally BLIND AND suffers from hearing loss who raids (or did raid) in a progression group:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/11/03/15-minutes-of-fame-legally-blind-player-with-hearing-loss-conqu/

Don't talk about disabilities like you are helpless. You are like everyone else, you can do things like EVERYONE else, and that includes running dungeons, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. So, YES, I will call you lazy because the fact is you don't want to put forth a little bit of effort to get EASY upgrades and reach the 353 ilvl requirement to do the scenario.

Tick Tock, you have 4 days and 10 hours left to get the 353 ilvl...shouldn't take more than a few hours at most, so you have plenty of time...so get to work. If you don't want to put forth the effort do NOT come crying on the forums...
Edited by Arteatha on 9/14/2012 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest

Transmog. It will wind up being somewhat rare.

It's not an event, it's a scenario. If I know blizzard, they'll just increase the stats on the same item/model. I would be surprised if it becomes rare for transmog.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
It just comes down to should you be required to do dungeons to qualify for scenarios and particularly the expansion launch scenario?

Sure it is not hard to get i353 gear but not everyone enjoys dungeons. Scenarios appeal to a lot of quest-centric players, it's like an elaborate 3 man quest after all. I can understand why they'd be frustrated by the requirement. If it was just a touch lower it'd be pretty easy to get through questing and crafting, but it's just barely out of reach with perhaps the exception of crafted pvp gear.

I don't dungeon much these days, and when I do it's with RL friends & family perhaps a couple times a week at most. Thankfully we've got the ilevel to queue up for it already. My purely quest alt (who used to be my raiding main all the way back to Vanilla & BC) does not meet the req so I suppose she'll miss out on the expansion event for the first time ever. I'm happy with just going on my current main but I can see people being miffed.

I do have one question (sorry if it's already been asked) is there any way to circumvent the ilevel requirement with a pre-formed group - the way you can now with dungeons by walking in the instance door? It'd be a nice alternative.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Paladin
09/13/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Nethaera
Your ticket to ride is your level. If you don't have anyone to go into the Scenario with, we can provide people to group with via the queue.

Is there an item level requirement?

I have heard that 353 is required, which is harsh, considering I got a druid to 85 as fast as I could so I could get her into the scenario, but her gear is abominable (leveled through questing and herbalism, few dungeons at all past 70). While I assume I can get some gear on her in time, I am not sure I can get her to a 353 average or better.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I do have one question (sorry if it's already been asked) is there any way to circumvent the ilevel requirement with a pre-formed group - the way you can now with dungeons by walking in the instance door? It'd be a nice alternative.

Unfortunately, no. As scenarios will be queued for and will have no world entrance like dungeons do. The queue will take ilvl into consideration and if one person in your group does not meet the ilvl it will not let you queue up as it will state "X player does not meet the required item level".
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Paladin
09/14/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Arteatha
So what you're saying is that you're LAZY?? I have 10 85's ALL above 380 ilvl. When I dinged 85 on a new toon I was above 350 ilvl in a matter of hours, above 380 in a day or 2. STOP crying about a 353 ilvl requirement, IT'S NOT HARD TO GET.

Troll elsewhere.

We're not all 1337 pro haxxorz WoW players (lol?) like you. In addition, we don't all have all day to play the game. Sure, I do, but I'd rather jump head first off a bridge than sit in a video game all day.

Shoo, child. Adults are speaking.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
That's too bad. It'd be a nice way to kind of meet the gear requirement halfway without being a detriment to the queue system.

And to Iralliini (may have misplaced a few i's and l's) yeah the requirement is i353, there's another blue post you must have missed clarifying this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
takes 1 day to get to 353 now.

Can you explain how? Other than several thousand gold on the AH?

Seriously?
I've leveled 14 characters to 85, and every single one dinged 85, and qued heroics within 5 min. Why 85's even do reg's I've never managed to understand. What ever floats their boat I guess?...but anyways:

Buy BoE 397's ( bracers, boots), you probably have 3k or so JP saved from leveling ( there's another piece),
Staying on top of your gear in Reg dungeons as you leveled( IL316-333), a couple of pieces in reg 85 dungeons ( IL346)
With any level of competence, you can easily que and succeed in reg heroics 5 min after dinging, and do HoT's maybe a couple hours later.
~sigh~ So much for getting all my alts to 85...
Looks like I gotta get some more iLevels on my main -.-
(Shouldn't take me long but not how I really wanted to be spending my time.)

If you find attaining IL353 hard, you're doing it wrong.
Edited by Gervasio on 9/14/2012 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Hunter
09/07/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Jexton

Ever so helpful. thank you.
</sarcasm>

You could have found the answers to your questions much faster by doing a simple google search.

What you just said, is articulate, it is intelligent, and it is logical. There's not a thing wrong with what you just said and god bless you for claiming that right.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
~sigh~ So much for getting all my alts to 85...
Looks like I gotta get some more iLevels on my main -.-
(Shouldn't take me long but not how I really wanted to be spending my time.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I just went back to verify this further to make sure I wasn't giving incorrect information. (Sorry for the confusion folks.) There is also an item level that goes with it. At level 85 Theramore's Fall is set to item level 353. At level 90 the item level is currently set for 425.

Thanks for this.

All of my Horde characters are fine, but I did a last minute level of my 80 Alliance warlock that I hadn't touched since Wrath so I could experience this from the Alliance viewpoint. It's not difficult or anything to get to this iLvl, but it is nice to have a confirmation that I do need to do a few more randoms.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]