Muting imp summon sound (wild imps)

90 Troll Shaman
So, on my demo lock, it seems that whenever the wild imps change target, they all make that hyena-cackling summoning sound in unison, and considering there's a whole herd of them out at a time, it gets pretty loud and annoying. Turning off pet sounds in the game options doesn't shut it off.

I know how to get rid of certain sounds by blanking the file, but I can't seem to find the right sound in the list (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13194-SoundcommandsforeverysoundupdatedforCataclysm.html). Most of the imp sounds are under ImpVO but they're not the ones I want, those are just the ones where the imp actually speaks. Where's the sound the imp makes when first summoned? Help?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Try Sound\Creature\Grell\GrellAggroA.ogg
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
That was it. Thank you very much, I doubt I'd have ever thought to search under Grell.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
09/07/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Choonster
Try Sound\Creature\Grell\GrellAggroA.ogg

OMG, you're a freakin' hero!

Thank you so much, I'd been digging and digging trying to locate this sound. One imp is fine, but when there are 5 of them running about constantly making this sound every time each of them aggro something, ugh. It's the reason I stopped progressing my demo lock (My favorite spec) through Mists, I just couldn't take it, lol.

Now, I don't have to. As Koica said, I'd of never thought to look under Grell.

I, and my no longer shelved Warlock, thank you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]