Tried EVERYTHING, still graphics stutter....?

100 Night Elf Druid
I've been having a stuttering issue too. Its not just graphics, its audio and input commands too! This is happening with another game as well and with both it doesn't matter what I turn my graphics settings to, it still happens. It only happens while I'm gaming. I can't find a solution anywhere and it makes it hard to play :(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
09/29/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Darkedged
I've been having a stuttering issue too. Its not just graphics, its audio and input commands too! This is happening with another game as well and with both it doesn't matter what I turn my graphics settings to, it still happens. It only happens while I'm gaming. I can't find a solution anywhere and it makes it hard to play :(

Is it like what's happening in my video on my post before yours? The camera stuttering has been happening to me in Rift now too.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Note quite, its like mine actually freezes up. I wasn't sure if it was my computer or the video, but was the audio skipping too?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
No. Just the video.
Edited by Thoraxes on 9/29/2012 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
My audio does not skip, it's just when I turn the camera the environment bounces, but my character remains still. It's like since the character is always in the middle of the screen and it's always focused around it, the character is perfectly fine while everything else that moves and changes is affected and stuttering. So strange.

Edit: Another thing I forgot to add on my original post on Page 2, my camera is only shaky and stuttering when I turn with my mouse. I've tested turning with the camera using a command to make it turn slow and it was perfectly fine.
Edited by Venrath on 9/29/2012 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm working on a video soon. Basically if I use "/reload ui" the problem goes away for 10-15 minutes and then comes back again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/29/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Thoraxes
I'm working on a video soon. Basically if I use "/reload ui" the problem goes away for 10-15 minutes and then comes back again.

Tried disabling all addons?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Is this by any chance what's happening with you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eE3dYrW0So

It's a very poor quality video, but you can see when I move the camera, the environment beyond my character jerks, bounces and pops. I've tested other Graphics cards, cleaned my CPU and reformatted 4 or 5 times with nothing. Nothing anyone suggests fixes it.

The weirdest part is that I was playing fora bit in 4.3 with nothing, but as soon as 5.0 it, BAM.

I don't know why my computer is doing it, even after reformatting. I have no clue and not getting any help, is the worst part.

Edit: My FPS is pretty much always 50 - 60 except near a lot of people. I have a GTX 570, an AMD-8150, and 8 Gigs of RAM so I shouldn't really be having problems.

Double Edit: I forgot to add that I downloaded a Cataclysm Private server, just to test if it did the same thing after I noticed it happening on Retail, and it also had jerky camera movements. This was after I downloaded Retail WoW though, so I'm not sure if it would have done that if I didn't have Retail installed. The reason I say this is because I had played on that Private server with this computer when Retail was still on Patch 4.3 and it didn't have jerky camera movements then.

Reidar,

Just watched your video. That is VERY similar to what was happening to me. Especially in flight. The only difference was, I would get smooth frame rates for a few seconds, then the whole environment would "jerk" or "twitch", and then a few more seconds of smooth frames, and another "jerk" or twitch".

On foot, or riding, if I had the camera pointed at the ground, it would be a few seconds of smooth frames, then "JERK".....then smooth frames, then "JERK".......it was most visible moving over grass, or by fences or walls, or flying past trees and mountains.
Edited by Fori on 9/29/2012 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It too is very visible for me when flying over Stormwind, or in trees, or near grass. The dread wastes have been killing me... It's been so bad here.

So, is your problem fixed Fori? I read your post about changing Vsync and Multisampling and such, but mine were already set like that. I've began thinking it was a hardware problem because I am experiencing it in Rift too. Then again, I don't remember this happening Pre-5.0.

The questions is though, can WoW and it's files really cause other games to have issues too? Or is it hardware? Or could it even be that WoW damaged something? I don't know.
Edited by Venrath on 9/29/2012 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

I've tried it while:

I disabled them all, reinstalled all of them after completely deleting them, deleted them completely a trying it like that, deleting the WTF and Cache folders, re-installing, deleted some of the folders suggested by a EU CS rep in Program Data, disabled every single startup program on my PC, tried all kinds of different settings, disabled all AV and firewall protection, tried on three different internet connections with all these factors, moved the installation to my SSD, tried it on all graphics presets, used the suggestions here with vsync, rolled back graphics drivers, cleaned and gutted all old drivers on my PC, changed input devices, switched between 64-bit and 32-bit clients, DX11 and DX9.

Nothing works and nothing changes no matter what I do, so I just leave things (My UI included) the way I originally had them because it makes absolutely no difference no matter what i've tried.

Here's the video BTW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHJRy1PT6nE&feature=player_embedded

In it I show the difference between attacking groups of mobs and single mobs both before and after reloading my UI. I only spam the skill swipe for the AOE group. The video quality is lower because I wanted to get this up quick and dirty, and you don't need to have it in 1080p to see what's happening.

I'm moreso curious as to what happens to get rid of the problem when you use the "reload ui" command, because using it 100% fixes it with addons both DISABLED and ENABLED. I would surmise that whatever functions that command performs is something that used to be more automated into the engine or something. You'll notice the stutter in the first half before I enter the command, and then how smooth everything is after I enter it.
Edited by Thoraxes on 9/29/2012 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/29/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Thoraxes

I've tried it while:

I disabled them all, reinstalled all of them after completely deleting them, deleted them completely a trying it like that, deleting the WTF and Cache folders, re-installing, deleted some of the folders suggested by a EU CS rep in Program Data, disabled every single startup program on my PC, tried all kinds of different settings, disabled all AV and firewall protection, tried on three different internet connections with all these factors, moved the installation to my SSD, tried it on all graphics presets, used the suggestions here, rolled back graphics drivers, cleaned and gutted all old drivers on my PC, changed input devices, switched between 64-bit and 32-bit clients, DX11 and DX9.

Nothing works and nothing changes no matter what I do, so I just leave things (My UI included) the way I originally had them because it makes absolutely no difference no matter what i've tried.

Here's the video BTW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHJRy1PT6nE&feature=player_embedded

In it I show the difference between attacking groups of mobs and single mobs both before and after reloading my UI. I only spam the skill swipe for the AOE group. The video quality is lower because I wanted to get this up quick and dirty, and you don't need to have it in 1080p to see what's happening.

I'm moreso curious as to what happens to get rid of the problem when you use the "reload ui" command, because using it 100% fixes it with addons both DISABLED and ENABLED. I would surmise that whatever functions that command performs is something that used to be more automated into the engine or something. You'll notice the stutter in the first half before I enter the command, and then how smooth everything is after I enter it.

Something similar to that was happening to me earlier. Whenever I attacked something with my Feral Druid, my whole screen just froze and started glitching and fps dropped like crazy. Turned out that Recount was broken and removing it fixed it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
[quote]
Something similar to that was happening to me earlier. Whenever I attacked something with my Feral Druid, my whole screen just froze and started glitching and fps dropped like crazy. Turned out that Recount was broken and removing it fixed it.

I do not use Recount and I also have the Combat Log disabled. It's really quite odd. I'm also appreciating your help though :D
Edited by Thoraxes on 9/29/2012 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I'm having a very similar issue, before the patch it was great ran with ultra settings everywhere.
Now I get stuttering everywhere and everything I do with settings on low.
I haven't taken many steps because I see them all failing, or being short term fixes.
I'm afraid this and diablo 3 are going to burn up my computer!
I don't even know if I can play safely.
Will try a couple things mentioned in your above post.
Thank you for making this thread, I really just would like to play this beautiful game they've made..

Hey there Einstein,

I'm totally with you. Thousands of players have posted that they've already tried to put all their settings to low, and it still isn't helping at all. I have absolutely no idea why changing settings would work for some player's rigs but not others. This is turning into a genuine crap shoot. I don't know if it's a thing with 5.0.4 and Nvidia vs. AMD cards.

***However, I don't know if you read my longer post in full. There is a really dangerous thing happening right now with this 5.0.4 Update. And I am ABSOLUTELY STUNNED WHY Blizzard has not issued some kind of official announcement or warning about this!!!! It's just mindblowing....

The deal is this. THIS IS IMPORTANT: ****The new updated Graphics Engine is forcing video cards to run at 100% usage, no matter what the actual current load is. Right after 5.0.4 was released, players suddenly began to say, "Hey, why is my card suddenly running so hot, it wasn't before, and why are my fans suddenly running so hard, it wasn't doing this before the Update?"....

That's why. The new Engine forces the card to 100% of GPU Usage and holds it there during most of the time you are playing WoW. And therefore, your card is now being forced to run hotter and stay at max usage the entire time you are in the game.

NOW, the crazy thing is, I'm SURE that by now, Blizzard is aware of this problem! And yet, incredibly, they haven't even so much as whispered a word about it. In fact, for the past four weeks, the Blue Techs. have been going out into the forums, and are literally treating the overheating problem on a rig-by-rig invidual basis! It's insane. They're asking individual players if their fans are clean, or if their systems are dusty! It's insane! They're approaching the threads ONE PLAYER at a time and going over their individual rigs with a fine-tooth comb! Meanwhile, they've got a thousand other threads all reporting the SAME exact heat issue with all kinds of video cards and all kind of different rigs. I mean HELLLO????????

I can tell you this. With the current state of the patch, and the overheating issue, I'm like you, I'm not trusting playing WoW OR Diablo 3 at this point!

Now in my case, I WAS able to bring down my GPU usage and bring down my temps by Enabling Vertical Sync. With my FPS capped at 60, my card can only work up to that capacity...... and so I'm controlling it to SOME extent.

I ran WoW last night for about an hour with MSI Afterburner Temperature Monitor up on screen. I monitored my GPU usage and my temps for about an hour. With Vertical Sync enabled, and my FPS limited to 60, my GPU usage stayed right around 50-55% usage. And my temps, under load, never got above the mid 60's c.

Then I DISABLED Vertical Sync.......and woah. My GPU usage shot to 100%, and my temps. went up about 10 degrees.

And there it was. If you let your video card just max itself out, in combination with this new graphics engine, you WILL burn your card out.

I am waiting for Blizzard to finally acknowledge something, ANYTHING......ANYTHING, that their Update is causing all of this havoc. But so far, they are absolutely ignoring the scope of the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/29/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Thoraxes
[quote]Something similar to that was happening to me earlier. Whenever I attacked something with my Feral Druid, my whole screen just froze and started glitching and fps dropped like crazy. Turned out that Recount was broken and removing it fixed it.

I do not use Recount and I also have the Combat Log disabled. It's really quite odd. I'm also appreciating your help though :D

I would ask you if any of your addons are out of date, but you said you've tried disabling them already, so it's not like that matters.

Have you tested other characters and other servers? Probably not a problem, but just checking.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
It too is very visible for me when flying over Stormwind, or in trees, or near grass. The dread wastes have been killing me... It's been so bad here.

So, is your problem fixed Fori? I read your post about changing Vsync and Multisampling and such, but mine were already set like that. I've began thinking it was a hardware problem because I am experiencing it in Rift too. Then again, I don't remember this happening Pre-5.0.

The questions is though, can WoW and it's files really cause other games to have issues too? Or is it hardware? Or could it even be that WoW damaged something? I don't know.

Hey Venrath,

I first saw it in Swamp of Sorrows. On Aug.29th, I just finished the Update, and I went to go on a quest. That was when I first saw the stutter in the trees, the grass, and on the dirt road....and the 30 day nightmare began.

Well....my problem is fixed and it isn't lol.

Uh, my settings SEEM to have greatly lessened the stutter, but it's not gone entirely. My settings DID seem to permanently fix the white pixel anomalies, and DID seem to permanently fix the black, jagged lines around trees. Those two problems have not come back, I think I solved those.

But the stutter is still showing up in certain zones, like RedRidge Mountains, and it's still showing up in Swamp of Sorrows to some degree. But it definitely seems like it's a lot less than before. And I do know that when I had VS OFF, and let my FPS go above 100, the stutter was MUCH worse. Bringing my FPS down to 60 and capping it, has improved the environmental stutter a lot.
Edited by Fori on 9/29/2012 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/29/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Venrath

I would ask you if any of your addons are out of date, but you said you've tried disabling them already, so it's not like that matters.

Have you tested other characters and other servers? Probably not a problem, but just checking.

I have not yet, but I will soon. I've only logged into my other dudes to do banking and disenchanting so far.
Edited by Thoraxes on 9/29/2012 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

I have not yet, but I will soon. I've only logged into my other dudes to do banking and disenchanting so far.

There was a problem like this for Hunters back in Cataclysm, so it's just a thought.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Hey Venrath,

I first saw it in Swamp of Sorrows. On Aug.29th, I just finished the Update, and I went to go on a quest. That was when I first saw the stutter in the trees, the grass, and on the dirt road....and the 30 day nightmare began.

Well....my problem is fixed and it isn't lol.

Uh, my settings SEEM to have greatly lessened the stutter, but it's not gone entirely. My settings DID seem to permanently fix the white pixel anomalies, and DID seem to permanently fix the black, jagged lines around trees. Those two problems have not come back, I think I solved those.

But the stutter is still showing up in certain zones, like RedRidge Mountains, and it's still showing up in Swamp of Sorrows to some degree. But it definitely seems like it's a lot less than before. And I do know that when I had VS OFF, and let my FPS go above 100, the stutter was MUCH worse. Bringing my FPS down to 60 and capping it, has improved the environmental stutter a lot.

This is Reidar, btw. But yea, I wish I could remember an exact date I started seeing it, but I didn't see it until after 5.0 and on WoW. That's when everything started becoming questionable. :|
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Edited by Fori on 9/29/2012 7:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Hey folks,

Just noticed the troubleshooting going on with regard to Updating, Disabling and/or reinstalling Addons.

For what it's worth, my graphics stutter started right after 5.0.4 on August 29th, as I've already described. The important note I wish to record here, is that I am running NO Addons. NONE. NOT ONE.

And I STILL got hit with all these graphics and performance issues.

So if Blizzard wants to blame our issues on outdated Addons or Addons causing a general conflict, then how do they explain the fact that I'm having the same type or similar type of graphics stutter, and yet I don't have ANY Addons at all? Lol.....

This is just another piece of the puzzle.

Your Addons are not causing this. Even if some of your Addons ARE outdated, they would NOT be causing chaos this widespread, no way. Yes, addons can cause certain types of errors and malfunctions, but not to this degree.

No way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]