Cross Realm Fishing Derby?

19 Draenei Shaman
I'd be very upset if they turned CRZs off. I want world PVP to stay where it's been since they were implemented. Going out into the real world and seeing no one is NOT FUN. Going out and seeing people to fight and kill IS FUN.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

As a side-note: we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future, so hang in there. We’re listening, and we’re working to address those concerns just as quickly as we can.

.....?

You are not listening. You have over 450 pages in a highly organized thread that goes into great detail as to the multiple problems the community has with this "feature" aside from the ridiculous buggy state it was released in.

So how do you fix this, one of a great many problems that CRZ continues to cause? You take away the fishing tournaments.

Is it difficult to type while flipping off your customer base at the same time? Because that is exactly what this is starting to feel like.
Reply Quote
19 Draenei Shaman
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

As a side-note: we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future, so hang in there. We’re listening, and we’re working to address those concerns just as quickly as we can.

.....?

You are not listening. You have over 450 pages in a highly organized thread that goes into great detail as to the multiple problems the community has with this "feature" aside from the ridiculous buggy state it was released in.

So how do you fix this, one of a great many problems that CRZ continues to cause? You take away the fishing tournaments.

Is it difficult to type while flipping off your customer base at the same time? Because that is exactly what this is starting to feel like.

Sorry, but fixing CRZ, which affects everyone, is more important than fixing a fishing tournament that affects...a few hundred people? Maybe a few thousand? I've never fished past 150 on any character, and I don't care about the tournaments. I WANT CRZs to stay, and so do a lot of people on PVP realms.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/20/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Boomshacka
Sorry, but fixing CRZ, which affects everyone, is more important than fixing a fishing tournament that affects...a few hundred people? Maybe a few thousand? I've never fished past 150 on any character, and I don't care about the tournaments. I WANT CRZs to stay, and so do a lot of people on PVP realms.

If the tournaments were the only thing wrong with CRZ you'd have a point. I am happy that you find an aspect of this monstrosity that you enjoy, at least someone is getting something out of it. But you cannot deny that this "feature" is broken, and should not be released to live servers as is. They have feedback, pull it off, fix it, and if it is still decided to be a feasible and worthwhile addition to this game, give it a toggle switch to allow players who do not enjoy CRZ to opt to stay on the server they intended to play on or paid money to transfer to in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Cross realm is the WORST idea Blizzard has ever come up with. Now you can't farm to level your proffessions without someone from Tannaris or Ghostlands coming up and grabbing the ore before you can run to it. The realms have 50 times more ppl in them than they are designed to have.

Blizzard I know you are losing money compared to what you made before but why try to save money to by pushing 50 times more ppl on to the realms and making it impossible to do anything at lower levels.

Now all you can do is sit in Stormwind or do the crappy scenario or do LFR where you can never win an item at all. I don't get it the Cata model was awesome now the game is terrible. Mop is going to be such a mistake im sure your subscription numbers will drop lower and lower.

The Molten front dalies are a pain as well with as many ppl doing them as on day one. Just to save a few pennies on server space.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
09/19/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Andiran

This horse is going to get its head bashed in plenty more once people are trying to go around the world catching things for their pet battle teams and CRZ renders that infinitely more difficult than it needs to be.

The CRZ -is- the root of this problem. It's a shame that the fishing content has to suffer for it. Folks have every right to call Blizzard out on their terrible implementation of a terrible idea.

I have yet to see what the problem is with CRZ. Yes, there are issues that need tweaking, and yes, it stinks that they couldn't have been figured out beforehand.

I started playing in May of this year. (And oh my gosh, if I hear one more of you complain about how things were so much better back in the "glory days" of Vanilla/BC, I swear I'll... I don't know what.) Yes, I'm a newbie to WoW. But I'm excited for CRZ. WoW is an MMO - massively multiplayer online (roleplaying game). You ALL seem to be forgetting the "massively multiplayer" part of that. Blizzard is trying to help dead servers to a certain extent and not give certain players an advantage that they would not have had they chosen a realm that had a higher population. I understand there is a difference in play style -- I like my medium pop. server, because it's not too big, but I still see people pretty much everywhere. All of you who are QQing because you "actually have to compete now!" need to get over yourselves and realize that this is how Blizzard intended for the game to be played.

If Blizzard wanted each person to be able to have as much as he wanted, they would've come up with something like having each person instanced by himself and only coming together via queues for dungeons/LFR/what have you. Have they done this? NO! Because it's a stupid idea! With CRZ, everyone can experience Azeroth with other people around, like the game was intended to be experienced.

So yes, I recognize that there are still bugs (some large ones) to be worked out, but I like this change -- I LIKE seeing people everywhere I go in Azeroth, instead of having some zones completely empty and some zones (capital cities) teeming with life. This is a GOOD change, so get off of your high horses and realize that Blizz didn't intend for you to play the game by yourself.

/rant

Well for starters, you have been playing since the long, long time ago of May 2012 so your opinion to me (and Im sure to others) is completely invalid. You have zero experience in the game for how things worked at one point versus how they work now. So what if other players talk about "back when" they have put in miles on the game long before you ever came around, thats their right if you dont like it proceed to find the door out. Secondly, just because the game is considered a "massively multiplayer online roleplaying game" doesnt automatically render this feature to fall into the category of what exactly entails that. Its a horribly bugged, horribly implemented system being pushed down the throats to a HUGE percentage of the population that does not like it. The last Darkmoon Faire I witnessed probably one of the biggest trollfests I have ever seen at the cave for the rabbit. From the time the rabbit popped at 12:30 until a little after 5:00 server it was nothing but a flame/troll/kill steal war between my server Proudmoore and three other 40 man raids from other servers. Everyone was cursing vile names to each other, and purposely bugging out the rabbit so the other server couldnt have it. After the 4 and a half hours that was the fiasco of Darkmoon Island, Tichondrius finally got it. Which of course it was OUR server they were on. In a fantasy land where kittens and rainbows merge to form magical Pop Tarts of delight CRZ is a great idea. But in reality the few people it helps are outweighed by the MANY it hinders. My server is an EXTREMELY busy, bustling hub of activity at all times of day in all zones. The whole "bring back life" theory does not apply to servers like us. All it does is increase the already very difficult task of getting anything done because of the high level of compeitition that already exists to such disproportionate levels it gets you to the point you say screw it and log off. I personally know two friends from the server I have been playing with for several years literally quit over it. Thats not "active healthy competition" its a severe hinderance to an already working just fine premise. So before you go spouting some hodge podge rhetoric that is a copy/paste ideal and response youve seen from other players how about putting some actual miles and time into the game to get some valid experience of how things work and how they affect OTHERS not just yourself. The only person here on a high horse is you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I WANT CRZs to stay, and so do a lot of people on PVP realms.

Well I'm on a PVP realm and I want CRZ gone. There are plenty of PVP realms that are (or were before CRZ) 99:1 horde dominated or alliance dominated and having this "feature" implemented is like being forced to go from a PVE server to a balanced PVP server. This isn't the play environment I signed up for.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just don't understand the benefits of implementing this. Bringing back world Pvp on pvp servers, fine that's great. I'm not on a pvp server and I don't pvp at all.

The only positive feedback I've heard besides that, is that it's "nice" to see people out while questing.

Really?

How is this worth it? Even IF it was running smoothly, I still see this having more negative impact than positive. Especially if the only positve is a feeling that some players get. It does make it more difficult to farm, and the people complaining about it are not suffering from some sense of entitlement. Farming can already get pretty tedious, and now everybody has more competition. Bots are already a problem when it's only one server's worth.

Have you tried levelling a toon since this was implemented? I haven't peronally, but a few guildies have and it is a nightmare. Good luck completing any quests involving mobs that are killed as part of a rep grind.

I've already completed most of the achievements that this negatively impacts. Bloody Rare, Frostbitten, Salty, even have the TLPD. I was lucky enough to get this stuff done, but I really don't think it's fair for others still trying to have to deal with this. Hunters have to deal with more people killing the rare pets too.

It just seems to me that even if/when they fix the bugs with this, it's still going to cause a lot of frustration for a great majority (imo) of the playerbase, and I don't think there will be enough positives to off-set that.
Edited by Ethgar on 9/20/2012 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
The whole don't worry we are listening seems to be a form letter answer that actually means:

"MOP will be out in a few more days hopefully then these people will forget about CRZ for at least 3-4 months while they are playing MOP and then we don't have to worry about fixing or looking at the complaints" :D
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard: We realize that our bad planning, implementation and lack of foresight means that people are exploiting our game with the fishing tournament. Because of this, we'll disable fishing tournaments for everyone! I R LOGICAL!!!

Why not 'disable' your stupid 'feature' that very few people wanted and caused more problems than it solved? I R LOGICAL!!!
Reply Quote
How about removing the CRZ feature until you get all the stuff fixed, instead making so difficult to move, quest, farm, etc. Also it just wonderful to get camped or ganked every time you rez. Not really seeing how this improved the game for me or any of the hundreds of thousands of other people. Frankly, I moved to my present server to get away from the very things that are taking place now. Frankly, if I wanted to be with these people on ED (US), I would have not bothered to pay to transfer all my toons off that server.

I think the people that want to pvp 24/7 ought to be able to do that and the people that do not care for it all the time should be forwarded the opportunity to go to a normal server. I have never got on forums and complained before, but this is one feature I am not enjoying in the least. Yes, I am on a pvp server and yes, I like to pvp sometimes, but mostly I like doing dailies, farming and pve raiding. I should not be forced to just be into having to pvp.

To me, Maelstrom was just fine the way it was. Hardly any lag around the world, maybe see someone other than bots from time to time. Being able to quest, farm, or whatever without someone constantly bother you. Yes, this is an MMO, but on my server it rarely feels like it.

I have been really excited since being able to play on MoP beta. I was looking forward to all the dailies and quest I could do. Every zone is very nicely done and quests seem to still be somewhat challenging. Everything about this xpac seem tailored to the way I enjoy playing it, but this CRZ stuff is about to end my 6 plus years of playing it. I know that I will the customary stuff that everyone gets when they say they are leaving. I have been one of those players blizz like to have, because I continue in my own way to help pay their bills and pay their employees.

I am an everyday player (since being chair bound for most of the last 4 yrs. due to having compression fractures in my spine); I sometimes play as much as 12-14 hours a day. Yes, to some that might be a bit excessive, but this is my solace from all the pain I endure on a constant basis. This game, in large part has done more in the way of therapy than anything. It gives me the opportunity to keep my mind focused on something rather than the body I can no longer control.

As a side note: can anyone recommend another pc game out there, that I might enjoy playing as much as wow. Thank you in advance.
Edited by Tullibee on 9/20/2012 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/20/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Aligoldfrapp
I WANT CRZs to stay, and so do a lot of people on PVP realms.

Well I'm on a PVP realm and I want CRZ gone. There are plenty of PVP realms that are (or were before CRZ) 99:1 horde dominated or alliance dominated and having this "feature" implemented is like being forced to go from a PVE server to a balanced PVP server. This isn't the play environment I signed up for.

I'm with you on this. I'm also on a PvP realm, and I want it gone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/19/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Vaeflare

^So... disabling the fishing durby... (that has been working perfectly for years.
v So that something that has caused more issues then its worth and many ppl have not liked can be fixed on live servers and not in ptr/beta where it should have been?

09/19/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Just seems you are taking out something that is working (to make it work with the broken CRZ) to fix something thats broken. Why did CRZ go live when it had so many faults isnt this why you have ptr/beta's?

Honestly CRZ is causing more issues then its worth, ppl don't like it as it is and its breaking things that ppl already liked. If the aim was to get more ppl in a zone so low pops can feel like high pops why not just do free xfers some ppl like low pop cos it is low pop >.<.

Anyway my ranting amounts to nothing CRZ has broken alot of things (error 132/134, zone phase breaks, world pvp zones, time zones etc.). All so now ppl have more compertition for gather nodes, over crowed world events. The only thing thats cool from this is you can invite someone from another server and they phase in with you, and this doesnt have to be to do with CRZ it could be taken down and this would still be quiet easy to keep up.

:) <3 Ava
Edited by Avalon on 9/21/2012 12:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
76 Worgen Hunter
Knowing that a fix is in the works and that it is being deployed in a future patch is a better response than what some other issues or bugs are given. So show some patience and be happy because you just got more attention than what everyone else gets.

And personally I'd rather it come in a patch than having the servers go down constantly so they can fix every freakn bug this game develops. Cause thats the alternative to having to wait.

And lets face it, blizz did a stellar job when realm servers were being hacked and brought down recently, so clearly Blizz know when some thing is important enough to make it an immediate priority.
Edited by Twistidsista on 9/21/2012 1:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Ugh. Just ugh. The entire flipping game was designed around players from a realm being in that realm. Sharing separate instances a la dungeon finder or battlegroups is one thing. Randomly plopping into different realms multiple times in a short stretch is a completely nother thing, and I have no faith that any fix that enables the tourneys to function doesn't break something else.

All this to see other people when you're doing soloable quests?

And for those (including ghostcrawler) who boil this down to "it's not a solo game"- hell, why have instanced dungeons or raids? Why not just let everyone in CRZ into the same DS raid and whichever of the 78 raid groups can tag the dragon and kill it first gets all the loots for the day. What? Not a good idea, you say? What, you want a solo game?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Id be disappointed of they turned off CZR, I really enjoy actually seeing people in the world instead of everyone piled in cities. Has made my questing experience much more fun and I am glad that they implemented it. As for the fishing tourney. Continue to make it hard to get, dont take out the tourney for the Salty Title.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Looks like no matter how bad it is, CRZ is here to stay... at least till they notice the 2 mill or so subs lost and the panda flux has died out.

It really looks like they implemented a system just to add more of a time sink to the game. 3X longer to do dailies and rep well that 3X more money made on that account cause of played time required.

I am also on a pvp realm and am not a fan of CRZ. Pirates day was a horde camp fest where what seemed 100s of horde stoped the ally from doing the achievement. Then it was time for the horde to even greif the Horde new player by all mounting on the NPC so that you couldn't click. I bet there was over 100 people that i had to explain the /target system too.

Then theres "world pvp", so far the world pvp i have seen is 3 plus players flying around ganking solo players or lowbies. While I understand thats life on a pvp server I really wouldn't call it world pvp. World pvp used to be the epic tauren mill and SS battles but that even gone now cause of cata.

I consider CRZ to be a gimmic phase to bring back some old subs that left. At first (like cata launch) there will be an influx of subs back but when everyone see that its bugged and the initial fun of group courpse camping wears off it will just be the pain many of us see it is now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]