Cross Realm Fishing Derby?

90 Orc Warlock
Unintended consequences are unintended.

Kind of like the cross realm alliance level 85 jack-mules who were ganking my lvl 44 priest in E. Plaguelands.
Since it is cross realm, I had no way of hunting them down and treating them to a flaming death once they flew out of the cross realm zones.
Edited by Scathbais on 9/12/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Are you looking into the issue of CRZ being a poor substitute for necessary server mergers, and/or the reasons why people are leaving your game? I'd start with re-balancing your content/leveling experience and ditching CRZ entirely in favor of server mergers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/12/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I just wanted to pass along that we’re aware of this issue, and that the impact of cross-realm zones on the Fishing Derby is currently being investigated.

The scary thing is that this was allowed to go live, with no one at Blizz even thinking of what it might cause. I'm not surprised though given how many other things are badly wrong with CRZ.
Reply Quote
I just wanted to pass along that we’re aware of this issue, and that the impact of cross-realm zones on the Fishing Derby is currently being investigated.

Ya know... this is the kind of thing that was repeatedly reported during beta as well as a myriad of other CRZ issues that remain unresolved... you would HAVE THOUGHT that these would have been addressed instead of bringing them to LIVE and forcing the general public to point out what YOU already knew about and refused to address.
Reply Quote

Actually, unintended consequences are a result of failure to fully test or think an idea thru.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Mage
09/10/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Elepheagle
I experienced the same thing on Saturday. I normally head to Dalaran 15 minutes in advance of the tournament. My server time is within the PST zone, but when once in Northrend the zones I encountered were on CST zone, ensuring that I was just under two hours late for the tournament.

Someone else on these forums had the reverse. They started fishing at 2pm in SB, caught the shark and hearthed, but it was only 1:10pm in Dalaran. So they had to stand around and wait till Dalaran was 2pm to hand in...and won.

Glad it's being looked at and fixed to everyone a fair play again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
yet another reason CRZs are a bad idea along with people poaching mats and rares, now even events are gonna be everyone free for all
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Enjoy it folks...we won't see another blue post in here for another year. And this just goes to show that Blizzard DOES in fact, read the professions forums.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Actually, unintended consequences are a result of failure to fully test or think an idea thru.

Clearly you did not see the sarcasm hat planted firmly on my head?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Zone of Eternal Rivers

This is a new Fishing Zone created just to get away from it all. It's fairly small but pretty luxurious (yes you can even rent a boat)
Every Sunday at 2:00 ZONE TIME (CRZ with its own time) We hold a Fishing Tournament that the Winner is the one who brings us the fish THAT ONLY SPAWN WHILE THE TOURNAMENT IS ACTIVE.

Be warned that during this event MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE SPEED IS 100% NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE ACTIVE. The Zone automatically applies this debuff.

The First person to turn in the prize to the Head BassMaster is the winner. Dont forget he likes to Wander around during this event. He may be eating lunch or out for a stroll around the lake.

When the tournament is not active feel free to enjoy our Boat rentals and exclusive fishing areas.

Dont forget to stop by the You-Bake-It Shack where our Prize 5 Star Chef may have something to teach you.
The String and a Prayer Tackle shop also has exclusive Poles unavailable anywhere else

*One can dream cant they?*
Edited by Locuid on 9/12/2012 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
@Locuid

Really like that idea.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
The way I see Cross realm servers are x-x parallel universes lol...

you get ganked by a level 85 in EPL(to use earlier posters example) on CRZ 1 (using numbers for ease)

you hop on your main to try and kill the noob, take the time to fly out there, zone in and POOf you find yourself in CRZ 5.... while your enemy may or may not still be in CRZ1 SO you zone out, back in and your in CRZ 3... and you repeat this until you possibly maybe happen to enter that CRZ1 EXCEPT that you have no idea when you get to the correct parallel universe (realm)

(pretty sure you can't tell unless you happened to get a couple names from general chat and... happen to have them reply to you again)

... and hope the reason you swapped toons and bothered with all this hassle is still there!!!

x-x and yeah, all the negatives of a high population server without the benefits... (good luck collecting netherwing eggs lol..)

I can only hope that this stupid CRZ thing will not affect the panda leveling zones at first but.. knowing blizzard it probably will. (inB4 the realm firsts glitch out and are given to people who are not on your realm..... or PVE realms getting camped due to a pvp realm joining their CRZ and flagging everyone)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
@Locuid

Really like that idea.

Ty...just trying to figure out how to accommodate PVP'ers. I think first Req is fishing at a certain level say 100 (pretty ez to get to). Then maybe if you come from a PVP realm you stay PVP or make it a exclusive non-violent area (like capital cities). Not sure which would be better and easier to do
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue

What about the impact on dailies and World Events such as DMF or the coming Brewfest? Not trying to start anything by asking that, rather I would honestly like to know if you guys have some game plan for those as well. If a Derby is missed because of CRZ once before you guys get it figured out that might not be too bad, but if it is something for DMF and someone goes with what should be a couple hours left to finish a turn in and it's gone, that is a 3 week wait to try again. For something like Brewfest or holiday type events in general it would be a year long wait.

Let's be honest as well, dailies, how ever well designed are grind work. Doing the same quests (1-3 variable quests out of 20 doth not make it different. Example: today kill 10 of these, tomorrow 9, or kill X NPC, tomorrow Y...Not Really different) for a month is time killing work for titles (Crusader), rep, mounts, etc.. Alot of us do it as a routine at the end of a gaming day. I play on Cenarion Circle for instance. It is PST of course, so if I go to do Molten Front dailies before I go to bed, I have until 5 AM since I am in CST. If the zone moves to EST suddenly and I get there at 2 AM CST, with what should be 3 hours to go, it would be on the next days dailies already; effectively making me miss a day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]