Cross Realm Fishing Derby?

85 Undead Priest
09/19/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Rasamel
Disturbing that the answer is to disable fishing tournaments instead of CRZ. D:

This. But of course, turning off CRZ would be like admitting that they're broken, or worse, a terrible idea to begin with. We can't have that.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
09/19/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Rasamel
Disturbing that the answer is to disable fishing tournaments instead of CRZ. D:

^^^^^
Reply Quote
yeah after the 25th, the ptr has been relatively quiet with just polishing and getting the game bug-free as much as possible. even then fishing tourney i estimate would probably be up in a month or two if they find a fix.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
CRZ isn't the argument here though, and I don't think that dead-horse should be assaulted anymore.

CRZ clearly requires some tweaking and you really can only test SO MUCH before bringing things over to live before one of the many millions of players figures out ways to mess with the system or tweak it out, break it, etc. While I personally think this particular incident could have been avoided with more forethought into time-based quests/events and how they would be effected by the cross-realm time changes, the actual CRZ as the "devil" is a tired idea.

If anything, I would rather see the fishing tournaments be tweaked so that if someone has won it already, it doesn't take away from the ability for someone else to. I've seen many people win the tourney week after week after week (before the cross-realm patch) and while I congratulate them on their system - it really frustrates when there forms this wall of disappointment at even a fair attempt to possibly claim your prize. (That prize being the Salty title)

Or modify the achievement itself to include a super rare fished up item some way or another to give that random chance for other people who would fish for a month straight to have a chance at the title instead of waiting years and years for a chance to win the tourney - especially for those who work on the weekend (Military) and never have the slightest chance.

These are just my suggestions, I don't expect the game to be tailored for everyone - but in this particular instance I think there should be some brainstorming about it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

As a side-note: we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future, so hang in there. We’re listening, and we’re working to address those concerns just as quickly as we can.

Respectfully, have you actually considered PATCHING and FIXING it, instead of dragging your heels on it? Truthfully, you would think you've had 4+ months to address this... the expansion goes live in what? 5 days?

Saying you are disabling it till you can get around to fixing it 'in a future patch' is just saying you dont give a tinker's damn about it so you are turning it off.

I have an idea... instead of shoving CRZ down the throat of live servers how about turn ALL CRZ OFF until you can get around to fixing it, 'in a future patch'

couldn't have said it better myself. Lame move Blizzard
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
09/19/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Cloudbomb
CRZ isn't the argument here though, and I don't think that dead-horse should be assaulted anymore.

This horse is going to get its head bashed in plenty more once people are trying to go around the world catching things for their pet battle teams and CRZ renders that infinitely more difficult than it needs to be.

The CRZ -is- the root of this problem. It's a shame that the fishing content has to suffer for it. Folks have every right to call Blizzard out on their terrible implementation of a terrible idea.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
09/19/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Cloudbomb

As long as the horse is still alive (and it very much is), it's still worth beating.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Disabling the tournament that everyone involved wants to do... Or disable the feature causing the event to be exploited/not fun for the people involved.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

I'm usually fairly supportive of what blizzard does but CRZ has been the single most reviled thing since the proposal of real names on the blizzard forums and its surprising that blizzard is so adamant about keeping a feature no one asked for and a good portion of the community hates.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

As a side-note: we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future, so hang in there. We’re listening, and we’re working to address those concerns just as quickly as we can.

The fact that you guys are plowing ahead with this bad idea in spite of the bugs and the negative effect it has had on a huge segment of your player base screams hubris to me. AP expires 10-22. I'll check back every once in a while to see if you've pulled your head out yet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

This horse is going to get its head bashed in plenty more once people are trying to go around the world catching things for their pet battle teams and CRZ renders that infinitely more difficult than it needs to be.

The CRZ -is- the root of this problem. It's a shame that the fishing content has to suffer for it. Folks have every right to call Blizzard out on their terrible implementation of a terrible idea.

I have yet to see what the problem is with CRZ. Yes, there are issues that need tweaking, and yes, it stinks that they couldn't have been figured out beforehand.

I started playing in May of this year. (And oh my gosh, if I hear one more of you complain about how things were so much better back in the "glory days" of Vanilla/BC, I swear I'll... I don't know what.) Yes, I'm a newbie to WoW. But I'm excited for CRZ. WoW is an MMO - massively multiplayer online (roleplaying game). You ALL seem to be forgetting the "massively multiplayer" part of that. Blizzard is trying to help dead servers to a certain extent and not give certain players an advantage that they would not have had they chosen a realm that had a higher population. I understand there is a difference in play style -- I like my medium pop. server, because it's not too big, but I still see people pretty much everywhere. All of you who are QQing because you "actually have to compete now!" need to get over yourselves and realize that this is how Blizzard intended for the game to be played.

If Blizzard wanted each person to be able to have as much as he wanted, they would've come up with something like having each person instanced by himself and only coming together via queues for dungeons/LFR/what have you. Have they done this? NO! Because it's a stupid idea! With CRZ, everyone can experience Azeroth with other people around, like the game was intended to be experienced.

So yes, I recognize that there are still bugs (some large ones) to be worked out, but I like this change -- I LIKE seeing people everywhere I go in Azeroth, instead of having some zones completely empty and some zones (capital cities) teeming with life. This is a GOOD change, so get off of your high horses and realize that Blizz didn't intend for you to play the game by yourself.

/rant
Edited by Andiran on 9/19/2012 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
if only there was a beta test to check for these types of "glitches"
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
09/19/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Adrash
Will there be a patch on the 25th or are we going to be waiting awhile for these fixes?

They don't usually announce patches, but if a patch does come next week, it'd probably either be Monday or Thursday (just a guess based on the past).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/19/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Lorinall
Have you considered instead changing the Fishing Derby to start and stop at the same time regardless of the realm's local time? Seems like a better temporary solution to me, if it can be done.

And if it ended up at 2am? or 4am? Or some other ridiculous time for some people.

No thank you.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
09/19/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Thewayward
if only there was a beta test to check for these types of "glitches"

It was fine on beta.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
09/19/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Mizani
Have you considered instead changing the Fishing Derby to start and stop at the same time regardless of the realm's local time? Seems like a better temporary solution to me, if it can be done.

And if it ended up at 2am? or 4am? Or some other ridiculous time for some people.

No thank you.

Haha seriously. Yes, people should totally have to be up in the middle of the night to do fishing tournaments and if they can't meet that ridiculous timeframe, oh well, too bad so sad for them.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Okay... so... instead of disabling the feature that's causing the actual problem - CRZ - you disable the fishing tournaments until you can fix the problem that CRZ is causing.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Mage
disable cross realm no the fishing tournament, CRZ is the worst system created by blizzard
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

CRZ clearly requires some tweaking and you really can only test SO MUCH before bringing things over to live before one of the many millions of players figures out ways to mess with the system or tweak it out, break it, etc. While I personally think this particular incident could have been avoided with more forethought into time-based quests/events and how they would be effected by the cross-realm time changes, the actual CRZ as the "devil" is a tired idea.

But, ugh. This isn't players breaking the system. The system isn't open to too much manipulation. This is the system working as it was programmed to, and problems that the developers should have seen coming rearing their heads.

CRZ *is* the problem. And this is just ONE of the things it's screwing up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]