Cross Realm Fishing Derby?

35 Undead Mage
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

As a side-note: we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future, so hang in there. We’re listening, and we’re working to address those concerns just as quickly as we can.

"Very near" better mean very near and not anything at all like "soon". I just got so fed up with the CRZ system I logged off the game. They said CRZ wasn't for capital cities, yet I am seeing 8 different realms of characters in my capital cities. The auctioneers are packed. The vendors are packed. I can't mine in peace in Icecrown, and now I can't even fish or do cooking dailies in peace in my capitals. I NEED to hear some concise, truthful, positive information about CRZ and preferably about an implementation to toggle it off, permanently, like a parental control.

I'm teetering on the brink of calling billing to cancel my MoP preorder. If I don't hear good CRZ info by Friday, I'll just make the call and assume the worst about it. I especially don't want to be told that the problem is me. That I'm simply too stupid to understand the system and misconstrue it's function, like the AMA answer indicated to the public.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
They said crz wont be implemented for mist of pandaria zones but you can invite people from other realms onto your own zone on day one

sounds just like crz to me

what this means is that guilds can easily run interference on other servers regarding resources questing anything they want.

This means a large enough group of people could in theory control multiple servers worth of resources from one server
Edited by Zalmatra on 9/19/2012 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

As a side-note: we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future, so hang in there. We’re listening, and we’re working to address those concerns just as quickly as we can.

Good! Hopefully "addressing those concerns" includes making right by those of us who should have won the derby fair and square but instead were screwed by hearthing to a Dalaran two hours behind server time. In the meantime the exploiters are running around with their Salty title!

I deliberately didn't server hop hoping the fact that I would have legitimately won would help my case with Blizzard. So far it hasn't. I hope this isn't the case once all the concerns are addressed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/19/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Vaeflare
, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

So remove them from the meta. You have taken away the ability of people to finish achievements. Who knows how long it will be and how many missed chances to finish the meta there will be till you fix this.
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Warlock

Why not just flag Northrend and Stranglethorn Vale as non-CRZ zones until this is fixed, instead of disabling the weekly fishing derbies?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

I'm not that worried about it. This is a MAJOR change so I expect a lot of surprises. I think it's going pretty smoothly all things considered.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/19/2012 10:42 PMPosted by Yubaba
Why not just take the fishing tournament achievement out of the meta for the Salty title/achievement?

That has other repercussions though. It will forever be known that CRZ's failure caused the removal.
When people ask "why was master angler removed from the salty meta?" the response will be "because Blizzard pushed a buggy feature onto Live servers and messed things up"
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
09/19/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Rasamel
Disturbing that the answer is to disable fishing tournaments instead of CRZ. D:

This is what happens when you make a fundamental design error in a software system. You cannot fix it without major code changes.

Simple fact is, Blizz failed to properly consider all the impacts of CRZ as a systems design issue - not just on technical/engineering issues, but in terms of social impacts, and "server economics", as well as exploits.

You guys need to apologize to the players for rushing something into production that was NOT asked for, and not thought through. And a lot of these issues were brought up during beta if you had bothered to listen to us, the people who pay your salary.

Roll CRZ back until you can fix the design problems with something more than bad cose-poatch after code-patch. I know from 20 years of software testing and engineering experience (in telecom) that you cannot fix design flaws in implementation. You have to rework the design and refactor the code. In the mean time, you roll back the bad code, quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/19/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Vaeflare
so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

Woooow. Just wow.

That is the absolute worst solution you could come up with. I really expect more out of you guys than a "we caused some problems, so the player will be punished" solution.
Also, how did somebody not notice, or realize, that this would happen with time sensitive events, when the world clock is flipping all over the place due to this new tech?

All I can say is that fellow Salty hunters, you have my condolences over not being able to even compete for the title for a long while...who knows, maybe this will finally drive them to remove it from the meta achievement. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
The obvious fix, to my mind, would be to stop CRZing servers with other servers not in the same time zone...

(Oh, and also to flag the catches with the time zone they were caught on, and only allow them to be handed in on the same time zone)
Edited by Alelsa on 9/19/2012 11:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]