Cross Realm Fishing Derby?

100 Blood Elf Hunter
09/19/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Savario
so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

Woooow. Just wow.

That is the absolute worst solution you could come up with. I really expect more out of you guys than a "we caused some problems, so the player will be punished" solution.
Also, how did somebody not notice, or realize, that this would happen with time sensitive events, when the world clock is flipping all over the place due to this new tech?

All I can say is that fellow Salty hunters, you have my condolences over not being able to even compete for the title for a long while...who knows, maybe this will finally drive them to remove it from the meta achievement. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys.

They had to disable it because right now practically the only way to get the achievement is to exploit and server hop with realid friends helping you. Winning it legit is nearly impossible.

I agree that disabling CRZ would have been much better as well as better received by the player base but that would mean a huge admission of fault on Blizz's end. I don't quite think they're hungry enough to eat that crow yet.

Disabling the tournaments, while no where near ideal, at least stops exploiters from earning their title while those of us who should have won legitimately get screwed. In the meantime they need to look into the claims made by myself and I'm sure many others, verify what we claim through their records, and award us our achievement. Cause I damn sure know they won't be taking it away from everyone who exploited to get it the past several weekends.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

As a side-note: we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future, so hang in there. We’re listening, and we’re working to address those concerns just as quickly as we can.

WTF why disable the fishing tournament how about turn that CR*P CRZ $*() off instead as most people don't want anything to do with it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

As a side-note: we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future, so hang in there. We’re listening, and we’re working to address those concerns just as quickly as we can.

Why not just flag Northrend and Stranglethorn Vale as non-CRZ zones until this is fixed, instead of disabling the weekly fishing derbies?

This is a very good question. There is little need for northrend to be CRZ period. If you get that high you really don't need your hand held anymore to go out in the big scary world and I doubt people would die if Stranglethorn was a little empty.
Reply Quote
Someone won the fishing derby 2 hours before the 2:00pm server time when the quest turn in spawned.

Instead of trying to fix the things that broke because of CRZ, rethink CRZ. If you want to have people play with more people, transfer low pop servers in their entirety to more medium pop servers. That way you do not mess with the economies of several realms, you don't have time zone issues, you don't have any of the numerous issues that you are now scrambling to fix before launch.
Reply Quote
2 Troll Warrior
09/19/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Irocain

This. But of course, turning off CRZ would be like admitting that they're broken, or worse, a terrible idea to begin with. We can't have that.

Where has Blizzard ever said there aren't existing issues with cross realm zones?

Holy crap. Stop spamming with the multiple posts and trolling every CRZ thread with blind faith in a pathetic alternative to merging realms.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Is no one concerned about other servers being able to completly trash other servers abilities to farm or do any mop world content

the blue post said that crz would not be implemented in mop zones but you can still invite people into mop zones which is means other guilds and people from other servers can easily interefere with world bosses questing gathering all that crap unless you cant invite people from other servers into mop zones AT ALL

i dont see how this wont be exploited to slow down other servers progression for general trolling and griefing and camping other servers for crap

The exploits are massive in number for CRZ

here is a simple reasonable fix to CRZ

make it only work for cata zones and below the zones only..make crz zones seperate from any server zone make it so that max level players cannot whatsoever participate in anything related to crz except for cross realm bgs instances senarios whatever and possibly some areas that are neutral and natural gathering places but vacant of important resources such as mulgore for horde players and elwyn forest for alliance players a place to gather but isnt a city and a place to duel have friendly chitchat etc

Being able to invite other max level players from other servers onto your server opens up so much griefing trolling and exploiting possibilties i dont see why max level players or any mists of pandaria zone should allow any..ANY kind of cross realm shenanigans period
Edited by Zalmatra on 9/20/2012 1:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

why don't u shut off cross realm are u srs? fix cross realm and u'll fix everything else. don't force an unfinished product on live. and take a finished needed product off the line....
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
09/19/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Vaeflare
we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch

This is quite disturbing news for me. I've just started working on my <Salty> title/achievement. But i agree that something needs done. Hopefully this will address the issues with the stranglethorn fishing extravaganza as well.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
If the tournament is being disabled then winning it should be removed from the meta achievement. It was almost impossible to win currently as well since most zones where 3-4 hours behind Dalaran by the time you were able to catch a shark the NPC to turn it into was no longer available. The only zone you could fish for him was Crystalsong Forest and with seven or so zones all fishing 6 or so pools...
Edited by Epison on 9/20/2012 3:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If nothing else, disable CRZ for the needed zone temporarily.

Obviously there is some control function for deciding whether to share a zone or not, and whether to share yours or request a share from somewhere. This would be something like load balancing code - simply disable the part of the code that does this: stub it out so the the "balancing" calculation always returns a "dont share this" or "dont need a share" result. Or else stub out the code that does a "request share" for a zone, so there isnt a request for a shared zone from anything to the balancing engine.

Its not that hard of a temporary fix, conceptually. Blizz, you can reverse this temporarily with a minimal amount of effort from a competent software engineer and a few professional testers to regression test the code.

Just do it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Best way to fix it is to GET RID OF IT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
CRZ breaking a feature, disable the feature instead of CRZ. You can't explain that!

I feel bad for you aspiring Salty holders, especially if you're on a server that actually has people(prior to CRZ I mean). I have all the pre-MoP fishing achievements thankfully so I didn't have to put up with this nonsense, but I still wanted to win the Kalu'ak derby for the boots for my fishing bonuses as I have yet to win it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Just when i thought to try and win one on my toon this happens. CRZ is neat but rushed imo.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
09/19/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Andiran

This horse is going to get its head bashed in plenty more once people are trying to go around the world catching things for their pet battle teams and CRZ renders that infinitely more difficult than it needs to be.

The CRZ -is- the root of this problem. It's a shame that the fishing content has to suffer for it. Folks have every right to call Blizzard out on their terrible implementation of a terrible idea.

I have yet to see what the problem is with CRZ. Yes, there are issues that need tweaking, and yes, it stinks that they couldn't have been figured out beforehand.

I started playing in May of this year. (And oh my gosh, if I hear one more of you complain about how things were so much better back in the "glory days" of Vanilla/BC, I swear I'll... I don't know what.) Yes, I'm a newbie to WoW. But I'm excited for CRZ. WoW is an MMO - massively multiplayer online (roleplaying game). You ALL seem to be forgetting the "massively multiplayer" part of that. Blizzard is trying to help dead servers to a certain extent and not give certain players an advantage that they would not have had they chosen a realm that had a higher population. I understand there is a difference in play style -- I like my medium pop. server, because it's not too big, but I still see people pretty much everywhere. All of you who are QQing because you "actually have to compete now!" need to get over yourselves and realize that this is how Blizzard intended for the game to be played.

If Blizzard wanted each person to be able to have as much as he wanted, they would've come up with something like having each person instanced by himself and only coming together via queues for dungeons/LFR/what have you. Have they done this? NO! Because it's a stupid idea! With CRZ, everyone can experience Azeroth with other people around, like the game was intended to be experienced.

So yes, I recognize that there are still bugs (some large ones) to be worked out, but I like this change -- I LIKE seeing people everywhere I go in Azeroth, instead of having some zones completely empty and some zones (capital cities) teeming with life. This is a GOOD change, so get off of your high horses and realize that Blizz didn't intend for you to play the game by yourself.

/rant

This is my feeling as well. I acknowledge the issues about CRZ and have run into some of them myself, including the unnecessary griefing and player hostility to 'interlopers' (who have no choice in the matter, so do not deserve to be treated like garbage by the QQ'ers).

To those whose condemnation of CRZ involves actual competition for mats... wow, is all I can manage. Acting like all the herbs and ore on the server are your domain and no other's is rather immature and selfish, not to mention, entitled. I saw some of this behavior myself when in Storm Peaks last night doing the Jewelcrafting daily on an alt. The amount of crying over herb nodes in General Chat was laughable. People were yelling and crying for others to stop harvesting 'their' Icethorn.

It's like players have forgotten what it's like to even play with other humans in the game unless the RDF and Raid Finder are involved.

People have gotten lazy and complacent in this game and it shows.

I've been doing a lot of farming since the CRZ went into effect and at no time has the CRZ ever stopped me from getting the amounts I needed to craft, or make gold.

There are far too many unrealistic expectations about things. The other solution to fix the server population issues is server shut downs and mergers. Which is the worse of two evils? CRZ, or permanently being merged into other servers to make a larger population? Are any of you ready to lose your beloved character names/guild names because of a merge? That would likely happen. I saw it happen in another MMO and it wasn't fun.

Be thankful Blizzard is trying to come up with a solution that doesn't involve dislodging people from the servers they love. Give it time. It hasn't even been live that long and people are acting like the world has ended.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
09/19/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Cloudbomb
CRZ isn't the argument here though, and I don't think that dead-horse should be assaulted anymore.

We should beat the dead-horse till they disable CRZ.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
It's still a very alive horse since it's still a broken feature.

I hope CRZ is never implemented to current content until the next expansion, even on low pop there's always someone else in the zone, always. The competition for mineral veins and herbs should ONLY be from your server so it goes back into the economy regardless of who put it there, even from the opposite faction.

Thankfully Pandaria won't be implemented off the hop for cross-realm and I hope it stays that way until the 6.0.0 pre-patch for Revenge of Gamon.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I started playing in May of this year. (And oh my gosh, if I hear one more of you complain about how things were so much better back in the "glory days" of Vanilla/BC, I swear I'll... I don't know what.) Yes, I'm a newbie to WoW. But I'm excited for CRZ. WoW is an MMO - massively multiplayer online (roleplaying game). You ALL seem to be forgetting the "massively multiplayer" part of that. Blizzard is trying to help dead servers to a certain extent and not give certain players an advantage that they would not have had they chosen a realm that had a higher population. I understand there is a difference in play style -- I like my medium pop. server, because it's not too big, but I still see people pretty much everywhere. All of you who are QQing because you "actually have to compete now!" need to get over yourselves and realize that this is how Blizzard intended for the game to be played.

Excuse me, Andiran, but i spent a good sum of money to move my FIVE characters to a Low/ Med pop server for a reason! I DONT WANT TO PVP which is why i chose a RP server.. I LIKE that my server is small enough that i actually get to know the ppl that are on my server even if they arent in my guild.. I LIKE that we treat each other with respect and don't troll our chat/general channels. When you ask a question, people actually try to help.

I feel like i wasted my money now, i mean what was the point of allowing me to chose the server for the type of play i enjoy if they were going to randomly merge it with other game play styles??
I chose a Low/Med pop server after experiencing the game play on a High/Full server. Where every other Trade message was anal this or that. If i wanted to play on a server like that i would have stayed where i was.
Not to mention, I dont think its fair for someone on an RP server to be grief'd for RPing!!

Oh, FYI, its not a competition when the other person is exploiting the system and cheating!

Bottom line, CRZ is a JOKE needs to be scraped!
Edited by Isillda on 9/20/2012 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch..

Have you thought about removing the fishing derby achievement from the fishing meta-achievement, perhaps making it a feat of strength due to the vast amount of RNG involved?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]