Cross Realm Fishing Derby?

90 Undead Warlock
I realize there are those who have earned <Salty> with winning a fishing contest but, times have changed and those conditions under which you have won the contest will never be the same as long as crz's exist.

I think this would be a good time to amend the <Salty> achievment. The win for either contest is a feat in itself and especially with cross realm zones, perhaps a new title could be awarded simply for winning a contest, <Master Angler>, and the Salty's could have their title without it.

Just my $.02
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It will be enabled in the same patch that they give us the Dance Studio.

Taking bets now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
get rid of this cross realm BS... it's bad enough competing with our own high pop server for stuff, but now i can't get my meta because of this nonsense.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
This topic is about the fishing tournament however....

...I think some of you may be making the mistake of saying CRZ is something "everyone" wants to get rid of. This forum does have a voice but it is not the epicenter or the pulse of the community as a whole.

In regards to fishing - I would rather have the system turned off so people can not abuse it and have an advantage over everyone else while they are working it out. That is a much more simple and safer action to take than some of the alternatives some of you are offering.

And once it is fixed, we can all go back to losing the fishing tournament for our title the old fashioned way.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
[quote]
I have an idea... instead of shoving CRZ down the throat of live servers how about turn ALL CRZ OFF until you can get around to fixing it, 'in a future patch'

This. Nuff said.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
It will be ok guys. It's just a game.
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Cloudbomb
It will be ok guys. It's just a game.

Shame on them for voicing their opinions.

-_-
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It will be enabled in the same patch that they give us the Dance Studio.

Taking bets now.

Dance studio and player housing, two of the worst concepts ever for an MMO.

With the slow deterioration in quality of content, people still want them to divert resources to creating this garbage?

I for one welcome the CRZ idea (i welcome the additional PVP, although it has become 100 fold harder to do anything, but that's part of a PVP server). There are a lot of problems with it currently, sure, but they will all be ironed out eventually. You all should have learned by now that new content is always buggy and sometimes takes time to get everything working correctly, yet you all still complain.

No matter what they do, however, people are still going to complain. What ever happened to just enjoying a game for what it is and playing it for that reason? Why does EVERYTHING they try to do have to result in constant ridiculous complaining? Let them do their thing, when they know what they are going to do they will let us know....but even then I am sure half of you aren't going to be satisfied. /shrug
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
RP and PVP don't mix

I love the cross-realm idea, but I would think they would make it so server rule sets would at least be intact.

For example, RP servers with RP.

RP-PvP servers with RP-PvP.

PvP with PvP.

PvE with PvE.

Absolutely no reason why an RP server and a PvE server should ever 'seamlessly' cross over. That just breaks immersion. Why have a naming policy on RP servers at all if you're going to run into 'PwnnoobsNBAbatman' ?
Edited by Khelas on 9/20/2012 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I loathe CRZ because of the problems it has caused, but I loathe losing the fishing tournament even more. I've been at it for years - literally! When I saw people were winning the tourny because of a CRZ loophole (read: exploit), I was pissed.

The quest, "Walk A Mile In Their Shoes" was removed from the game because it was buggy. People no longer need it for the "Just Another Day in Tol Barad" achievement. Same thing with the Chef's hat and Chef's title, though I don't understand the reasoning behind that change since they actually made the Chef's Hat *easier* to obtain, but I digress...

Can we just make the fishing tourny a Feat of Strength and remove it from the requirements for "Salty" title? Please? Albeit temporary, Blizzard has now made two achievements impossible to obtain. That in itself qualifies as a Feat of Strength.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
geee if I wanted to play on a high pop server I would have joined one, if I wanted to play on a server 16 hours ahead of my time zone I would have joined one.

one of the reasons for playing a "massively multiplayer online (roleplaying game). " is that you have a chance to pick a server that meets your playing times and other needs be it large or small pop server...ect.

so being zoned to an area 14 hours ahead of you is not a plus in my book and considering I've been zoned anywhere from 14 ahead to 2 hours behind in one zone making plans just doesn't work

CRZ maybe great for dungons, raids, battlegrounds where battllegroups are small, but for zones, dailies and world events it just plan sucks and I have no plans to purchase MOP till it gets fixed or my yearly comes due

combine servers if you have to, to get the pop lvls you want blizzard but get rid of the CRZ, I'd rather be on a larger server than having to guess what time it's going to be every time I zone.

If I wanted to play a time travel game I'd go play DR. WHO
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
09/20/2012 04:37 AMPosted by Tindomerel
To those whose condemnation of CRZ involves actual competition for mats... wow, is all I can manage. Acting like all the herbs and ore on the server are your domain and no other's is rather immature and selfish, not to mention, entitled.

There is a very real economic shift that happens to a low population server when a zone is shared via CRZ with a high population server. Citizens of the the low pop realm are subjected to additional competition for resources without those resources ending up in the low population auction house.

This is effectively moving money from the low pop server to the high pop server, and it sucks.
Reply Quote
78 Human Paladin
09/19/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

I think a lot of people have missed something more subtle here: "behave in a more predictable manner." Not "behave the way they are supposed to" or "behave the way they did before CRZ." To me, this says that they might fix some of the exploits but there is no guarantee that the tournaments are going to be the way we are all used to.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
People aren't complaining because they actually have to compete now, there has always been competition in the fishing tournament, for mining/herbalism/etc nodes, and for rare elites, especially of the TLPD/Aeonaxx variety... The real issue here is that Blizz has screwed up royally (and I am usually very supportive of Blizz, but CRZ is so half-baked and half-assed that I just can't justify backing them on this. So many bugs... whether you're on an air taxi and your NPCScan goes off, and you fly back to find the spawn GONE (not dead, but gone, has happened to me over a dozen times at least) NPCScan tripped by dead spawns (apparently rare spawns DO only show up on a particular realm, but their corpses show up on every realm, so there is no way to gauge when a spawn like the TLPD might show up again whatsoever), ridiculously high frame rates, changing zones and getting dismounted in midair... Those are just a sampling of the problems. And the worst of it is that Blizzard would rather do something like disable the fishing tournament instead of disabling CRZ... I agree wholeheartedly with what somebody else said regarding this: If you can disable the fishing tournament til it's fixed "in a later patch" you sure as hell can do the same thing to CRZ... which needs a sh*tload of patches, from the looks of things. CRZ is a mess and a nightmare and the majority of people don't want it, it seems...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

Okay... so... instead of disabling the feature that's causing the actual problem - CRZ - you disable the fishing tournaments until you can fix the problem that CRZ is causing.

And what makes you think this won't be resolved soon? All Blizzard said is it required a patch and in no way implied to be some far off event. Mop comes out next week. You do realize this right? There almost always is some sort of patch either right before or right after the release of an expansion. Stop blowing this issue out of proportion. It is getting incredibly tiresome.

You're getting incredibly tiresome, Irocain. People here have genuine issues with a game that they pay good money to play, very real, very frustrating issues, and the forums are the appropriate place to vent and give Blizzard some constructive criticism. Like it or not, the fact of the matter is that several of these issues WERE brought to Blizzard's attention at the PTR/Beta stage, and they still were not addressed before CRZ was released. So stop being an !@#. If you find people's venting "tiresome" then don't read the f'ing forums.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Okay... so... instead of disabling the feature that's causing the actual problem - CRZ - you disable the fishing tournaments until you can fix the problem that CRZ is causing.

And what makes you think this won't be resolved soon? All Blizzard said is it required a patch and in no way implied to be some far off event. Mop comes out next week. You do realize this right? There almost always is some sort of patch either right before or right after the release of an expansion. Stop blowing this issue out of proportion. It is getting incredibly tiresome.

They also said this particular problem was fixed A WEEK AGO with a hotfix. Greg Street himself tweeted that, I believe.

So NO. I don't think this will be resolved soon. And that's just ONE issue with CFZ.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]