Been gone a year and pvp is still bad

80 Human Priest
After quitting a year ago, I figured I would take advantage of the free played time offered by Blizzard to see if things have changed at all.

I did two BGs and logged off. Two fire mages took out a room full of people guarding the flag in Warsong.

I was on my paladin doing some healing, and a BM hunter killed the Warlock standing next to me while I was mid cast getting the second heal off with his pet on roids destroying the lock.

In the second game a warrior kept me stun/silence locked up better then a rogue could do a year ago, and I quit because of how OP rogues were at the time.

I was seriously considering MoP but I think I will stick with GW2. There have been some overall nice improvements to the game, especially if you like to level alts. I think the leveling experience in WoW as it stands is the best that any MMO has ever had to offer. I really enjoyed playing around leveling a few different toons.

The PvP is just so bad and imbalanced, which is the only reason I would consider playing again. I can't imagine going through the frustration of more imbalanced gameplay.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
It's pretty clear that pvp balance was not a priority for blizzard this expansion. It feels like they tried to sell the whole Rated BGs as the pvp focus this xpac but the majority of competitive pvp'ers didn't seem as interested in RBGs as blizzard would have liked (at least that's the impression I've gotten).

With the new talent system it's hard to tell how things will pan out in Mists but I have a feeling they're going to need to do A LOT of tweaking for pvp balance with these new trees.

I picked up GW2 last night myself. ATM I'm just making low levels to see what class I like but overall I'm having fun. It's not a wow clone (which is good) and the wvwvw pvp sounds amazing. I've also been playing a lot of League of Legends lately and if you can get past the horrible community there the game itself is actually a ton of fun and very competitive.
Edited by Glítch on 9/10/2012 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
09/10/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Glítch
I've also been playing a lot of League of Legends lately and if you can get past the horrible community there the game itself is actually a ton of fun and very competitive.

That horrible community is a major reason as to why I don't play league anymore. The other reason is that it's generally not fun unless you're winning to me at least anyway, majorly because of the snowball effect in moba's, more often than not you either steamroll, or get steamrolled with very few exceptions. :/
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
09/10/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Shiraha
I've also been playing a lot of League of Legends lately and if you can get past the horrible community there the game itself is actually a ton of fun and very competitive.

That horrible community is a major reason as to why I don't play league anymore. The other reason is that it's generally not fun unless you're winning to me at least anyway, majorly because of the snowball effect in moba's, more often than not you either steamroll, or get steamrolled with very few exceptions. :/

I can't even sugar coat it, the community in LoL is horrific. I can say what's made it at least tolerable for me is the fact that I play it with 4 or 5 WoW friends who have all decided to take a break from WoW recently. For the most part we queue as a full group and play against other pre-mades. I've had some amazing matches where it felt like we were perfectly matched with the other team and some where we experience the "snowball" effect. From what I've been told (and seen lately) the more you play League the better their system gets at matching you with opponents that are on the same skill level so you don't wind up with really lopsided matches.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]