Just Experienced The Slowest Flight Path Ever

26 Draenei Paladin
A normally less than 1 minute flight took just over 11 minutes. I went AFK as soon as I took off, came back and saw it. Quickly re-installed the free version of Fraps so I didn't miss anything... It was frustrating as I could have walked it in about 5 minutes, but also a fun glitch to see first hand.

Been playing since 2007, never heard of this happening to anyone before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0v1LJQKtUk&feature=plcp

To add: This never happened again, was a 1 time thing so I feel no need to report it.
Edited by Paeul on 9/10/2012 9:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Paladin
Gotta go slow
Sub-sonic boom, sub-sonic boom

Especially now with the faster flight path guild perk... Could get deadly up there.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I had to log in just to comment...but that is absolutely hilarious!!! I especially love it when the person on foot goes zooming by on the ground below. That's better than the time I had a glitched flight path from Sons of Hodir area in Storm Peaks to Amberpine Lodge in Grizzly Hills. In my glitch we were in the air, but instead of flying the drake was running as if it was on the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
That gryphon has cancer. And a typhoid problems. You shouldn't make fun of it.

On a side note, I thought you meant longest, but not literally the slowest.

I still remember the flight path from Moonglade to Thunderbluff, that was a long-!@# flight path and that was only half the continent. The woes of any low level druid going there for their quests, only to be greeted with the fact that if your hearthstone was on CD, it was a looooooooooooooooong ride home.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
That is why I don't use FP anymore.
Reply Quote
Oh, that's Snailbeak - he's one of the guys you see coasting above the Hinterlands. He was part of a project to try to get those unemployed slacker gryphs jobs - didn't work out so well, as you discovered.

Sometimes - it's just better to pay adventurers to go throw meat to the welfare gryphons, not everybody is actually able to hold down a job...
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Paladin
09/10/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Sheetahn
I especially love it when the person on foot goes zooming by on the ground below.

I know, I'm glad I got that part recorded, lol. If you look at the little grey box with 45% in it on the lower right near my bag bar, that's my movement speed, running being 100% speed, lol.

09/10/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Maleficious
I still remember the flight path from Moonglade to Thunderbluff, that was a long-!@# flight path and that was only half the continent.

I remember during the Holiday that takes place in Moonglade (Drawing a blank) and I used my Druid port there, realized I'd rather continue questing in Ashenvale but my Hearth was on an hour CD at the time. I think it was something like 16 or 17 minutes from Moonglade to Ashenvale if I remember correctly.

Oh, that's Snailbeak - he's one of the guys you see coasting above the Hinterlands. He was part of a project to try to get those unemployed slacker gryphs jobs - didn't work out so well, as you discovered.

Sometimes - it's just better to pay adventurers to go throw meat to the welfare gryphons, not everybody is actually able to hold down a job...

Just my luck, I get the lazy Gryphon. I'm gonna talk to his handler when I get back to the Quarry.
Edited by Paeul on 9/10/2012 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Big laughs every time the regular one flew past you
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Well that's unique. Glad you (eventually) made it to your destination. Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Thanks man. I needed a good laugh. Just... bahahaha!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I used to get stuck on the helicopter from Dalaran to the Icecrown gunship trip. It would never land, just angle through the drop-off spot on the ship and then start circling around looking for it again. Logged and splat. :)
Reply Quote
61 Night Elf Priest
that bird was STONED
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
That is just priceless, thanks for sharing that laugh! =)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Maybe it's a sign that you should go on a diet?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That's pretty funny LOL
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
That is pretty funny.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/10/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Paeul
To add: This never happened again, was a 1 time thing so I feel no need to report it.

You should report it anyway, just to give QA a bug to laugh at for a change.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Looks like a bug with the new Time Warp spell that mages get. Or perhaps working as intended? =P

edit: on a serious note, is it possible you had a debuff on you of some sort when you grabbed the flight?
Edited by Wyler on 9/10/2012 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Warrior
I needed that laugh, and sorry it took so long to get to your destination.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]