Friendship is Magic General Thread #4

90 Human Warlock
09/13/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Bezlok
It's a show for little girls. Why would he want to watch it?

This is a video game for teenagers, why would you want to play it?
100 Orc Death Knight

My boyfriend wont even sit to watch it with me. When I try he gets super pissy about it. I feel like he wont even give the show a chance, even though he claims he has. Totally hasn't watched it with an open "i might like this" mind, instead he has a closed "I wont like this" mind.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PeripheryDemographic
90 Human Death Knight
So, has anypony heard of the total fanmade episode that's supposed to be coming out this fall?

Here's a link for those that haven't:

http://www.doublerainboom.com/index.html
85 Orc Warlock

My boyfriend wont even sit to watch it with me. When I try he gets super pissy about it. I feel like he wont even give the show a chance, even though he claims he has. Totally hasn't watched it with an open "i might like this" mind, instead he has a closed "I wont like this" mind.

The same reason a girl would want to watch Transformers.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/14/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Lavashade
The same reason a girl would want to watch Transformers.

Grew up with Batman and Gargoyles

Represent *tries and fails at a gangster sign* ..........Hey I tried.
100 Draenei Paladin
Greetings fellow Bronies, I figured I would finally make a post here.

I was one of those who did not expect to like the show at all, and was then quickly converted. Still not sure which Pony is best Pony though.
100 Orc Death Knight
The correct answer is 'none of them' or 'Pinkie Pie', depending on if you want to be polite or PARTY!
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/15/2012 01:41 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
I was one of those who did not expect to like the show at all, and was then quickly converted. Still not sure which Pony is best Pony though.

Nice to meet you. I was in the same boat. If I didn't get super upset over Mass Effect 3 I never would've gave in and watched the show. I needed something cute.

Fluttershy makes the EA/Bioware pains go away
100 Draenei Paladin
I kept hearing how it was an amazing show from a few people but I blew it off, then one night I was stressed out from work and decided I needed something adorable and carefree to take my mind off things.

MLP worked wonders in that department.
90 Human Warlock

Yup that's how I was.

Thought I wouldn't like it, then I noticed Pinkie Pie is every bit my personality.

I am Caitie Pie!
85 Orc Warlock

Yup that's how I was.

Thought I wouldn't like it, then I noticed Pinkie Pie is every bit my personality.

I am Caitie Pie!

I... I don't think I take on the personality of a single pony. It'd have to be Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy, with a pinch of Rarity.
Ya i am a combination of Twilight and Fluttershy I really like to read and im pretty darn quiet and shy around new people.
86 Draenei Mage
Really, I think my personality matches most of them. I have a dash of every pony in me.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/15/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Lavashade
I... I don't think I take on the personality of a single pony. It'd have to be Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy, with a pinch of Rarity.

I actually said out loud "Dammit that's me" when I saw Fluttershy.

I act silly on the forums but in real life I'm horribly shy. Dealt with too much peer pressure as a kid ( "Fluttershy can hardly fly" ) but once I actually got angry it was pretty bad.

I guess I'm a mix of Twilight. For the geekiness. Fluttershy mostly. With a tiny bit of Pinkie Pie since even in real life I try to make my friends laugh. That's the fun part of the show. You can relate to almost if not all the ponies.

Wish I was a Rarity in real life. Nope. Only when it comes to transmogging. I enjoy clutter. Anytime I clean I end up forgetting where I put stuff. So maybe I have Organized Chaos. That's about it. My real life fashion isn't that great lol. Bugs my mom when I don't match my clothes on purpose.
90 Worgen Hunter
i......am not sure which pony i'm like.
i think the people i know see me as some sort of twilight pre-episode-one (if they watch the show at all and would try to make a connection), but i believe i have some applejack and pinkie pie in there.
again, i'm not entirely sure.
90 Human Warlock
09/15/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Lavashade

Everyone has some of each pony's personality in them.

I just see Pinkie Pie as the most like me.

I do love all of the ponies, Pinkie Pie is just my favorite of them all.

I hate none of them.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
but i believe i have some applejack and pinkie pie in there.
again, i'm not entirely sure.

/snickers

You're Apple Pie

*dodges brick from bad joke*

09/16/2012 12:31 AMPosted by Killercaitie
I do love all of the ponies, Pinkie Pie is just my favorite of them all.

I'll be honest. Pinkie Pie annoyed me until the episode where she baby sat the kids. I mean I enjoyed her singing the smile song. But ehh I guess I'm too cynic sometimes for that amount of energy. I had Twilights "She's not gonna.." reaction to her singing at first.

But I may have already talked about it on the last forum lol. The only one I don't really enjoy super much is Rainbow Dash. Yeah she's a cool character like all the ponies in the show.....just.....eh. I only related to her during her Sonic Rainboom episode. We just don't see too much of her like that anymore. Developments done and all on her it seems. At least until season 3. I'm sure we'll see new stuff. Just saying. I enjoyed how she tried to cheer Fluttershy up though in the Hurricane episode. Since she still seems to understand stage fright. She's just not Fluttershy though ^^; in terms of "omg panic! everybody panic!" like her.
90 Human Warlock
09/16/2012 01:51 AMPosted by Rosenivy
*dodges brick from bad joke*

/tosses 6 more ¬_¬
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/16/2012 02:40 AMPosted by Killercaitie
/tosses 6 more ¬_¬

Jeez at least I wasn't referring to all the slash art of those two XD

I'm not that evil
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]