Word of Glory - Out of Range

90 Human Paladin
Posted this over in the Bug Report Forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489880255

If you have a hostile player or npc as your current target, and you attempt to cast a Word of Glory using the game's auto self-cast feature (available in your interface options), you will receive a "target is out of range" error if the hostile target is over 40 yards away. This occurs even if you are NOT using the Glyph of Harsh Words. To get the heal to cast, you have to deselect the hostile target before attempting to use Word of Glory, or move within 40 yards of the target.

There is a thorough video recreation and explanation of the bug included along with the post on the Bug Report Forum. To date, this has not been acknowledged as a legitimate bug by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah happens a lot, I've constantly had to drop target to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
/cast [@player] Word of Glory.

Never fails.

While I appreciate the reply, as a class we shouldn't have to rely on using macros to get around a baseline problem with the way an ability behaves, especially when it was not a problem before patch 5.0.4, when the Glyph of Harsh Words did not exist. Using the macro you posted presents its own problems when I'd like to use Word of Glory on an ally.

I would find it hard to believe Blizzard is not aware of this problem at this point, however they have said nothing to confirm that they are aware, so I encourage the Paladin community to continue to be vigilant.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I've also been having the related issue where if i have a hostile target selected WoG will automatically self cast even with auto self cast turned off and the self cast key not pressed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I really need this to be fixed. Pleaseeee.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
/cast [@player] Word of Glory.

Never fails.

While I appreciate the reply, as a class we shouldn't have to rely on using macros to get around a baseline problem with the way an ability behaves, especially when it was not a problem before patch 5.0.4, when the Glyph of Harsh Words did not exist. Using the macro you posted presents its own problems when I'd like to use Word of Glory on an ally.

I would find it hard to believe Blizzard is not aware of this problem at this point, however they have said nothing to confirm that they are aware, so I encourage the Paladin community to continue to be vigilant.

I totally agree that this needs to be fixed; don't get me wrong on that. But for the meantime, as long as we're stuck with macro workarounds, you can actually make a macro that fully replicates what a non-macro WoG should do if it weren't bugged.

#showtooltip
/cast [help][@player]Word of Glory

Since it has the two conditionals, it checks them in order. If you target an ally, it will heal them. If you're not targeting an ally, it will heal you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah I have noticed this. Actually I can't remember if I've reported it or not. I'll do it next time I log in. Really is damn annoying.

EDIT: Thank you to the people suggesting the macros to work around it. I'm clueless about macros so it is much appreciated.
Edited by Stendarr on 1/19/2013 9:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"Target is not in the line of sight"

The last words every paladin sees before they die.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Finally someone points this out! I never saw anyone talk about it so I assumed it was just me. It is so annoying!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
This thread is 3 and a halfish months old >_>
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/19/2013 11:31 PMPosted by Barfus
This thread is 3 and a halfish months old >_>

Yep, and the problem still exists. Pretty sucky.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes, but it's still relevant, because the bug is still around.

(Also, it's a bit past 4 months old now.)
Edited by Ravicana on 1/19/2013 11:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Until the problem is fixed I see no problem in bringing it back up.
Reply Quote
Blizzard won't do anything about it. We're paladins.

Sucks though, sometimes it costs some fights.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yes, but it's easy to fix, you just choose not to use it. Should you have to fix it? no.. CAN you fix it. yes..
Reply Quote
Blizzard says they don't know how to fix the issue, since its due to the glyph. I doubt they even bother with fixing it, since we are pally after all.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
yeah not only are ret pretty bad right now, they also have bugs
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]