Lag/Latency problems in World and BG's

(Locked)

90 Undead Priest
Ummm no... that's not going to fix a problem that is clearly on blizzards end according to tracert and ping plotter.

And All you've done is force it from auto... to 100mb full duplex... which in auto, the system would have selected anyway...

And the power option has nothing to do with how the traffic is handled. Changing this will have absolutely zero effect on your gaming experience. If you're not having an issue with the network suddenly powering down and TX/RX no data you'll never notice a change.

All disabling this will do is cause laptop users to burn through their batteries faster while not using their device.
Edited by Gallowz on 9/7/2012 6:59 PM PDT
90 Goblin Rogue
Same problem. trying to grind Defilers rep in Arathi Basin and everytime I enter the instance I just stuck in perma lag. SoCal TimeWarner as well and on Zul'jin (EST server)
Bump. Half the time during BG's in the afternoon/evening hours I get dc'd intermittently due to world latency. Home latency remains fine. This started happening just this week. I confirmed it happens with all addons disabled.
90 Undead Warlock
Tried to get on a play for a bit tonight, but got frustrated stuck casting instant cast spells at targets doing the running man in Battle for Gilneas. On the bright side, AMC has been showing Rambo movies tonight.
90 Undead Warlock
Still having this issue this morning. I see a few new threads popping up with same problems. If this was the EU forums we would have at least had somone pop in here saying they are aware. As it stands now, I have no idea if anyone has even laid eyes on this and is aware of the problem.
100 Tauren Paladin
Can a blue at least acknowledge that at least this thread exists and it is possibly being looked into? So Cal Time Warner here as well. Home latency stays between 10-15ms and world jumps to 3k+ ms. Just started within the last few days for me as well.
85 Human Mage
Austin Texas Time Warner having the exact same issues connecting to Mal'Ganis, what is it going to take to get a Blue Response?
90 Undead Warlock
Just tried to leave Dalaran to Org through the portal. Couldn't go. Dismounted and discovered I could fly without a mount. Did a few laps around Dal, flew to ICC and back. Took a SS of me floating with no mount. Latency was normal, and I was chatting in guild and also in trade chat. after 10 minutes of pleasure flying like Superman I was whisked away toa loading screen and snapped out of my dream in Org.. I also had tried to log off during my floating pleasure romp and was unsuccessful. I submitted an in game ticket on the problem, so in about a week I hope to have an answer (actually says 6 days, 14 hours on the wait time) I threw some keyword like "hacked" into my message, so maybe the filters will skim it out and look at it sooner.. Getting a bit ridiculous. If I at least had an acknowledgement I wouldn't feel like I'm being trolled "lolz...they paid already for the month..no need to hurry. /lolsnort"
96 Undead Warlock
09/08/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Wraughton
Just tried to leave Dalaran to Org through the portal. Couldn't go. Dismounted and discovered I could fly without a mount. Did a few laps around Dal, flew to ICC and back. Took a SS of me floating with no mount. Latency was normal, and I was chatting in guild and also in trade chat. after 10 minutes of pleasure flying like Superman I was whisked away toa loading screen and snapped out of my dream in Org.. I also had tried to log off during my floating pleasure romp and was unsuccessful. I submitted an in game ticket on the problem, so in about a week I hope to have an answer (actually says 6 days, 14 hours on the wait time) I threw some keyword like "hacked" into my message, so maybe the filters will skim it out and look at it sooner.. Getting a bit ridiculous. If I at least had an acknowledgement I wouldn't feel like I'm being trolled "lolz...they paid already for the month..no need to hurry. /lolsnort"

What, like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxwgKyckoiM

:p

I believe they are aware of the issue, but I don't think there's a solution yet. Many of us are having the same problem. High incidence of people connecting to the NYC data center, but apparently other places are having problems too.

LOTS of people with socal TW though from what I've seen on various threads. Like myself.
90 Undead Warlock
Yes, kind like that, except this time I didn't get DC'd, it just eventually ported me to Org.
85 Undead Warlock
Have this same issue for two weeks. Low home latency high world latency. (3-10k) Re-logging fixes somewhat otherwise everyone around me just runs in place for a bit then dc's me. I was told this by blizz.

"Thank you for sending in your Pathping test! This test definately points out that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is having some issues on their end. If you look at this report between hop 8 and 9, there is extreme packet loss. This indicates that there is an issue on your ISP's end and that this is something that they will have to look into for you.

Please give your ISP a call and provide them with a copy of this Pathping report showing the packet loss and make sure to point out the loss between hop 8 and 9. You can also provide them with the address 192.205.37.165 and cr2.attga.ip.att.net [12.122.141.190]."

Isp says that its on an at&t server on the way to the wow server and it is out of there jurisdiction.
90 Undead Warlock
I'm running PingPlotter right now and having it update every 2.5 seconds and watching the traffic go.

The ping times go from 17 to 90 at the first ATT hop, and it stays at 90+ all the way to the server (199.107.24.244 is Area-52). Also, what is an acceptable packet loss rate? Every hop on ATT shows at least 10% sometimes as high as 60% per hop. I ahve been trough this before, and Time Warner has told me that anything with ATT on it is beyond their control. Anything with rr.com (roadrunner) they can handle, but beyond that they have no answer for me.
91 Tauren Warrior
Same issue from Austin TW\RR. Exclusively in BG's not home world (Maelstrom).
85 Orc Warrior
I'm running PingPlotter right now and having it update every 2.5 seconds and watching the traffic go.

The ping times go from 17 to 90 at the first ATT hop, and it stays at 90+ all the way to the server (199.107.24.244 is Area-52). Also, what is an acceptable packet loss rate? Every hop on ATT shows at least 10% sometimes as high as 60% per hop. I ahve been trough this before, and Time Warner has told me that anything with ATT on it is beyond their control. Anything with rr.com (roadrunner) they can handle, but beyond that they have no answer for me.

Yes Timer Warner Cable only maintains there equipment but, if Timer Warner pin points the issues with ATT they should contact them and escalate for a fix.

May take a bit though, cause basically they keep a log of how many people have called for the same issue, once they reach a high enough volume of calls on that issue they will take action.
90 Undead Priest

Thats not uncommon. It really doesn't mean much, especially if you're at acceptable packet loss percentages. 10-15 percent packet loss periodically is also common. Less than 10 percent is desirable.

The issue here IS NOT att hop... but blizzards new york data center.
Edited by Gallowz on 9/8/2012 11:54 AM PDT
96 Undead Warlock
What I want to know is what was changed within the WoW client to cause these problems. Something changed in the patch that's not compatible with the current setup out there somewhere in the intertubes.

It's not like AT&T just suddenly changed things at the same time that 5.0 came out.

I doubt a fix from AT&T (or TWC) would ever come out of contacting them if we can't offer evidence of a specific change to the way we talk with Blizzard's servers now as opposed to pre-patch.

Something is different and these problems are going to continue unless Blizzard tells us what they're doing different now.
Edited by Selenora on 9/8/2012 11:54 AM PDT
90 Undead Priest
09/08/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Selenora
What I want to know is what was changed within the WoW client to cause these problems.

Again... the issue IS NOT client side. The loss is occurring on the last hop after you get into the data center.
http://i.imgur.com/UlRpc.png

There is nothing you can do to fix this but wait for blizzard to figure out what is going on with their junk.

And don't believe them when they blame your ISP. Its not.... The data is irrefutable.
Edited by Gallowz on 9/8/2012 12:00 PM PDT
96 Undead Warlock
09/08/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Gallowz
What I want to know is what was changed within the WoW client to cause these problems.

Again... the issue IS NOT client side. The loss is occurring on the last hop after you get into the data center.
http://i.imgur.com/UlRpc.png

There is nothing you can do to fix this but wait for blizzard to figure out what is going on with their junk.

And don't believe them when they blame your ISP. Its not.... The data is irrefutable.

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

I've not had anyone suggest it's my ISP.

How do you know it's not a change to the programming of the client that sits on your computer right now?
90 Human Mage
11 88 ms 86 ms 87 ms cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.84.218]

Your problem, same as mine, is right there....TW/Roadrunner to AT&T NYC data center pipe is clogged.
86 Undead Warlock
Well at least I know it'ts not just me. This has been driving me crazy the past few days. I am also on SoCal roadrunner on Darkspear.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]