It came to me in a dream; the most simplisitc form; a tournament.
Shattered will be hosting this tournament for Thunderlord and our new server friend's Cho'gall. I hope this will bring both of our servers closer together.
Both Horde AND Alliance are welcome to this tournament!
This tournament will be completely Blizz-like; such as the traditional Blizz-con and MLG tournaments.
Before you ask any questions there WILL NOT be an entry fee, but there WILL be a reward for the team that wins.
See below for the Rules/Gameplay.
1. No leaving the normal boundaries of a Map.
2. No leaving the cage before the start of a Game on Ring of Valor.
3. No reentering the sewer pipe on Dalaran Sewers.
4. No wall jumping.
5. Breaking any of Rules #1-4 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
6. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection.
7. Players must have have a team name before the match starts (easier for the Spectator(s) to confirm wins/losses).
8. Teams must submit their Roster of Players/Characters to the Referee prior to the start of Games 1 and 3.
9. Before each Game Teams will be given 5-10 minutes to change Players, Characters, Settings, and redistribute Talent Points.
10. Arena 5v5 will be used for all Games, with the three extra people leaving on the team they joined so ONLY the Spectator/Referee may watch and judge the match.
11. If a disconnect occurs the match will be restarted, but ONLY if the disconnect was not intentional.
11. Each Game will have a 20 minute time limit.
12. If both Teams have 3 living Characters at the time limit, the Game will end in a tie OR victory may be awarded based on Damage and Gameplay (See Season 8 Blizzcon for reasoning)
13. If one Team has a 3-1 living Character advantage at the time limit, that Team will be awarded the Game victory.
14. If the time limit is reached, at least one Character has died, and neither Team has a living Character advantage greater than 1, the Game will continue in a 5 minute overtime period.
15. If, at the end of overtime, one Team has a 3-1 living Character advantage, that Team will be awarded the Game victory. All Games that reach the end of overtime without a 3-1 living Character advantage will end in a tie.
16. Games that end in a tie must be replayed with a 10 minute time limit and the same Map, Players, Characters, Settings, and Talent Points. Players will ONLY be able to change their Gear.
17. Maps will be randomly selected, for each Game by Blizzard’s Wargame All Arenas system.
I, along with a few others, will be spectators to the matches.
If we, the spectators, spot cheating of any kind, the match will be stopped and your team will be disqualified.
How it works:
1. NO double healer or triple dps setups.
2. Each team will play 3 matches.
3. To progress you must win 2 out of 3 of the matches.
3. See Rules #11-17.
4. All teams start out in the Championship bracket.
4a. Winners will advance to the next bracket.
4b. Losers will go to the losers bracket.
5. If you are in Loser bracket, do not give up hope as you may still win the tournament.
6. These games will take place over a period of week, but may take less time depending on how many people join/sign up.
What do I get out of this?
I get nothing out of this, this is purely non-profit for Shattered as all the gold goes from us (mostly Clockwerk) to you.
Why are we doing this?
We wish to spread the name of Shattered and Thunderlord/Cho'gall.
What are the prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd?
First place winner gets - 15,000 gold.
Second and third place gets an assortment of pets.
These prizes are subject to change, but 1st place will not. 15k will be the absolute.
If you have any questions pertaining to the tournament or what you need to do to join, feel free to contact me or anyone else in Shattered and they will relay your message to me.