Shattered's 1st 3v3 Server-wide Tournament

90 Tauren Druid
As many of you know Thunderlord isn't in it's prime state anymore, but I have a plan to change that!
It came to me in a dream; the most simplisitc form; a tournament.
Shattered will be hosting this tournament for Thunderlord and our new server friend's Cho'gall. I hope this will bring both of our servers closer together.
Both Horde AND Alliance are welcome to this tournament!

Information:
This tournament will be completely Blizz-like; such as the traditional Blizz-con and MLG tournaments.
Before you ask any questions there WILL NOT be an entry fee, but there WILL be a reward for the team that wins.
See below for the Rules/Gameplay.

Rules/Gameplay:
1. No leaving the normal boundaries of a Map.
2. No leaving the cage before the start of a Game on Ring of Valor.
3. No reentering the sewer pipe on Dalaran Sewers.
4. No wall jumping.
5. Breaking any of Rules #1-4 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
6. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection.
7. Players must have have a team name before the match starts (easier for the Spectator(s) to confirm wins/losses).
8. Teams must submit their Roster of Players/Characters to the Referee prior to the start of Games 1 and 3.
9. Before each Game Teams will be given 5-10 minutes to change Players, Characters, Settings, and redistribute Talent Points.
10. Arena 5v5 will be used for all Games, with the three extra people leaving on the team they joined so ONLY the Spectator/Referee may watch and judge the match.
11. If a disconnect occurs the match will be restarted, but ONLY if the disconnect was not intentional.
11. Each Game will have a 20 minute time limit.
12. If both Teams have 3 living Characters at the time limit, the Game will end in a tie OR victory may be awarded based on Damage and Gameplay (See Season 8 Blizzcon for reasoning)
13. If one Team has a 3-1 living Character advantage at the time limit, that Team will be awarded the Game victory.
14. If the time limit is reached, at least one Character has died, and neither Team has a living Character advantage greater than 1, the Game will continue in a 5 minute overtime period.
15. If, at the end of overtime, one Team has a 3-1 living Character advantage, that Team will be awarded the Game victory. All Games that reach the end of overtime without a 3-1 living Character advantage will end in a tie.
16. Games that end in a tie must be replayed with a 10 minute time limit and the same Map, Players, Characters, Settings, and Talent Points. Players will ONLY be able to change their Gear.
17. Maps will be randomly selected, for each Game by Blizzard’s Wargame All Arenas system.

I, along with a few others, will be spectators to the matches.
If we, the spectators, spot cheating of any kind, the match will be stopped and your team will be disqualified.

How it works:
1. NO double healer or triple dps setups.
2. Each team will play 3 matches.
3. To progress you must win 2 out of 3 of the matches.
3. See Rules #11-17.
4. All teams start out in the Championship bracket.
4a. Winners will advance to the next bracket.
4b. Losers will go to the losers bracket.
(http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1055/BlizzCon09_Tourny.jpg)
5. If you are in Loser bracket, do not give up hope as you may still win the tournament.
6. These games will take place over a period of week, but may take less time depending on how many people join/sign up.

What do I get out of this?

I get nothing out of this, this is purely non-profit for Shattered as all the gold goes from us (mostly Clockwerk) to you.

Why are we doing this?

We wish to spread the name of Shattered and Thunderlord/Cho'gall.

What are the prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

First place winner gets - 15,000 gold.
Second and third place gets an assortment of pets.

These prizes are subject to change, but 1st place will not. 15k will be the absolute.

If you have any questions pertaining to the tournament or what you need to do to join, feel free to contact me or anyone else in Shattered and they will relay your message to me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Sign me up coach.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yay pvp!
Reply Quote
99 Orc Shaman
So when you say "no double healer or triple dps teams" you mean no Holy Paladins?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/07/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Catparty
So when you say "no double healer or triple dps teams" you mean no Holy Paladins?

Holy pallies got nerfed pretty hard holy shock doesnt one shot no mo'
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This is an awesome idea, I'm all for it come level 90 on whoever I decide to level first. Unfortunately all I've got at my fingertips right now is PvE gear.

I've always thought an open-world PvP arena tournament would be exceptionally fun because it would actually give other players a chance to watch the fights right from their own screen without having to use some crap like xfire, twitch or own3d. The only thing you have to worry about is some random idiot swooping past and messing up your fights. To prevent this you would need a pretty equal amount of Alliance and Horde watching the fight acting as enforcers to any random idiots who think it would be cool to mess up a match.

In the meantime, I can act as a mediator for the alliance side and drum up some interest in trade chat w/ people who don't use the forum much. If I have any success I'll jump on my lowbie lock in Shattered and let you know.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is an awesome idea, I'm all for it come level 90 on whoever I decide to level first. Unfortunately all I've got at my fingertips right now is PvE gear.

I've always thought an open-world PvP arena tournament would be exceptionally fun because it would actually give other players a chance to watch the fights right from their own screen without having to use some crap like xfire, twitch or own3d. The only thing you have to worry about is some random idiot swooping past and messing up your fights. To prevent this you would need a pretty equal amount of Alliance and Horde watching the fight acting as enforcers to any random idiots who think it would be cool to mess up a match.

In the meantime, I can act as a mediator for the alliance side and drum up some interest in trade chat w/ people who don't use the forum much. If I have any success I'll jump on my lowbie lock in Shattered and let you know.

Actually the idea IS to have the matches in arena and it would be streamed... This is still in it's infancy though and tree might change the format
Reply Quote
Actually pretty clever, thumbs up
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
very interested, i'm curious though. you planning this for before or after mop's release?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Actually the idea IS to have the matches in arena and it would be streamed... This is still in it's infancy though and tree might change the format

Ahh. Back in the day we tried to do something like this in the non-instanced Nagrand and Blade's Edge Arenas, but too many idiots decided to crash the party.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warlock
Edited by Myrnaminkoff on 9/13/2012 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thank you all for the positive feedback, but as of right now I plan to host this BEFORE the release of MoP (just to test and see how smooth this runs over).

I'm willing to take any and all actions into consideration and I, hopefully, will be streaming this via Twitch, but as many of you have said an open world PvP arena tournament is not out the question. The only thing about that is it seems a lot less professional.

As for entry fees I don't plan to ever charge someone to view a fight, but I will take any and all donations (THEY WILL BE PUT 100% TOWARDS THE POT). The reasoning behind this is because this is for everyone, whether you're poor or rich. I want everyone to enjoy this to the fullest potential and I believe that paying someone to view/participate in it will deter people from entering.
Reply Quote
99 Orc Shaman
You could host this in a cleared-out section of an instance to prevent griefing/interference (imagine the backdrop possibilities), charge a hefty price for admission, and increase the prize money significantly. Would be cool to watch this sort of thing "in person." The spectators could be summoned in and the RL(s) could insta-kick any derps unwilling to comply with whatever rules were set for those spectating (remaining motionless during fights, outside of casting range of arena, whatever).
You serious?
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warlock
However you do it, I'm sure it will be great fun - very sweet idea indeed, hope it pans out :D
Edited by Myrnaminkoff on 9/13/2012 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warlock
Edited by Myrnaminkoff on 9/13/2012 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Orc Shaman
09/08/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Myrnaminkoff
You serious?

No, it was all a huge joke.

Did you find it funny?
No, just wondering how you planned to bypass all of the game mechanics that make that situation impossible.
How do you plan on getting horde and alliance into the same instance?
How do you plan on making it so that teams could actually fight in an instance?
Have you heard of War Games?
Reply Quote
awesome guys, nice setup and i am really looking forward to it :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If possible, either contact me in game or post here so I can record the teams.

Also try to keep any and all insults down to a bare minimum in this thread, albeit this forum is trolled quite heavily I hope to keep this topic open and show that we're more than just keyboard warriors and have some compassion.

Proper posting of team:

Name; Class - Spec
Name; Class - Spec
Name; Class - Spec

Team name - *name*

Ex:
Treebendur; Druid - Resto
Rik; Pally - Ret
Wonkuhh - Shaman - Ele

Team name - Iraq on Farm Status
Reply Quote
any set date / time yet?
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warlock
No, just wondering how you planned to bypass all of the game mechanics that make that situation impossible.
How do you plan on getting horde and alliance into the same instance?
How do you plan on making it so that teams could actually fight in an instance?
Have you heard of War Games?

My, you raise some valid points >.<

I am not much of a pve'r, if you can't tell. And yes, I have heard of War Games. Guess excitement got the better of me. D'oh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]