Damage in PVP

90 Human Mage
Now that fire mage damage has come down a bit, and thank you for that as it was just silly and totally absurd at 85,

Time to bring the damage of the following classes down, OR survivability. Some of the probems have to do with offensive utility, some of the plroblems stem from very high burst damge or over all DPS in a PVP setting, or even absolutly absurd self healing in the case of hybrid classes.

As a mage I dont have too many problems with any one class on its own, but its evedent when you do some PVP you will see that some classes are clearly better than others.

Oddly rogues are the easyest, class to kill now; they dont even hit very hard. Sure if I was to just stand there and let one DPS me down, it woud be over in seconds, but thats not PVP, thats BOHCA.

In no real order are the following @85 classes:

Frost Mages
Feral druids
Balance druids
Elemental shammys
Enhancment shammys
Death knights (Frost and Unholy)
Shadow Priests
BM Hunters
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Priest
Half of the problem to get this fixed is to reduce the healing output. You should not be doing comparable dps to your healing.
Reply Quote
23 Goblin Rogue
lol cute list
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Basically every single class has a defensive CD and a few offensive CC's to totally manipulate the fight and win duels based on player skill..

Although right now I need to agree on the frost mage, within 5 seconds on my mage I can pump 500-750K damage into a player if they do not use a defensive every *3* minutes.

So, if a person doesn't know how to use their own defensive cooldowns, well, they're never going to win a duel/bg against people who do.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Basically every single class has a defensive CD and a few offensive CC's to totally manipulate the fight and win duels based on player skill..Although right now I need to agree on the frost mage, within 5 seconds on my mage I can pump 500-750K damage into a player if they do not use a defensive every *3* minutes. So, if a person doesn't know how to use their own defensive cooldowns, well, they're never going to win a duel/bg against people who do.

really cuz, when I duel mages the moment they pop their orb and clones its pretty much an instant loss

And with the introduction of alter time, if a mage ever loses a duel then they should uninstall
Edited by Amiracle on 9/11/2012 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was wondering how long it would take before a mage would start complaining about ferals again.

It will be interesting to see if Blizzard pulls a bait and switch on the feral spec players again and removes root shifting to appease mages.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Lets balance around duels.......Frost has the potential to kill someone in a deep freeze if they know how to properly line up c/ds so maybe you should switch specs?
Edited by Kirimari on 9/12/2012 12:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
09/12/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Kirimari
Lets balance around duels.......Frost has the potential to kill someone in a deep freeze if they know how to properly line up c/ds so maybe you should switch specs?

I hope that was a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
TLDR: Please blizz nerf 75% of the DPS classes 2 weeks before you release another expansion because they have abilities that are really strong in duels.

PLEASE
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Mother of god... a mage didn't put a warlock on his list.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You lost me in the first sentence. Fire mage damage has not come down.
Reply Quote
19 Draenei Shaman
09/12/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Humanforemfh
You lost me in the first sentence. Fire mage damage has not come down.

Yeah, are you talking about at level 90? Or on some other planet?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard need to slow down cast times of boomkins
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
boomkins are still trash in pvp
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/30/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Irrwisch
wtb dmg and shorter CDs

Rogues need shorter cds, damage will come with gear...

Dont want buffed just to get nerfed later right?
Reply Quote
64 Worgen Hunter
09/30/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Irrwisch

Rogues need shorter cds, damage will come with gear...

Dont want buffed just to get nerfed later right?

actually dmg is terrible and won't be better with gear since crit talents are gone and CP gen got nerfed heavily

i am still gonna play this toon just to watch how far Blizz gonna take it with nerfs

i thought it can't get worse than begin of Cata but Blizz decided to beat own record it seems

Why is it that the people who choose to defend rogues are all too often illiterate? :'(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]