General AMA lore discussion

90 Draenei Shaman
At least Garrosh called her out on it. What will the next Warchief do about it? Better question: What if SYLVANAS is the next Warchief? Oh man.

BWAHAHAHA!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Sylvanas question. Let the games begin.

/bomb shelter

eh, it doesn't look like one that will cause to much contraversy.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
How many novels are planned to be released over this expansion? Also, since you have stated Garrosh is the main antagonist during your big MoP reveal, do you feel you've hurt opportunities to write more exciting novels to build up this already hyped epic battle we will eventually experience in-game?I'm glad you enjoyed the novel! Golden is a fantastic author who works very closely with us to do justice to the franchise.If you're getting psyched about the storyline, I think you'll love the next novel which focuses on Vol'jin. Have you played the troll 1-10 intro experience? Vol'jin flat-out tells Garrosh he doesn't trust him and he'll stab him in the back the moment he sees an opportunity. The novel carries his story forward and really meshes in with the events of patch 5.1.One of our ongoing goals is to make sure that the games and novels compliment each other, and that major lore events don't happen in the novels without some kind of representation in-game. This is a huge challenge for us!! But I think we're getting better at it.

Would have appreciated if the next novel was regarding past events like the Ordering of Azeroth or something like that but I guess it could have been a lot worse...
Reply Quote
Wow, they actually answered my one and only question. Not an answer I wanted, but still cool.

During your recent Cdev, you stated that it wasn't an Old God underneath Tirisfal. Any chance you could give us any kind of hint as to what's down there? Any tidbit of info would be awesome.
I hate to do this, but I didn't want to leave you hanging without an answer. My answer is: We're not saying. Not yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
At least Garrosh called her out on it. What will the next Warchief do about it? Better question: What if SYLVANAS is the next Warchief? Oh man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
09/11/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Cobble
Would have appreciated if the next novel was regarding past events like the Ordering of Azeroth or something like that but I guess it could have been a lot worse...

Especially lately, the novels tend to compliment the game. Since MoP doesn't really deal with the history of Azeroth outside of Pandaria, it would be pretty far out of left field to make a novel dealing with the ordering of Azeroth.

Maybe if we have a Titan-themed expansion I could see it happening, but that's about it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
09/11/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Falrinn

Especially lately, the novels tend to compliment the game. Since MoP doesn't really deal with the history of Azeroth outside of Pandaria, it would be pretty far out of left field to make a novel dealing with the ordering of Azeroth.

Maybe if we have a Titan-themed expansion I could see it happening, but that's about it.

I mentionned the Ordering of Azeroth cause that's the one I want the most. But something older that still connect to the expansion would be cooler than somthing current that should be in-game. I don't really like faction leaders being more present in novels than in-game.

But since it's Pandaria, I guess something like the Mogu Empire and the rebellion of their servants(sauroks, pandarens, etc) would have been a greater than a novel regarding Vol'jin and his opinion on Garrosh.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
This makes want to submit a question about the state of night elf lore currently, how the current night elf fans and roleplayers feel about it, and how Blizzard responds to the criticism. Seems I missed my window of opportunity here.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Looks like the AMA is finished. All lore-related questions and answers have been edited into the OP.

Overall not to bad. Although I admit I am now puzzled on why Dave Kosak can rattle off a dozen pieces of lore on the spot (some of which are quite interesting), yet it takes Blizzard over half a year to answer a similar number of questions in Ask CDev.

Anyways, I got to go for now. I'll be back in this threat tomorrow.
Reply Quote
And they just pretty much confirmged Sha+Garrosh
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
09/11/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Falrinn
but overwhlemingly the feedback is players want to see him be Hordey again

We really want to show Thrall developing as a character, not moving backwards

Ha.

the next novel which focuses on Vol'jin

Poor Vol'jin
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
09/11/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Skytotem
Poor Vol'jin

Shhhhhhhhhh......

I'm being extremely optimistic about this.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Although I admit I am now puzzled on why Dave Kosak can rattle off a dozen pieces of lore on the spot (some of which are quite interesting), yet it takes Blizzard over half a year to answer a similar number of questions in Ask CDev.

Because he gets it WRONG

Take a look

Why did Thrall let Gallywix Live if he's a slaveowner? Why did Thrall ever even allow Slavery in the Horde?
Thrall's vision of the Horde is a refuge for people in need. He's a helpful guy. The Bilgewater Goblins just had their home destroyed, and they were refugees (he can certainly relate to that). They helped him in the Lost Isles, so he offered them a home. Presumably he'd put a stop to any slave trade (the player characters don't remain slaves once they join the Horde.)

Of course... afterwards he was no longer the Warchief. Garrosh was probably a lot more hands-off of the goblins, so long as they showed their usefulness - as they demonstrated immediately in Azshara.

Ignored Reghar Earthfury, and the slave trader in durotar.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
09/11/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Katarn
And they just pretty much confirmged Sha+Garrosh
Where was that?
Reply Quote
Is the sha a threat to Azeroth as a whole? Possibly. I'd be more worried about the orc with the nukes. ;)

Sorry, I misread this line here. Ignore that earlier comment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/11/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
Poor Vol'jin

Shhhhhhhhhh......

I'm being extremely optimistic about this.

Don't get too excited. He may just decide to go neutral after the Alliance wipes the Echo Isles off the map.
Reply Quote
He didn't even Answer WHY Gallywix was made leader. Why him? Why not execute or imprison him and make, say, Sassy Hardwrench the faction leader? Why place him over his former slaves as their LEADER? How can that ever be excused?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
09/11/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Jaelara
He didn't even Answer WHY Gallywix was made leader. Why him? Why not execute or imprison him and make, say, Sassy Hardwrench the faction leader? Why place him over his former slaves as their LEADER? How can that ever be excused?

It can't. That's why they didn't address it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/11/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Skytotem
Ignored Reghar Earthfury, and the slave trader in durotar.

I like to imagine him reading and responding to the first question in a way that paints Thrall and by extension the Horde in a good light.

Then he reads the second question and realizes that there's no way to spin that in a good way whereby he hurls his computer out a window.
Edited by Nagodreth on 9/11/2012 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
09/11/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Skytotem

It can't. That's why they didn't address it.

He's secretly Thrall's spy inside Orgrimmar. When the sh*t hits the fan in 5.3/5.4 Gallywix will be the rebel's ace in the hole.

...What? A goblin can hope can't he?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]