Next Novel is focused on Vol'jin

Sargeras?

...Two heaps. Maybe three if he's awake.

/lol

/salute
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I have zero hope for the novel but admittedly, I'll probably buy it just to show Non Human/Orc/Night Elf lore will sell.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Recent information (http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2923-Developer-AMA-Live) revealed that the next World of Warcraft novel will have Vol'jin as the main character and will tie it in to Patch 5.1.

So what do you guys think Blizz is setting Vol'jin up for?

oops, forgot to answer the question. Too eager to express my happiness about a Warcraft novel that won't have a Human or Orc as the main character, or Night Elves, Dragons and time traveling shenanigans.

Well, didn't Blizzard say in patch 5.1 is when Horde and Alliance forces start arriving on Pandaria and going head to head?

I imagine that a large build up of Horde and Alliance forces would not go unnoticed by the Zalandari. Perhaps the Zandalari and the Mogu launch on all out assault on both sides in an attempt to dislodge them before they can really dig in and fortify? Aaaaaaaand maybe Vol'jin argues that leading a small force to Zandalar/Zanadalari Isle to wreak havoc and take down the prophet Zul would break the Zanadalari.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
"And now, young Vol'jin...you will die."
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Perhaps this means that instead of MoP featuring YET ANOTHER Troll civilization to burn to the ground, massacre to the last child, and salt the earth of like EVERY OTHER TROLL CIVILIZATION EVER who didn't have the presence of mind to join and stay with the Horde, trolls will get this and not fill the same niche in WoW that Clay Pots fill in a Zelda game.

I somehow doubt that this will spare this species yet another episode playing the role of hippie commune vs. an angry horde of mongols if mongols had bazookas instead of composite bows. I guess what I'm saying is, while the Darkspear are all fine and good, they're still the only representatives of their kind who haven't been perpetually wailed upon by absolutely everything ever since the Night Elves learned to stand up straight. Even then they're a twice exiled bunch, the second time involving a lone naga and some murlocs, and then it took years on end for them to get their act together and finally solve the problem.

While perhaps this book will shed some flattering light on the Darkspear, in the end, I'm not really holding my breath as to any sort of revolutionary changes in the status of this tribe, let alone trolls on a global scale.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I am generally 100% antinonhuman and usually wish all other races would just die. However i do miss the vanilla zg. Blizz did the za thing in bc, but i think everyone can agree it wasn't up to par on tier lvl raiding, although it was quite challenging while progression. Out of all the horde races I feel the tauren or darkspear trolls ought to be the ones leading. They are the only ones I've seen to have a good head on their shoulders(to bad they'll never be as smart as humans muhahahaha).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'm sure it'll have something to do with the Zandalari. If he becomes the new leader of a united Troll empire, all the better.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Vol'jin book...woot! I can't wait, Vol'jin's one of my favorite characters. If he leads a united troll nation, all the better!

Fo' da trolls mon! Time ta kill da Wahchief!

... ^_^'
Edited by Zarhonix on 9/12/2012 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Warchief Vol'jin, it's gonna happen so might as well get ready for it. Good change of pace anyways, Orcs seem to make really lousy leaders.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Sounds good to me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm speculating that it might have to do more with the troll empire.

His side-story implied something about the leadership of the trolls. And this book and MoP would likely tie into it all.

This is a very astute post. Recently Blizzard has also commented on a new raid area similar to Ulduar in execution for the patch after Pandaria hits. I have my suspicions for what this means but it doesn't take much to figure out what my suspicions are...
Reply Quote
Trolls are in MoP

Trolls are at war with everyone

4.1 was troll

Vol'jin is a troll

This puzzle doesn't have too many pieces.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
This book is going to suck if for no other reason than that reading the troll dialect for 300 pages straight is going to give me a frickin' headache.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
09/12/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Charlíesheen
I am generally 100% antinonhuman and usually wish all other races would just die. However i do miss the vanilla zg. Blizz did the za thing in bc, but i think everyone can agree it wasn't up to par on tier lvl raiding, although it was quite challenging while progression. Out of all the horde races I feel the tauren or darkspear trolls ought to be the ones leading. They are the only ones I've seen to have a good head on their shoulders(to bad they'll never be as smart as humans muhahahaha).

Um...Humans suck. Hate to break it to you but it's true. Night Elves outstrip you in every way and don't even have a pompous git with a ponytail covering their city in ego-wanking statues.

You fought Orcs? Big whoop. Night Elves fought the Legion's actual troops, not drugged up slaves.
You have Paladins? Night Elves get Demon Hunters, who are cooler and can actually get away with anime hair.
You have horses, they have inexplicably giant tigers.
You castle might as well belong to Lord British for all the originality it has, whereas Night Elves have a city with stone building on top of a giant tree.

Night Elves win easy. And I HATE Night Elves.

Sorry to piddle on your celebration, but Humans are just bland and certainly don't deserve the title of "Smart" or "Interesting" when there's Gnomes and Blue Light-Demon-Goat-Aliens. Plus you wish all non-Humans were dead, which includes all my toons.
Reply Quote
I'm worried. If the book comes out before the Org raid patch, then that could mean the reason the Horde rebels against Garrosh is Vol'Jin's death, after failing the assassination attempt =(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/12/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Dksarelosers
This book is going to suck if for no other reason than that reading the troll dialect for 300 pages straight is going to give me a frickin' headache.

I don't think they'll write it in 1st person......or at least I hope not.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
09/12/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Dksarelosers

Oh man up your highness. I read all the Varian comics without drowning myself in a vat of chemical waste, you can tough out jamacian dialect for one book. Besides, Vol'jin is a righteous dude. Only Troll with facial hair, ya know.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I didn't mind Varian's comic too much.

Beyond the Dark Portal on the other hand......
Edited by Lochnar on 9/12/2012 8:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight

I just hate the over-complex, canon-destroying, unoriginal and kinda stupid story. Varian is a character ruined by attempts to make him like Thrall at first with the slavery BS, then attempts to make him a superhero for it's own sake. And why would they split Varian in two when they can ransom him off for their money and leave? I know Ony wanted him for....something but really, it's just making your own life harder.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

I just hate the over-complex, canon-destroying, unoriginal and kinda stupid story. Varian is a character ruined by attempts to make him like Thrall at first with the slavery BS, then attempts to make him a superhero for it's own sake. And why would they split Varian in two when they can ransom him off for their money and leave? I know Ony wanted him for....something but really, it's just making your own life harder.

Ony did the splitting, not the Defias. She hired the Defias to kidnap him so she could split him away from Stormwind.
I think the plan was to use the easily-manipulated Varian and take over Stormwind from the shadows (which she did succeed in for a time) and leave the Lo'gosh Varian to die. She just didn't count on Lo'gosh washing up on Durotar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]