Holy Leveling 85 to 90?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone with beta access care to weigh in on this?

By leveling Holy I mean questing, not simply chaining dungeons. I made the mistake of leveling from 80 to 85 as Holy and it was a huge headache. The new offensive glyphs have got me thinking that it might not be so bad this time around; is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Should I bite the bullet and farm up a Ret set?
Edited by Pertinacious on 9/12/2012 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm sure holy leveling will be faster than it was. But ret would be faster still.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Anyone with beta access care to weigh in on this?

By leveling Holy I mean questing, not simply chaining dungeons. I made the mistake of leveling from 80 to 85 as Holy and it was a huge headache. The new offensive glyphs have got me thinking that it might not be so bad this time around; is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Should I bite the bullet and farm up a Ret set?

I was hoping to level as holy even if its a somewhat slower, I hate Ret.

but now that it appears that denounce is going to get the nerf bat, good luck with that.

:(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Speculation at this point.

Where are people getting this Denounce nerf rumor from?

Holy should be fine questing to and daily questing at max level.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ghost Crawler mentioned on twitter that Denounce needed looking into.

Edit: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mp0mj7&s=6
Edited by Retsu on 9/12/2012 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hum, they might lower its base up its coeificient so its more effective at higher levels/gear like they did with Holy Shock.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/12/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Hum, they might lower its base up its coeificient so its more effective at higher levels/gear like they did with Holy Shock.

Hmm, that would be pretty bad for leveling.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The general direction of healing specs seems to point towards being reasonably efficient to solo with, but I guess we'll have to see. Obviously you'll never be as efficient as a DPS spec, but it does seem they've made some pretty substantial adjustments to healing specs with this new "spec" system that allow us to solo reasonably.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
On a related note, are we missing the free hit that other healer specs got?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/13/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Pertinacious

Check your tooltip for Holy Insight. You'll see we get 15% hit on Judgement, Denounce and Holy Shock.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/13/2012 11:45 PMPosted by Sarakatawen

Check your tooltip for Holy Insight. You'll see we get 15% hit on Judgement, Denounce and Holy Shock.

Ah, that makes sense. I was just looking at the spell hit pane.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I did the same thing as you. I leveled 80-85 questing as holy and it was a nightmare.

Knowing that i was going to go Ret for quest leveling in MoP. I started building my Ret gear.
With Denounce I think it will be alot better, but I'm still gonna go Ret.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was planning on going Shockadin - all my pvp gear is holy :(

I will give it a go and let you know how I find it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've tried both. Leveling Holy isn't great.

Pro-tip: Don't bother farming ret gear. There's a vendor in Pearlfin (close to starting area) that sells full sets of greens that are solid. You could buy a full ret set there for about 1k. That's what I did and it works very well. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Been leveling as holy. It's definitely doable although obviously not as great as a pure DPS spec. Holy shock glyph and Harsh Words help a lot to increase DPS and I'd say reforge all your mastery into crit to help. When the crits come out mobs die pretty fast. With wings and divine favor its easy to drop high hp quest mobs.

Biggest drawback is the absolute absence of AOE damage. Those packs of 4-5 small mobs with 50-70k hp are an absolute pain in the rear. We only get some AOE damage with the 90 talents which isnt really helpful for leveling :P
Edited by Hyunkel on 9/26/2012 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I was planning on going Shockadin - all my pvp gear is holy :(

I will give it a go and let you know how I find it.

Duppy's Shaman here - Last night I went and did the initial quests in Mists first on Duppy then on this guy.

Big difference, there is no comparison, dps is signifcantly lower and the lack of any AoE on the holy pally really slows you down.

Looks like I will continue with my shaman :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]