What should happen to the Horde in MoP?

90 Night Elf Hunter
I see alot of arguments passed on the assumption that the Allaince will have the upper hand and be in a positon to wield power over the Horde come the Seige of Orgrimmer.

Which may not be the case

Horde Favoratism!
90 Orc Warlock
09/13/2012 03:13 AMPosted by Lancalor
Or it could be that the alliance has it's superior military finally break through your plot armor and the air fleet threatens to level orgrimmar any second

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

"you humans always underestimate us, that is why you lost the first war I think"

Etrigg to Tirion.

I always believe the real reason why the Allaince loose is not becasue of ability, but because they are never willing to accept that the Horde are capable of lot more then they beleive. Despite the amount of times they see it with thier owns eyes.

Overestimate themselves or underestimate their enemy.
90 Human Paladin
Which may not be the case, for we know the Allaince is worser straights and its only because of inner Horde conflict (which form that even take has yet to be seen) that thier able to slip their team to kill Garrosh.

The quesiton may not be what will happen to the Horde, but how the allaince srtike team and Varian are able to leave Orgrimmer alive.

Yeah, that'd go down well with the Alliance player base after Cataclysm and the whole Theramore in Flames !@#$storm.

"Hey Alliance! It's just like the second war where you are only saved from utter defeat because the Horde fell into infighting, but unlike the second war, you don't get to win at the end of the day! In fact, you only send in a small strike team (because assassinating one person always wins the war) that is completely unnecessary as the Horde doesn't even need you! They might even try to kill you because they're in such a better position than you, you have to flee with your tail between your legs like at Anderhal! Are you fist pumping yet?"

09/13/2012 01:54 AMPosted by Lochnar
The day this becomes an all Alliance game is day I cancel my sub.

Ha! Maybe you'd find out how it feels to play Alliance since WoW is currently a Horde game. You've only got several high level Blizzard employees and developers who have a stated preference for the Horde, an entire convention commonly referred to as "Hordecon" where you can join the developers in mocking the Alliance and a superior questing experience due to priority in development.

Honestly, I deeply regret being fooled into subscribing to an annual pass or I'd have been gone these last several months and everything I've seen pertaining to the Alliance in ToW and Mists doesn't exactly have my hopes up that the future is going to be any better, Mists may well be my last expansion.
Edited by Nagodreth on 9/13/2012 4:12 AM PDT
90 Orc Warrior
One expansion Alliance gets the short stick........

Cry me a friggin river.
90 Orc Warlock
"Hey Alliance! It's just like the second war where you are only saved from utter defeat because the Horde fell into infighting, but unlike the second war, you don't get to win at the end of the day! In fact, you only send in a small strike team (because assassinating one person always wins the war) that is completely unnecessary as the Horde doesn't even need you! They might even try to kill you because they're in such a better position than you, you have to flee with your tail between your legs like at Anderhal! Are you fist pumping yet?"

Easier to mantain the status que instead tyring to figure out a way to explain why the Allaince would just leave while they had to upper hand.

Spoiler
Also the move the playes seem to think will happen, Allaince come in army and work with Horde Rebels. Was already attempted in Tide of War. It fell flat.

09/13/2012 04:10 AMPosted by Nagodreth
Yeah, that'd go down well with the Alliance player base after Cataclysm and the whole Theramore in Flames !@#$storm.

At this point, Allaince whing is status que as well. I doubt it will faze Blizzard much.
Mabe give a Dalaran adn call it a day.

09/13/2012 04:10 AMPosted by Nagodreth
Honestly, I deeply regret being fooled into subscribing to an annual pass or I'd have been gone these last several months and everything I've seen pertaining to the Alliance in ToW and Mists doesn't exactly have my hopes up that the future is going to be any better, Mists may well be my last expansion.

I actualy like the game, so yeah. You can QQ all you want and leave. I will keep playing and wait for my Legion expansion.
90 Human Paladin
One expansion Alliance gets the short stick........

Cry me a friggin river.

I'm sorry, was Blood Elf Crusade not a thing? WotLK wasn't nearly as pro-Alliance as the Horde likes to think.

09/13/2012 04:28 AMPosted by Chorrol
At this point, Allaince whing is status que as well. I doubt it will faze Blizzard much.

You could achieve equal amounts of Horde tears by lowering the cooldown on Every Man for Himself by one quintillionth of a millisecond.

09/13/2012 04:28 AMPosted by Chorrol
I actualy like the game, so yeah. You can QQ all you want and leave. I will keep playing and wait for my Legion expansion.

I like it too, I've been playing since august 2005, I'd rather see the aspect of the game I most enjoy, the story, improve before I quit and Blizzard has a vested interest in improving the story because chasing away paying customers is just dumb.
87 Human Paladin
Ha! Maybe you'd find out how it feels to play Alliance since WoW is currently a Horde game. You've only got several high level Blizzard employees and developers who have a stated preference for the Horde, an entire convention commonly referred to as "Hordecon" where you can join the developers in mocking the Alliance and a superior questing experience due to priority in development.

Dude just... stop.

You're not accomplishing anything by posting in this manner and, quite frankly, it's making some of us more genuine Alliance fans look bad.
90 Orc Warlock
09/13/2012 04:43 AMPosted by Nagodreth
You could achieve equal amounts of Horde tears by lowering the cooldown on Every Man for Himself by one quintillionth of a millisecond.

Umm, what?
To give that lore relevance, I think it would be fitting for cowardly name human racial to be useful more often.

09/13/2012 04:43 AMPosted by Nagodreth
I like it too, I've been playing since august 2005, I'd rather see the aspect of the game I most enjoy, the story, improve before I quit and Blizzard has a vested interest in improving the story because chasing away paying customers is just dumb.

Umm, it has. Despite all the !@#$ Blizzard get. it has put for more effort into its story (more books, more scripted events, scenerios, archy, short stoires, Q&A, even this forum) then they ever did in the early days.

The improvment is thier. It just no longer paints the Allaince as an unbeatable juggernuat. And maybe that is a pill the players need to swallow.
Edited by Chorrol on 9/13/2012 5:03 AM PDT
87 Human Paladin
09/13/2012 03:55 AMPosted by Chorrol
Overestimate themselves or underestimate their enemy.

Well, you should also apply this lesson to the Horde as well.

They even have a manual that brings up that they're not only fighting the Alliance, but that they're fighting the "weak, puny, pink-skin ruled" Alliance.

Plus their leader is an ego-driven jerk, but still...
88 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd like to see the Alliance or at least some high ranking members take it too far. Having the Alliance as cookie cutter tree hugging good guys is stupid. People are evil, just as evil as orcs.

What happened to all the Blackmoores, Garithos, and Arthas types? Make it so there are monsters on both sides of the field. All this "Horde is bad and they should feel bad" is BS in my opinion.

The Alliance problem isn't that they're taking hits from the end of WoTLK and through MoP. Their problem is that they're too damn two dimensional, and that might be giving too much.

The alliance has no inner conflict, no flavor. They need some nitty gritty. Not some stored up fem dwarf that never sees the light of day anyway.

The forsaken need to hate the living because they're trying to actively wipe them out. We don't see this at all ever. Seige of undercity? Get bent, that was nothing.

The Orcs need to hate the humans because they're pushing too far into territory the Orcs feel belongs to them. They're doing this pretty good.

The Blood Elves have plenty reason to have a stick in their butts, I can see why they're on the back burner.

Trolls need to show they're holding a grudge about getting stomped into extinction by every other race around.

The Tauren need to blame the Alliance for Cairne and the grimtotems.

Every single "bad guy" in the Alliance gets instantly turned into a raid or dungeon boss before they get an ounce of character development. Every single bad guy in the Horde gets turned into a leader. It's stupid.
Edited by Desidarius on 9/13/2012 5:07 AM PDT
87 Human Paladin
Why did you bring up Alliance issues and then start talking about the Horde?

I agree to a certain extent, the Alliance are treading far too dangerously on the hippy levels of kindness but I think their reasons for hating the Horde should be as justified as vice versa.
90 Human Paladin
Dude just... stop.

You're not accomplishing anything by posting in this manner and, quite frankly, it's making some of us more genuine Alliance fans look bad.

Is any of what I said false? No? Is it relevant to the state of Alliance writing? Absolutely.
What makes you or anyone else a more genuine fan than me?

Umm, it has. Despite all the !@#$ Blizzard get. it has put for more effort into its story (more books, more scripted events, scenerios, archy, short stoires, Q&A, even this forum) then they ever did in the early days.

The improvment is thier. It just no longer paints the Allaince as an unbeatable juggernuat. And maybe that is a pill the players need to swallow.

Quantity =/= Quality, and when as the Alliance ever been an unbeatable juggernaut?
90 Orc Warlock
09/13/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Talendras
Well, you should also apply this lesson to the Horde as well.

To the leaders like Baine, Vol'jin,and even Sylvanas, not really.

To the Orc populace. Most definetly. (But personaly I reserve the right to be arrogant douche Orc, human hater by right of my Warlockness)
90 Orc Warlock
Quantity =/= Quality, and when as the Alliance ever been an unbeatable juggernaut?

Exactly,

So tell me why the Allaince player assumes that should be able to steam roll a rival Superpower.
Edited by Chorrol on 9/13/2012 5:27 AM PDT
87 Human Paladin
09/13/2012 05:14 AMPosted by Nagodreth
No?

Yes.

Blizzard doesn't blatantly favor one side over the other, that's just seriously going to kick them in the !@# if they ever do something like that.

Honestly, this is just a matter of them putting too many of their eggs into one basket and not having enough time to get to everything. Cataclysm was such a rushed and crappy expansion that they had to get MoP announced and out the door as quick as possible. That's the ultimate reason for why Alliance Lore has suffered.

Look there's a lot of things that Blizzard's done with the story as of late that has seriously rustled my jimmies, but that doesn't compel me to assume that it's out of any sort of spite or distaste for the fanbase. Not offering feedback in a more well rounded manner won't help things much either, and will only make them worse.

At least in MoP there's a few things I'm looking forward to as Alliance, and that really matters to me. I can understand looking at it cynically after ToW, but I still personally prefer patience over anything else.
88 Blood Elf Paladin
09/13/2012 05:07 AMPosted by Talendras
Why did you bring up Alliance issues and then start talking about the Horde?

Because the Horde is the Alliance issue but it barely goes the other way.
87 Human Paladin
09/13/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Desidarius
Because the Horde is the Alliance issue but it barely goes the other way.

I'm not sure that makes sense given that it currently looks more like the Horde are invested in the war than the Alliance. (Hell, a couple of Alliance exclusive zones have NOTHING to do with the war against the Horde.)
90 Human Paladin

Yes.Blizzard doesn't blatantly favor one side over the other, that's just seriously going to kick them in the !@# if they ever do something like that.

Honestly, this is just a matter of them putting too many of their eggs into one basket and not having enough time to get to everything. Cataclysm was such a rushed and crappy expansion that they had to get MoP announced and out the door as quick as possible. That's the ultimate reason for why Alliance Lore has suffered.

Blatantly? Probably not, but you still didn't refute what I wrote because you know it's true and it is, if only subconscious on the developers part, going to affect the game.

At least in MoP there's a few things I'm looking forward to as Alliance, and that really matters to me. I can understand looking at it cynically after ToW, but I still personally prefer patience over anything else.

I'm sticking around, aren't I? If MoP is another disappointment I'll just give up, but I'm willing to see it through because the Devs at least have acknowledged the issues exist and they'll try to fix them. The story isn't the sole cause of my mounting disinterest with the game however, Cataclysm on top of being rushed and , well, crappy, also managed to chase away all my casual guildmates and left me nobody to run with.
Edited by Nagodreth on 9/13/2012 5:40 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]