mouse-clicks not responding correctly - 5.0.5

(Locked)

88 Dwarf Paladin
My mouse-over and mouse click events are extremely erratic since the patch. Keyboard events are fine, and no lag. But mouse-clicking on my mount, I have to click twice, then if I move my mouse over the playfield later, and left click again, it picks the mount button up off my hotbar and attaches the button to my mouse (as if I dragged it).

Help!
88 Dwarf Paladin
occurs both in-game and on the menu screens. Not affecting other applications.

MacOS X Lion, up to date.
100 Dwarf Hunter
I'm having the same problem. It's as though the interface isn't recognizing mouse clicks. When a click does register, it seems to get "stuck" to that given interface element. This only occurs in WoW; multiple mice function just fine outside of WoW but behave this way once I start the game...but only when interfacing with the WoW UI.

I have this problem on the login screen, character screen, and within game. I've tried removing my WTF and Interface directories, repairing permissions on the entire drive, and verifying the permissions for the WoW directory.

Previously, when this occurred, a restart often fixed it. More recnetly, this is no longer the case. The game is sadly unplayable when this happens. I'm using a Logitech G700 (always plugged into the USB cable) and the Cyborg MMO7 wired mouse. When this behavior starts, neither work properly.
Support Forum Agent
Can y'all post some additional system specs?

1. Launch World of Warcraft and log in.
    2. Put World of Warcraft into Windowed Mode if it is not already in Windowed Mode.
    3. From the system menu bar, select Help > Copy Support Information: http://i45.tinypic.com/foodww.png
    4. Paste the contents of the copied system information here (Command-V)
100 Dwarf Hunter
Here you go:

Software:

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.4 (11E53)
Kernel Version: Darwin 11.4.0
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes
Time since boot: 23:42

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP51.007F.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.39f11
SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f11

Graphics/Displays:

AMD Radeon HD 6870:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6870
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6738
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C2960K-152
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.507
Displays:
Cinema HD:
Resolution: 2560 x 1600
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: CY649077UG1
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Adapter Type: Apple Mini DisplayPort To Dual-Link DVI Adapter
Adapter Firmware Version: 1.02
Cinema HD:
Resolution: 2560 x 1600
Display Serial Number: CY9460S2XMP
Main Display: Yes

Other:

Input Source ID: com.apple.keylayout.USExtended
Keyboard Layout: ANSI
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
This sounds suspiciously like the issue some people are having in Diablo 3 right now. When you guys are having mouse stuttering issues or other issues, could you check to see if there is an Agent process in Activity Monitor and whether or not it has a CPU% use listing of >50%?

Agent can get "stuck" on rare occasions if you launch, quit, and then relaunch the Launcher in rapid succession (both for WoW and D3).

100 Dwarf Hunter
I've never experienced the problem in D3, only WoW. But I will take a look the next time it happens.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I found this thread while searching for a solution to a similar problem. I seem to be having the same issues as stated above and I am not using a Mac. I often have to move my mouse off of a button and back to get it to highlight the button in order to be able to click it. Sometimes I will have to click to the right and down from the button to get it to work, rather than clicking on the actual button. This doesn't happen in any other games or applications- only in WoW.
Edited by Merlynna on 9/25/2012 9:56 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I am also having this issue. Very annoying.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I am having the same issue with mouse clicks. Started with 5.0.5. Everything works fine, then all of a sudden it requires two clicks of the mouse instead of one to accomplish anything (say, open a bag, loot a mob, etc.). For example, if I go to the Game Menu and try and click on, say, Interface, the first click highlights the button, and the second click actually opens the Interface window.

Restarting the game solves the problem for an hour or two.

I do use a mouse add-on called "SteerMouse".

Here's my stats:

Software:

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.8.2 (12C54)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.2.0
Time since boot: 1 day11:44

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro4,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 12 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP41.0081.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.39f5
SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f5

Graphics/Displays:

ATI Radeon HD 5870:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5870
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6898
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C0780C-194
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.436
Displays:
LED Cinema Display:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1600 x 1000
Display Serial Number: 2A9051QB0K0
Connection Type: DisplayPort
S2411W:
Resolution: 1600 x 1000
Display Serial Number: 46892057
Main Display: Yes

Other:

Input Source ID: com.apple.keylayout.US
Keyboard Layout: ANSI
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I am having a similar issue on a mac. My command+left click for right click is only working some of the time - half the time it just picks the item up out of my inventory as if I left-clicked it, or merely targets what I click instead of skinning it, etc. It's very annoying. Is this a bug in the game, or is there something I can do to fix it? It doesn't happen in any other application so I don't think it's my keyboard...
90 Human Warlock
Same thing for me too. latest 27 iMac. More so my mouse just goes crazy and doesn't respond correctly to my movements.
Support Forum Agent
@Arasiyris- This is a known issue.

@Annatoxia- Yours is a different issue. Can you please create a new post for your issue?

@Everyone else- I'm sending this up to the team for review. Can y'all post what mouse make/model y'all are using?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm using a Logitech wireless gaming mouse G7 (and the Mac add-on "SteerMouse" ver. 4.1.4f1 software).
Support Forum Agent
@Thanksalot - Have you tried without Steermouse installed and/or using a wired USB mouse?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
No I haven't tried removing SteerMouse and using a wired mouse - I'm headed out of town for a few days so can't do it now. I don't think it's a client side hardware issue with multiple people reporting the same thing, and the fact that it can be solved by simply restarting WoW.

It just happened to me again a few minutes ago when completing one of the Tiller's Market Pre-Quests. I completed the pre-quests on two toons today, the first toon was fine, the second toon developed the problem right after the farmer's friends finished their dialog welcoming me to the Tiller society (or something to that effect). I wonder if the multiple mouse clicking problem has something to do with phasing changes? I've had that suspicion for a week or so now....

Here's my Mouse system profile (my Mac's hardware/software profile is above):

USB Receiver:
Product ID: 0xc51a
Vendor ID: 0x046d (Logitech Inc.)
Version: 41.01
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Logitech
Location ID: 0x20120000 / 6
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 98
Edited by Thanksalot on 10/4/2012 2:28 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Hunter
Logitech G700 with SteerMouse (both wired and wireless)

Cyborg MMO 7 Wired.

When it happens, both mice behave the same way. Also, since upgrading to MoP, using Apple-M to go full screen and then back to windowed mode sometimes fixes the problem.
100 Night Elf Druid
In Mountain Lion on one of these new fangled i7 iMacs 27" screen (late 2011 model) with 16GB RAM.

I noticed that when I tab out to change my Netflix or YouTube video on my second monitor that if I click back to WoW the mouse responds funny

If I tab back to Wow, the mouse works fine.

If I click back and notice the mouse reponds funny, I tab out and tab back and the problem fixes itself.

Hopefully this helps some of you.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Im having the same problems, i am not using a mac. i have a razer mamba
Support Forum Agent
I know there was a small patch to help address some issues with clicking/interacting with in-game objects. Was this happening lately after the update?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]