Brewfest boss - What is his level now?

90 Human Paladin
What is the word on the Brewfest boss this year? Is he still going to be 90, thus requiring us to burn through KFP content to max level if you want to try him as much as possible?

Or is he staying 85 this time around so we can do the event and take the content in a more leisurely pace?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
The former. Brewfest was pushed back to give folks a chance to level up to be able to get a few attempts in.
Edited by Dolraan on 9/11/2012 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Last year was way too easy: my brother chose healer as shadow priest i chose tank as ret pally and we still downed him in 10 seconds or less without trouble.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
09/11/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Avengeline
Last year was way too easy: my brother chose healer as shadow priest i chose tank as ret pally and we still downed him in 10 seconds or less without trouble.

Well duh. He was tuned for more or less fresh 85s and we were decently into Firelands.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
The brewfest bunny is level 93 and i tanked him on the pally with a raid no problem. Im sure they can make Coren 90 and still have a 5 man own him up. It just might mean you have to use more than button one.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Word is, Coren Direbrew has been working out with bigger kegs and he will indeed be a level 90 dungeon boss and his loot has been adjusted accordingly. Pace was something we considered, so we pushed the actual event by just over a week from when it normally happens (which you should be able to see on your in-game calendars now) to give players a bit more time to reach level 89, the minimum level required to queue for the encounter. Oh, we also added a couple more surprises but you’ll have to wait and see. ;)
Reply Quote
But I want it nooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Shaman
Good to know. I'm still going to have to rush level my characters though :\
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Well if i have to rush myself through to 89 just to be able to hit Corin then i don't want to go LOL. I wont rush through everything just to hit a once a year boss. I dont care how good his loot may be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Word is, Coren Direbrew has been working out with bigger kegs and he will indeed be a level 90 dungeon boss and his loot has been adjusted accordingly. Pace was something we considered, so we pushed the actual event by just over a week from when it normally happens (which you should be able to see on your in-game calendars now) to give players a bit more time to reach level 89, the minimum level required to queue for the encounter. Oh, we also added a couple more surprises but you’ll have to wait and see. ;)

So you want people to take their time in pandaria, but you want them to get to 89 fast enough to do this world event.... I guess the few people that don't eat or sleep and just play WoW will have fun at brew fest this year.

You realize it doesn't take THAT long to level, right? You don't have to be on WoW 24/7 to be 90 in A WEEK.

Oh geez, I thought it was pushed back to a week after launch, not 3 days...
Edited by Zanumas on 9/11/2012 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
"I think folks can live without a free trinket," says the dude with both mounts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/11/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Vasparian

So you want people to take their time in pandaria, but you want them to get to 89 fast enough to do this world event.... I guess the few people that don't eat or sleep and just play WoW will have fun at brew fest this year.

Your joking right?

Its gonna take more then 3 weeks to get to 89?

The event lasts till the 13th of next month. I think you've got time Drama queen.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/11/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Vasparian

It took me 9 hours to get level 85. I doubt 90 will take 3 weeks.
Reply Quote
09/11/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Ennairol
Well if i have to rush myself through to 89 just to be able to hit Corin then i don't want to go LOL. I wont rush through everything just to hit a once a year boss. I dont care how good his loot may be.

Yep, same here. I'm calling it "unfortunate timing", and if I get there I get there, if I don't I'll faceroll him next year.

I will regret not having more chances at that stupid kodo, though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Crithto is a 91 in SW lol!!!
Reply Quote
Cant not include a Pandaren (The masters of brew) for brewfest!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
09/11/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Bob

It took me 9 hours to get level 85. I doubt 90 will take 3 weeks.

My friend in beta said it takes about 25 hours /played to hit 90. Average 5 hours a level sounds about right to me.
Reply Quote
09/11/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Crithto
Oh, we also added a couple more surprises but you’ll have to wait and see. ;)

Time to speculate, folks.
Reply Quote
49 Night Elf Rogue
I'm going to guess Alementals(sp) ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]