Failed to launch critical file on Mac
World of Warcraft Launcher.app
World of Warcraft-64.app
World of Warcraft.app
If you moved any of the files in the folder to the desktop in order to create a shortcut, please try moving it back and create an Alias instead.
EDIT: I just went to download the game client again, but all it downloaded was World of Warcraft Setup.app, which opened the launcher I already have. Should I delete all of that?
EDIT 2: I deleted my World of Warcraft folder, and Setup re-downloaded everything and it works now, has all the right files. I don't know if there was an easier way to do it, I still have 18 GB to download, but...it worked.
I've tested the installer quite a few times, and it always seems to install both a World of Warcraft.app and a World of Warcraft-64.app file every time.
1. First of all, I did not uninstall WoW properly from my Mac (more on how to do so properly in a sec). Basically, I had just deleted the WoW folder from Applications and did NOT empty my trash....so the installer updated my WoW game folder in the Trash!!!! So I restored the WoW folder from the trash and it had all the correct MoP files.
2. In the launcher, go to the menu Options > Games Prefrences and check the 32-bit client.
Done. Working now.
If you want to completely uninstall WoW from your Mac you can follow these steps:
In order to remove World of Warcraft safely from your system, you will need to:
1. Go to your Mac HD/Applications folder and move your World of Warcraft to the Trash
2. Go to your Mac HD/Users/Shared folder and move the Blizzard folder to the Trash
3. Go to your Mac HD/Users/your account/Library/Preferences and delete any files associated with WOW:
(You might not have all of these files.)
- Com.blizzard.World of Warcraft.prefs
- com.blizzard.World of Warcraft.survey.prefs
4. Empty Trash
5. Install WoW from https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/ or you can log into us.battle.net and go to Manage Games>Download Game Client>Full Install (Mac).
This will start the new patching agent. This has the ability to play after Phase 1 is complete in the download process while it still patches. It has also eliminated a lot of issues and errors that the old patching system had. Just be aware that if you do start playing in Phase 2, there is a high chance of graphic issues, low FPS & high latency. Now they will go away after it is patched all the way, but at least you can play while it is patching rather than waiting until it is 100% complete.
Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.