Cross Realm Zones

90 Night Elf Hunter
Thoughts, opinions? Who is happy about it, and who isn't? Pros and cons for Suramar?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I dislike it. I started farming for a certain low level mats from before the patch and it was nice and easy with no competition what so ever. Now I can only do it in peace at 3:00 am and sometimes not even then. Also rare hunting has become a real PITA. I can also see an issue when I'm going to be hunting battle pets. All this isn't even considering the bugs that I've noticed.

Maybe I'll like it when I'm leveling my monk in a few months, but meh. They should have just merged low pop realms.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
09/13/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Lasagna
PITA

I'm sorry for derailing but thank you for giving me a new thing to call PETA.

OT: If they fix all the problems and bugs, ESPECIALLY the rare spawns / nodes sharing across realms, I would like it. Until then, it's the worst thing to happen to WoW since Cataclysm, ToC, Firelands, and Dragon Soul (due to the staggering amount of bugs that it brought)
Edited by Pewpewblast on 9/14/2012 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I don't mind it atm, but all i have did with it was dueled them, haven't went out to fight mobs or try to get low lv mats, we will see how it goes when mists goes active
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
09/18/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Putricide
I'd say that basically, with the current state of CRZ's, it's pretty much a sh*t version of a server merge.
The main gripes with low pop realms are guild recruitment and economy. This fixes neither. I have some horde on a low pop (horde side) server and it sucks when you go into the AH looking for that certain item and it's not there, especially when I know I can find it anytime day or night here on our medium size server.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
I'd say that basically, with the current state of CRZ's, it's pretty much a sh*t version of a server merge.
The main gripes with low pop realms are guild recruitment and economy. This fixes neither. I have some horde on a low pop (horde side) server and it sucks when you go into the AH looking for that certain item and it's not there, especially when I know I can find it anytime day or night here on our medium size server.

Rare/Node spawns, fishing tournaments, inability to click things (even in raids/dungeons), getting quests done, etc.

Just to name a few.

CRZ shouldn't even touch BC+ expansions since they still have content relevant to today (like rare spawn achieves)
Edited by Pewpewblast on 9/18/2012 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
It's always fun going to Uldum to look for Mysterious Camel Figurines... along with the 5 boxing DK's from Vek'linash, yeah, I love CRZ *eyeroll*

Worst idea EVER. I take that back, because there's something I enjoy about it, but the fishing tourney, rare spawn campings, things for that sort are not it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I like the idea of being able to visit people on other servers and crap. That seems cool. But not too sure I am bought on the complete merge... there is a few people I've met that I would rather not share the world with...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I love this CRZ stuff. It was insane last night. On my tauren DK toon on Illidan. A Sargeras alliance group tried to sack Orgs south gate around 10-1030pm last night. We routed them in about 7 mins. We (Illidan/Sargeras horde) then formed 5 40 man groups and locked Sargeras alliance's SW gate and goldshire down for around 4 hrs.

Heres a few snippets of Illidan/sargeras horde welcoming our sargeras alliance friends. :)

(This pic is courtesy of an alliance player from Sargeras.)
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae292/Kalleskalle/WoWScrnShot_092312_011549_zpse9e11d6a.jpg

(This was fairly recent by about 40-50 mins ago) (Also from Illidan/Sargeras horde mopping up alliance from mainly Sargeras)
http://i.imgur.com/Mqkmk.jpg

Gotta love the immense CRZ world PvP that picked up ever since it went live :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/20/2012 06:32 AMPosted by Alienshark
there is a few people I've met that I would rather not share the world with...

Hope I'm not one of those? :( And BTW World PvP is the ONLY enjoyable thing about CRZ.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't mind CRZ - it's a bit weird to being in a different timezone from PDT but w/e.

Pandaria won't be CRZ'd so endgame nodes will be fine, it's good to go to old zones and see ppl again!

As for the tourney's - as far as I know STV / DB aren't supposed to CRZ during them.

Rares I don't care about but I reckon they can up the spawn rate if it becomes too much of an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Because they can't fix it they are going to remove it or them. Hard to tell if it's both or not.

Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza

In the case of the weekly Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza, we also found that players from other realms were able to jump to a realm in a different time zone to get a head start on fishing, allowing them to win their home realm’s tournament as soon as it began. This isn’t fair for anyone and will require some new tech on our end to ensure the integrity of timed competitions. Unfortunately, this change will require a client-side patch, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893

Edit I thought that one of the benefits of the CRZs was that they would split up overcrowded zones. That certainly didn't happen at MoP launch alliance side, and if it did they didn't do a very good job with it.
Edited by Lasagna on 9/25/2012 6:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I was apathetic about it until I got screwed out of the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby a few weeks ago due to the Time Zone BS.

Now, not a fan, especially of Blizz implementing something that wasn't ready to go live.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Another thing I've found that annoys me about it. There are battle pets that spawn only at a certain time, with these CRZs you go into a zone and have no idea what the server time is so now I have to camp this one spawn 4 times, 11:00, 12:00, 1:00, and 2:00.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]