Reputation achievements.

90 Human Rogue
I have been farming reputation with various factions lately and was wondering exactly how it worked. I am currently 46 / 50 for the next achievement. I am also starting to work on the insane title. If i raise bloodsail rep all the way to exalted, and it says 47 / 50 for the progress, will it drop back to 46 / 50 once i start farming to get the booty bay rep back up? Or will it still count towards progress?

If not, ill just stop at honored and go grind out the goblin rep.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You can't get bloodsail exalted. Soooo yeah....

ETA: Nvmd... apparently you can. Not sure why anyone would want to though, omg. o.O

ETA2: Also, to *really* answer your question in a more general sense. Yes, it will drop your rep counter for that achievement when you tank a rep. Say, for example that you were talking about dropping Scryer for Aldor in the same situation. Once you hit exalted with Scryer, you'd get credit, but the moment you were no longer exalted with them, it would drop back down by one.

The only way that it wouldn't really affect you would be is that was the 50th rep you needed. Say you get exalted with Scryer and ding the achievement, and then tank it to go get exalted with Aldor. You get to keep the achievement, but your counter for it would drop back to 49. HTH.
Edited by Amaranthas on 9/12/2012 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Farm bloodsail to honored, get your title and head straight back to grinding the goblin factions to exalted. No one has both bloodsail and goblin cities at exalted, unless their autistic
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/12/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Gèarshift
Farm bloodsail to honored, get your title and head straight back to grinding the goblin factions to exalted. No one has both bloodsail and goblin cities at exalted, unless their autistic

I know a few people who have managed to keep bloodsail at honored and the goblins at exalted at the same time. I'm not sure if it's possible to even do bloodsail exalted and the goblins exalted simultaneously. If it is... holy crap is that beyond insane for anyone to do..... o.O
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
well if you kill the mobs, they give rep for the goblins but dont make you lose rep with bloodsail, so yes its possible.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
[quote="65513862232"] I'm not sure if it's possible to even do bloodsail exalted and the goblins exalted simultaneously. If it is... holy crap is that beyond insane for anyone to do..... o.O

It's not hard to do at all :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Didn't say it was difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Well the measure of the insanity I'd think would be difficulty :D If not, its no less useful than getting another reputation to exalted :D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/12/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Gèarshift

I'm autistic? Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Unfortunately getting Bloodsail exalted right now is going to be more difficult than before 5.04, I believe the booty bay bruisers, which are the only mobs you can use to hit exalted, are now updated to lvl 90, so killing them is going to be a pain! If you do however, you can get to exalted bloodsail then simply farm the pirates in Lost Rigger Bay for steamwheedle rep, followed by a few on Fray Island to cap Gadgetzan (since the tanaris ones give rep for the other 3 cities to max exalted but only for Gadgetzan to 20999/21000 revered).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/13/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Katzbalger
I believe the booty bay bruisers, which are the only mobs you can use to hit exalted

Nope. Booty Bay Bruisers and the other Elites there stop giving reputataion at 11999/12000 Honored.

Also, if the OP hasn't quested in STV, there is a BB quest that phases you to be friendly with the pirates and all the BB Bruisers are level 30-somethings... farm gogo.
Edited by Amaranthas on 9/15/2012 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/15/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Amaranthas
I believe the booty bay bruisers, which are the only mobs you can use to hit exalted

Nope. Booty Bay Bruisers and the other Elites there stop giving reputataion at 11999/12000 Honored.

The Bruisers give reputation all the way to Exalted. This was a change in Cataclysm. Trust me.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Unless it changed again, with the boosting of the guards in BB to lvl 90, the guards in BB will give you rep to 999/1000 exalted, and are the only way to go beyond 11999/12000 honored (with the exception of High Admiral Shelly, I think the name is on a hidden cove in Dun Morogh, but the admiral is a on horribly long spawn timer.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]