Angelic Feather uses?

90 Night Elf Priest
Hello priest community,
I have been loving the changes to disc: even with tighter mana regen I am still topping the meters by a ton on all fights but H Spine. I have been having blast with the angelic feather talent as well - as has my raid. In town I drop them in my line of travel to zoom around the AH and bank; on raid night I drop them for my mates to play with.
I am wondering if anyone has found specific uses for them beside the fun part? And aside from obvious pvp uses of course. For example, I tried to drop them on our H Madness attempts last night when jumping between platforms, and on the ship for people running to swirlies...any other useful ideas for our feathers? Are there any mechanics in MoP that we should be looking forward to using them on?
Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Dragon Soul isn't really movement heavy...at all, so I usually just take B&S because why not.

Some fights I found Feathers to be pretty cool:

H Rag Deluge person/tank in P4.
Sinestra lined up beside group for cutters.
Zon'ozz if you place them just right so people can get to tentacles faster.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I use it all the time, especially for twin peaks or wsg to help the fc speed away from the zerg. Also it is amazing for kiting, i can run at 60% increased movement speed for a good 12 sec or so, creating a great distance between me and the guys going pew pew.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Whenever you might want to use B&S you can use a feather instead. Then if you happen to wish that B&S lasted longer, you can just drop another feather instead.
Reply Quote
87 Human Priest
Whenever you might want to use B&S you can use a feather instead. Then if you happen to wish that B&S lasted longer, you can just drop another feather instead.

That's been my thought since the begining, yet I still see people preferring B&S over it. I don't even get it.

On top of that, they don't ever disappear, so you can set them up, and forget about them. Kinda like the Showtime Rotisserie.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Its good for carrying the flag. I also use it to run around randomly in dal or outside of org because I like to sparkle and run fast.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Who wants to risk someone stealing your movement speed increase? People see a shiny golden feather and gravitate towards it- even if they don't need it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Drop it directly under you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Doesn't work very well when you're stacked with numerous other people- especially in a 25m. Additionally, for the same gcd, you also get a shield.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

That's been my thought since the begining, yet I still see people preferring B&S over it. I don't even get it.

On top of that, they don't ever disappear, so you can set them up, and forget about them. Kinda like the Showtime Rotisserie.

Set them up, and if you don't use them for 20 seconds, you can hit 6 consecutively, all 3 you set up and then 3 more as you are running.

There are reasons to consider body and soul. First, Feathers go to the first (friendly) person to touch them, so you might not be able to get them yourself. Even if you cast them in your path if someone is running with you they might take first. Second, B&S heals while it gives you the speed boost, so you don't spend a global not healing. Lastly, you can use B&S on more targets in a short window even if you can only use it on each one once (twice with Lifegrip added).

There are better reasons to choose feathers though. You can use consecutive feathers on yourself or a single kiter for more and longer speed. Feathers don't cost any mana, so if you don't specifically need a shield on whoever you want to speed boost, you don't waste any. Feathers are never locked out "by default" by regular healing, so you will always be able to speed boost when you need it vs running into weakened soul at an inopportune time. Feathers also work well with multiple priests. Also, if someone grabs your feather, you can just cast another to grab yourself most of the time, so that shouldn't be a big enough issue to make you chose B&S.

09/11/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Nephelee
Doesn't work very well when you're stacked with numerous other people- especially in a 25m. Additionally, for the same gcd, you also get a shield.

Consider how that situation works out. Either everyone needs to move at once in a stack, or specific people need to move out. If everyone needs to move, feathers aren't a good choice, but neither is B&S (huge cost, staggered speed boosts across the raid). If only one person needs to move, instead of casting it on the stack, you can cast your feather just out of range so you grab it as you move out. If you don't need to move far enough for that to work out than the speed boost isn't going to do much good anyway. In fact, if multiple specific people need to run out, you can surround the stack with feathers, and anyone who runs automatically gets the speed boost when they need it.
Edited by Sotanaht on 9/11/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Lei Shi - Get Away attack. Have everyone group up on one side drop the feather so dps can get to the boss faster.

Blade Lord Ta'yak - Phase 2 to run past tornadoes faster.

Those are 2 bosses in MoP that spring to mind for potential uses.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah but if you look at it like that, there is 4589073409834098345 movement speed increases in the game atm, and if you have a disc priest you can just put shields on people who need the extra speed. Especially if they are smart and turn inner will on before doing so. IDK i only really use the use of the feathers in fights with random people needing to move fast and immediately. I prefer B&S over it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Body and Soul can be spammed if you're discipline, so I'd say it's a better option for them.

If you're holy, feathers are definitely the way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I use it to adjust people in Madness for tentacle slaps. I like everyone spread out, and a feather gives them sparkles! My group likes Sparkles.

And if someone gets a parasite, they get sparkles!

And when it's the fast bolt, I put them down near the farthest out folks so they can get to my Barrier more quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Pre-shield a tank on a fight with a ledge and let me know how he likes B&S.
Raid member/PvP team member needs a speed boost but has weakened soul, let me know how shielding them works out.
Need more speed boost than B&S provides? Gotta wait.

I know feathers have disadvantages, but those are a few of the reasons I went with them instead. The first wouldn't be an issue in a guild group as your tank will probably already know to look for the speed boost, but PuGs will be PuGs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
In DS, I use them to...
- Help the group move along faster to Zonoz/Yor trash
- Run to oozes quicker
- Run to stack quicker on Zonozz or to tentacles
- Faster movement from 3rd to 4th plat on Madness

And just various times for myself, when I want to stack up for onslaughts quicker and position myself wherever faster for Spirit Shell blanketting..etc.

I've learned not to use it on Hagara for the most part, people seem to get themselves killed when not realizing they ran over a random speed buff lol.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Feathers blow if you are using the Mind Flay glyph since it won't overwrite the glyph's buff. I prefer B&S because I can macro it to cancelaura.

Still curious if Blizz will ever address that bug.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I was doing WSG on my paladin healer and there was one other healer on our side a priest. We were both running with the flag carrier and the priest kept throwing down feathers in front of us as we ran.

But my paladin has the passive speed talent so I was often slightly ahead of them. I kept accidentally taking the feathers lol. i did try not to but I was busy watching out, healing and running and they are placed without warning smack in front of me its hard to avoid lol

I think that is what bothers me the random factor of it. If I need the speed buff or if I want a specific person to get it then it is much nicer with the B&S. But they are neat to play with lol

If I really just need any random person to move fast towards an area I think it will be nice.

Then again my priest is disc so I love to bubble everyone lol
Edited by Trusin on 9/14/2012 1:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I can't use the feather effictively in PVP. Just very hard to aim and run and cast a feather at the same time. I prefer BS doing holy PVP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]