MoP - Yay and Nay

85 Night Elf Druid
I am still on the fence. I haven't bought it yet and I am still wavering if I will from day to day. I did not play beta but I started following forum reports the last month or so, and now that 5.04 arrived I am starting to form more distinct impressions. Right now here are the tug of war forces yanking me around.

Yay

• <3 you all - I love the Zoo. I love my friends here. It is very hard to imagine leaving this great place. Wait. The people. Cho'gall does sort of suck.
  • Happy Tree - I haven't played enough to figure everything out but RDruid PVP seems fun again. I am definitely overdoing it because I forget to heal (oops) but Wild Charge is a blast. It's... the Resto Druid Flying Circus!
  • Bowling - All-Druid Bowling League is too epic! Without HGWT it is gonna be hard to come up with new ideas though. Perhaps I can try again to get the Thunderlord druids to come bowling.

Nay

• MoP - I look at the stuff promised; Pandas, Monks, Pet Battles; and there is not much there to get me excited. I felt much the same when Cata released and I took a break.
  • Fixing Cho'gall - Blizz developers had promised us "bold" changes to help fix realms like ours. Now they have clarified cross-realm zoning is our "fix" for now. All this does is make it worse for our economy. But Blizz also opened the door a crack saying they may look to boost low-pop economies with cross-realm AH systems in the "future". Not what I hoped for at all right now. :(
  • Burn out - I really am not looking forward to the leveling, gear and professions grinds again. Right now I am trying to fight this feeling by promising myself I will NOT level all those alts and profs on my other server.

I am also thinking of other options. I keep thinking LoTRO would be a fun relaxing break if I could just go back to farming some taters and immerse myself in that world before The Hobbit comes out. Also people are telling me I should just abandon ship here and go all in on Guild Wars 2. I gotta admit GW2 game design principles are set up as if they stole my personal pet peeve list for WoW. Friends in both games are saying just give it up here because Cho'gall will never be fixed.

So what do you all think about MoP? Yay or Nay?
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Luna if you do go to another game please let me know which one. I will follow ( I swear I"m not stalking you...really.) I'm getting a bit burned out with WoW also but I can still find things to do that keep me interested.
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    09/12/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Pinoak
    Luna if you do go to another game please let me know which one. I will follow ( I swear I"m not stalking you...really.) I'm getting a bit burned out with WoW also but I can still find things to do that keep me interested.

I won't be going anywhere just yet because I am still sitting on an unused 60-day game card, even if I stop the credit card payments.

But I will add one other "Nay" item that bugs me a lot right now, much like it did pre-Cata. This 5.04 patch feels too much like an unfinished Beta that is being rushed to launch. The CRZ bugs are ridiculous. On principle it makes me want to sit tight on buying MoP until they can prove it is a working game.

Shaaba stopped by last week to say GW2 is awesome. Maybe we can stalk her together? :)
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warrior
    All of my yes for MoP. All of it.

First off: http://i.imgur.com/OrqdT.jpg

I am going to look pretty awesome as a panda.

Second: it's not Cataclysm. Cata ended up being a very disjointed expansion due to everything being all over the place. Having a unified theme and it being just one continent is a huge thing just by itself. Plus, Pandaria is gorgeous.

Third: more PvE content and Ulduar-style hard modes. Plus, the second raid is supposed to be one big raid like Ulduar going by the AMA they had yesterday on Reddit and recent Twitter posts. That makes me excited.

Fourth: PET BATTLES. POKEMANS IN MY WARCRAFTS.

All in all, I'm excited for Cata to be over and Pandas to start.

Also, having played the MoP content, I can tell you it's pretty dang fun.
    Edited by Samayael on 9/12/2012 11:41 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    I personally started losing interest pretty early into the second raiding tier, but the new expansion seems pretty fun. More single and small group play (with pokemon and challenge dungeons), as well as new pvp battlegrounds which aren't just reskins of the same game (AB = Eots = Gilneas). Those are the main reasons I bought the expansion, there's also more nerd points to be getting.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    09/12/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Samayael
    Plus, Pandaria is gorgeous.

This. 1000x this. Pandaria is amazing. I will spend more time just flying around looking at the world than doing anything else for the first month of two of MoP.

09/12/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Samayael
    Also, having played the MoP content, I can tell you it's pretty dang fun.

I couldn't agree more. I am super excited for the raids in MoP, especially the end tiers!!!!!

HOWEVER (here comes a small rant.) I refuse to actually buy the expansion until they fix the CRZ bugs. It started with terrible lag and skill spam every time I entered a new zone. Then Monday came, and I now DISCONNECT EVERY TIME I ENTER A NEW ZONE OR HAVE A LOADING SCREEN. Seriously, there is no point in even logging on right now.
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Hunter
    I only play mainly how much of a disappointment Diablo 3 was, I didn't like the way the talents were being done. Seeing WoW's talent tree headed into a similar direction, this kinda worries me a little. Though, it seems that with every expansion, the talent tree has always been revamped, but with this being such a short xpac, I really don't see the justification for it.

Another thing that really bothered me with this xpac was the simple fact that epic gems only dropped from raid bosses and not in LFR. In Wrath there was actually a gem vendor where you could just buy the gem you needed/wanted.

I think part of the reason I still even have a sub is to post on the WoW forums the other is to chat with the people still in this glorified chat program.

With school coming up (started this week) along with work and my dance classes, I don't have much free time to play and will more than likely be playing very light till Dec.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    I'm actually really looking forward to MoP, I love exploring in games, and the fact that we wont have flying until 90 in MoP will make exploring more exciting again.

Plus I've been fairly burnt out on WoW lately, mainly because I've been so damn busy with work, then training when I don't have work. So really when I get home and have spare time, I just want to relax with my gf or my buddies (I do consider quite a few of you guys here on chogall to be actual friends, which is the main reason I log on still).

So MoP will feel very fresh and new to me, which is what I need to have the enthusiasm to be online more often. So I'm very excited!

Also, Chogall without Lunasea would feel very weird to me :P. It did when you took your break during early Cata. I still remember the first time I saw you when you came back was you running through uldum with 2 hordies chasing you

You were one of the first people to be nice to me here back in WotLK (Girlrage being the first :P) and were one of the 3 people who would actually acknowledge my existence for awhile (Along with Girlrage and Ava :P). You 3 are the ones who got me comfortable enough to start talking a lot here haha

I'm rambling, I'll shush :P
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Rogue
    Honestly Pandaria was one of two reasons I subbed (the other being my RL friends subbed and our guild is up and running again, I kept running into jerks in other guilds and it was a gfactor in why I took a break), and I will definitely be playing. However, I am not a big fan of most of the changes that have been implemented on live. I hope the beautiful scenery and challenge mode dungeons ( I don't have time too raid as often as I used to, and challenge modes have me really excited). Redeems my problems with the talent trees and cross realm zones.
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    I've already bought it. I'm one that plays games until they shut the servers off though. So....

Anyway I've enjoyed the game from the very beginning when I was getting killed on my lowbie mage in the barrens all the time. Dealing with all the changes from BC till now and trying to find something in the game to keep it enjoyable for me.

I guess I'm one of those weird solo players in an MMORPG and am ok with it. The Zoo has been what this game has been about for me from the very beginning. The community. I decided once I joined up with Cho'gall, The Zoo and CSS, I would not be going back to my main horde characters from Vanilla. This is my home and I decided to stick it out through thick and thin, adapting with the changes and being there for anybody who could use my help. Call me strange but I guess it really doesn't matter what they do to the game, I'll be here.

Much like the prior expansions I'll probably avoid leveling and any of the new zones for the first couple months and just sit back and see what other people are doing and work on skills or rep or something. It's just what I do.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Quite possibly the best this game has been since BC (outside of Ulduar/ICC). Can't wait.
    Reply Quote
    86 Draenei Shaman
    There's this new game called Call of Duty, you might have heard of it. There's also a new one coming in 2 months. It's better than WoW will ever be. This game has gotten worse since BC.
    Reply Quote
    86 Draenei Shaman
    Practice makes perfect ;)
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Hopefully i'll actually see a The Zoo druid... for being pvper/ gankers you guys are elusive
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    09/13/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Clockwerk
    Hopefully i'll actually see a The Zoo druid... for being pvper/ gankers you guys are elusive

I'm pretty sure you must be blind!
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    09/13/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Clockwerk

We are usually on the prowl with our warbear woolies!
    Warbear Woolies
    Edited by Bryaugh on 9/13/2012 8:49 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]