Patch Error (Corrupt File?)

90 Orc Death Knight
The launcher's download of the patch got stuck at 79% with 525kb remaining. I let it sit there for a good 5 minutes for good measure (should have taken less than a second in reality) but nothing happened. So I closed the launcher.

Now when I start the launcher I get the following error message:

ERROR: The file "<path>\World of Warcraft\Updates\wow-0-16048-Win-final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Anybody? :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Oh yup I got that too nbd
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Same here
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
ERROR: The file "<path>\World of Warcraft\Updates\wow-0-16048-Win-final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt.

Go to the Updates folder indicated and delete the file indicated.

Then open from the Launcher.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Well now, I've done what Bluspacecow has stated to do and it reloaded to about 91.5% and slowly diminished the download rate to kbps to bps to nothing now. Now going to close the browser again and try again to reload. hopefully it works. Can't play and not very happy right now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm having the exact same problem my self today. I've tried all the solutions above and still no luck. Makes me wonder why I pay to play every month and half the time I can't even play due to patch's errors or realm restarts. Oh well Guess I'll keep looking for a solution.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Worked for me. Except mine was 16357. Deleted it in my folder, rebooted the launcher, and presto! Works like a charm.
Reply Quote
68 Draenei Shaman
Sorry to continue a necro-post, but I'm having the same issue. Downloader stopped @ 87.6% (I figured it was because of my crappy internet at the moment...), then when I closed WoW and reopened, got the corrupt file error. So I deleted it from the updates folder.

Tried again, got to 92.5% this time. So I deleted the file again, got to 100% and played.

Just keep trying and it should work eventually.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Had the same problem. I was getting angry because I kept deleting the download folder then I realized that I was in a wow beta folder even though I we through the whole open the file location thing. So just go to " you your computer" go to the search bar up top delete what in it and type in some thing like this C:\Users . then navigate you your public folder go to games then Wow from there and delete the trouble file. Hope it helps.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
thanks for help
Reply Quote
72 Dwarf Shaman
TY! This fixed it for me. (deleting updates folder)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thank you Bluspacecow, your recommendation worked for me as well.
Reply Quote
51 Draenei Monk
While this is a necro thread, it is a relevant one.

I was having the same problem literally just now. The launcher stopped downloaded at 78.9% and hadn't changed status after an hour. I closed the launcher, reopened and got the aforementioned error. I followed Bluespacecow's advice and it fixed the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Works
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]