4 8 15 16 23 42

So I've been watching the TV show LOST here lately and it really has me captivated. I am on the 2nd season and can't believe that I never watched this show. Anyone else out there a fan of the show?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I was a fan until the last episode.

Ending sucked.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Episode 9 of season 3 was just awful.

The rest of it was some of the best television I've seen.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Liked the 1st season, sorta lost (lol wasnt a pun) interest during season 2 but I did watch the last episode & was confused as heck.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
it's not the greatest show but it is a lot of fun
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Was a great show for a few seasons.

While many may not agree with me, and I, too, watched until the last episode, it suffered the typical JJ Abrams "answer one question and pose 10 more" syndrome (Alias, Fringe, etc.)... and far too much of it at the end.

I was heavily into Lost back in the day, and I used to frequent message boards that the producers and writers sometimes posted on.

Around the time season three or four was airing, there was a discussion with a couple of the producers online in which they went ahead and formally "discredited" some of the conspiracy theories that were popular at the time.

One of those theories that was shot down by the producers turned out to be exactly what the whole thing ended up being.

IMHO, it was a great premise and should have lasted three or four seasons.
Edited by Breakbeat on 9/14/2012 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage

Around the time season three or four was airing, there was a discussion with a couple of the producers online in which they went ahead and formally "discredited" some of the conspiracy theories that were popular at the time.

One of those theories that was shot down by the producers turned out to be exactly what the whole thing ended up being.

They would tho.
They wouldnt say "wow... omg.. no need to watch any more shows cause you guess how it ends.". They would say "no no thats NEVER gonna happen. Dont tell anyone but the polar bears take over the island" to throw people off.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

They would tho.
They wouldnt say "wow... omg.. no need to watch any more shows cause you guess how it ends.". They would say "no no thats NEVER gonna happen. Dont tell anyone but the polar bears take over the island" to throw people off.

Yeah. I guess what I was getting at is that there really isn't a reason in the first place to have an online chat, or a podcast or whatever, and say, "yes, we formally discredit these 10 theories" while there are a hundred more they didn't bother to mention.

If they had it written/decided at that point, what's the point of going online to discredit what they had written? To throw us off the trail? Maybe. If it was my call, I would have not touched the subject at all, or at least stayed away from the theory that I knew to be the correct one. Why pique the interest of the online community if you're just going to let them down in the end?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]