MIA: Glyph of Focus

Hello,

I do not have beta access on this toon so I will post here, hopefully someone will reiterate my concerns on the beta class thread.

Very simple request for developers: bring back glyph of focus. You have asked what we want to see for glyphs. My answer is an old glyph that still has a place for moonkins.

10% damage increase or not, I don't care. The reduced range would be amazing for fights like Wind Lord and Tsulong and any 5man dungeon. Currently a moonkin's starfall is a huge liability on any fight with cc.

Blizzard doesn't want glyphs to be mandatory as a dps increase. Glyph of Focus is not. It would be used on a fight per fight basis and is something I want added back to my toolkit.

Please advocate for this glyph to be returned, anyone that can post on beta/development glyphs.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
agree
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Very much agreed. A lot of people advocated for this for a long time on the beta forums. We just kind of, well... gave up. After repeatedly saying moonkin glyph options are terrible, glyph of focus was a good glyph, we need more options, we have ZERO DPS glyph options (moonbeast is only an incidental DPS increase), etc, we got no response on the glyph front whatsoever.
Reply Quote
Glyphs aren't meant to be a dps increase anymore. They are for QoL issues or to change your playstyle more for a particular fight. I am assuming you mean then a glyph to change a dps spell (an example of a glyph like this is glyph of shadow bolt) which isn't mandatory, but can be nice to have depending on the fight.

I would like to see this thrown to the devs until we get a yes/no for glyph of focus. They have asked what we like/don't like about glyphs atm and this is it.

Highest priority would be glyph of focus, secondly address the stampede and stampeding roar glyph. Glyph are meant to be a hard decision, but we shouldn't need to use 2 glyphs to make one utility spell easier to use in raids.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
FYI - Starfall is supposed to ignore target's you aren't n combat with, but this hasn't been the case.

They should just make a Starfall glyph a DOT-like effect, which still obeys the suppression clause.
Reply Quote
FYI - Starfall is supposed to ignore target's you aren't n combat with, but this hasn't been the case.

They should just make a Starfall glyph a DOT-like effect, which still obeys the suppression clause.

I agree, if a target is cc'ed, however, you're still going to be in combat with it.
This is really getting annoying, an issue that was supposed to be fixed sometime after cata launch I believe, and after the change was implemented it had no affect whatsoever on starfall breaking ccs or pulling mobs. The only thing the change accomplished was not pulling passive npcs (still pulls any agressive NPCs in a 40 yard range regardless of their combat status or whether they are cc'ed).
Edited by Pathoroman on 9/13/2012 5:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sorry to be annoying, but I think this is a very important concern. Starfall as it stands currently is fundamentally broken and I want more control of one of my strongest spells. I would like to keep this thread and the 5.0 guide near the top of the thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]