How can people be happy with dks?

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Personally I really like what they did to DKs. From what I've seen, we have the least of the "pointless" talents that it feels like other classes got. Having to choose between the revamped Blood Tap and Runic Empowerment sucks a little, but I honestly haven't seen any major problems with rune regen (not a lot of dead time). I really like Death's Advance and the change to Death Pact (not killing our minion), a bit "meh" on the whole Lichborne/AMZ /Purgatory tier of talents, but overall I think we have it pretty good.

The one major thing I do hate though is the amazing decrease in gold drops from old school raid farming. At least getting paid well was a nice consolation to not getting my xmog drops...ever.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Blood is just fine. 2h frost is where it's at. Glyphs are definitely lacking; the fact that I can tank optimally with zero glyphs makes me very sad.
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Hunter
Personally I really like what they did to DKs. From what I've seen, we have the least of the "pointless" talents that it feels like other classes got. Having to choose between the revamped Blood Tap and Runic Empowerment sucks a little, but I honestly haven't seen any major problems with rune regen (not a lot of dead time). I really like Death's Advance and the change to Death Pact (not killing our minion), a bit "meh" on the whole Lichborne/AMZ /Purgatory tier of talents, but overall I think we have it pretty good.

The one major thing I do hate though is the amazing decrease in gold drops from old school raid farming. At least getting paid well was a nice consolation to not getting my xmog drops...ever.

What you just said, is articulate, it is intelligent, and it is logical. There's not a thing wrong with what you just said and god bless you for claiming that right.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
what will be cool to have as frost is HC as our CC or a fear for unholy.
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
PvE.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really impressed with remorseless winter as many people out there... I mean, it will probably shine on bgs, but in arenas... I just would prefer a instant 1 target HC...

Other than that, I really like that we have to choose between Blood Tap/RC/RE (Death Pact and Death's Advance are a must for me), it's exactly what blizzard intended with the new talent system.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
PIE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cake
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The changes to blood tap, and taking it away as a baseline ability is crap
Our glyphs are a joke
Most of our talents are a joke
Taking away hunger cold is complete bs, our only cc now is a stun, which is a talent that replaces one of our key abilities
DW frost is like hitting with a wet noodle

I feel like a squishy pre-MoP warlock now.

DKs got the shaft hard this expansion. How can ANYONE be happy with them in their current state? Honest question. Maybe I just suck.

You are bad and should feel bad
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
The changes to blood tap, and taking it away as a baseline ability is crap
Our glyphs are a joke
Most of our talents are a joke
Taking away hunger cold is complete bs, our only cc now is a stun, which is a talent that replaces one of our key abilities
DW frost is like hitting with a wet noodle

I feel like a squishy pre-MoP warlock now.

DKs got the shaft hard this expansion. How can ANYONE be happy with them in their current state? Honest question. Maybe I just suck.

Yep... You summed it all up with, "Maybe I just suck."
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
You forgot to mention how easy our rotation is
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Yeah cuz the 65k oblit crits I was getting last night using 2h frost with my lower end gear is a wet noodle
Reply Quote
09/13/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Delrancho
Blood is just fine. 2h frost is where it's at. Glyphs are definitely lacking; the fact that I can tank optimally with zero glyphs makes me very sad.

Yes you can tank completely trivial content with no glyphs. Would you like a golf clap in your honor?
Reply Quote
The point of the new glyphs is to be situational. The point of my response is that the guy isn't even finished T13 with 35% nerfs and the MoP prepatch and he is complaining how he can do it all with no glyphs. Big deal.

The new Death Coil glyph is amazing. DKs always pine for more raid utility and now we have more.
The new Dark Simu glyph is awesome.
Corpse explosion looks hilarious for 5 man (havent tried it yet)
Shifting Presence is seriously cool for easing tank swaps
Death and Decay is an amazing glyph, I have already tested out kiting with it and used it on Madness as an additional slow in P2
Icy Touch can dispel now when glyphed ... that's !@#$ing awesome

I think people are misunderstanding the new glyphs. I hear these DK complaining but the complaints are exactly the same as what the other classes are saying about glyphs as well. Everything is much more situational now and there's no "glyph this and HS does 10% more damage" super obvious choices, which I think is a good thing. A super obvious choice is not a choice at all and that is a recurring theme within Blizzard's changes for MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Icy touch is a must have glyph for PvP, it dispels it's amazing.
Reply Quote
09/15/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Chunty
Icy touch is a must have glyph for PvP, it dispels it's amazing.

It could possibly be huge in 5 man as well. It puts us almost on par with the coolness of Warr shield slam (which they have to glyph now as well)

Oh and I forgot Glyph of IBF ... obviously the bomb for tanking Madness but could be verrrrry interesting for new content in the same way. Certainly more interesting than Warr's glyph of shield wall which was useless before and didn't change haha :D

DK are looking good to me, but perhaps I am ever the optimist
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Death Knight
I use DnD, AMS and Death Grip for my 3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]