Potential Transfer

90 Pandaren Warrior
I used to like Loot Council and Suicide Kings, but I've come to feel that there's just no reason to have player input in looting *so long as your player's agree that loot should be given based on progression over reward*.

Loot Dictatorship is the best system for serious progression guilds... and to be honest, when guilds like Blood Legion, Method, etc... say they use DKP / Loot Council / whatever... it's not, it's a Loot Dictatorship during progression. I don't care how much DKP you have, you're not getting a 2-piece as a healer in a top guild before the DPS.

Loot dictatorship seems like it would only work with them since they are that good and focus on progression to that level, I like loot council because if you have officers with a sound mind chances are it will go to the best person possible, IMO its second best to dictatorship.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
I used to like Loot Council and Suicide Kings, but I've come to feel that there's just no reason to have player input in looting *so long as your player's agree that loot should be given based on progression over reward*.

Loot Dictatorship is the best system for serious progression guilds... and to be honest, when guilds like Blood Legion, Method, etc... say they use DKP / Loot Council / whatever... it's not, it's a Loot Dictatorship during progression. I don't care how much DKP you have, you're not getting a 2-piece as a healer in a top guild before the DPS.

Loot dictatorship seems like it would only work with them since they are that good and focus on progression to that level, I like loot council because if you have officers with a sound mind chances are it will go to the best person possible, IMO its second best to dictatorship.

Well in all honestly it really only works at that level of progression. That's more than just hardcore progression. Many of those are sponsored teams. Not all, but many. They take days off from work, etc. Personally, I love competition and I enjoy the thrill of firsts, but I remember it will all be deleted and forgotten one day. I guess they'll do it while they can as will I, but on a much smaller scale.

For average hardcore guilds loot dictatorship doesn't work because of recruitment. The normal player is skeptical of someone else selecting their gear for them. SK, DKP, etc are better for those guilds imo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
09/15/2012 09:41 PMPosted by Endoure
THIS IS A HELLHOLE WHATEVER YOU DO DONT COME TO SHANDRIS

LOL
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
No, honestly do you want to join a guild where people you don't know are selecting the loot you receive?

It has nothing to do with realm size. It has to do with trust. I like progressing as much as the next, but when a handful control the means to the end I better know them well. This idea that it just works is flawed and illogical.

It works for the top guilds simply because they have no choice. Gear has to be second immediately or else they waste too much time. Walk up to a group of people and ask them if they'd like you choosing what they wear for the next few months. Check their responses. That's the kind of thought line you find with normal raiders about loot council. Now think if you're good friends. I think you'd be a bit more likely to give them a chance. Also if you don't understand my class you can kiss it. Even with a loot council members may be ignorant.
Edited by Alsoria on 9/16/2012 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
09/16/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Alsoria
Even with a loot council members may be ignorant.

While in some cases that may be true I'll use an example from dragon soul.

Shadow priest and boomkin link their trinket and when they last got loot
Boomkin-Lfr cunning 2 weeks ago
Demo lock-Normal Necromantic focus but got loot last week

Who would it go to? The shadow priest uses shadow damage and his shadowform talent increases the damage the trinket itself does. Sure the boomy might be a little bummed out he didn't get a trinket but any player worth their salt will know things like this such as,

unholy dks/warrior>ret pallies on gurth

Ele shammy>others on Lightning pulse capacitator.

And the bigger one where there are big dps checks and they get priority on loot early in progression where it isn't necessary to have healers geared.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
An illogical fear? How long have you been playing this game? I've seen enough to have good enough reason to dislike Loot Council. It isn't logical when it's founded in the realm of . Your problem is your entire idea revolves around what top guilds do. Top guilds work quite differently than the other guilds. Again, I let them do as they please. I don't intend to sacrifice my job just for world firsts. You seem to like that. And this argument is taking place on Shandris...so that's another topic entirely.

I'll agree to disagree with you from the length of my play time. I've seen it all. My trust is thin on loot. And in the end it is what works for the guild. Not what works for the top guilds. The top guilds are a small percentage. And I doubt I'll see pre-nerf heroics, but I set those goals anyway. Why sell yourself short? Plus I think we had a blue confirm challenge modes won't be nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
There are dozens of ways that guilds decide to hand out loot; from a simple group loot (roll need on items you want) to a single player dictating who gets what. I think that it's hard to say what the "correct" way is. You can weigh the pros and cons and try to present evidence that one way has more benefits than another, but at the end of the day... it comes down to preference. Verdict has a system in place, but honestly... The 10-12 guys we have in the core group all have a very similar mindset. We want to progress as far as possible, as fast as possible. And because of that, I've seen our loot system kind of fly out the window at times in exchange for 2-3 people conversing about the fact that a certain piece of loot will obviously benefit the raid more if *insert name here* (Code) got it. For several months now, we've had a pretty great vibe going, and loot drama is typically far far far from anyone's mind. For example, I know that the guild leadership is planning on gearing up dps at a higher priority than healers (in a general sense). So that will definitely affect our looting system from time to time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
09/16/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Alsoria
Plus I think we had a blue confirm challenge modes won't be nerfed.

Anyone who has played WoW for any significant amount of time knows that the chances of Blizz *not* caving in to QQ threads demanding nerfs is slim to none. HOWEVER, the idea of challenge modes being significantly harder than HM raids, and them "promising" that they will never be nerfed is extremely exciting to me, and it's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most about MoP
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
09/16/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Justinsane
Plus I think we had a blue confirm challenge modes won't be nerfed.

Anyone who has played WoW for any significant amount of time knows that the chances of Blizz *not* caving in to QQ threads demanding nerfs is slim to none. HOWEVER, the idea of challenge modes being significantly harder than HM raids, and them "promising" that they will never be nerfed is extremely exciting to me, and it's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most about MoP

Oh, I know that. However, I think this is one they may stick by. LFR, Normal, and Heroic may all be nerfed, but as the blue attempted to state they have no current intentions of nerfing Challenges. I hope they don't touch them. By the looks of recruitment finding the rest to hit pre-nerfs is going to be hard so I'm banking on Challenge modes for the real experience.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK

Oh, I know that. However, I think this is one they may stick by. LFR, Normal, and Heroic may all be nerfed, but as the blue attempted to state they have no current intentions of nerfing Challenges. I hope they don't touch them. By the looks of recruitment finding the rest to hit pre-nerfs is going to be hard so I'm banking on Challenge modes for the real experience.

Birds fly.
Bees sting.
Blizzard nerfs the hell out of things they said they wouldn't nerf.

It is INEVITABLE that challenge modes will be nerfed. I'm sure they'll come up with some "well thought out and meaningful" reasoning for it - y'know, Heroic Rag was never meant to be defeated with the triforce strategy, so obviously we should remove the entire mechanic - but at the end of the day anyone who thinks Blizzard won't "tune" challenge modes is living in a state of sin.

Because you live a year in the future. You don't know. I agree Blizzard nerfs most things. However, how many reg raiding guilds are going to get past Heroic? Or how many are going to have little burnout to push Challenges? Too many questions to be answered that none of us can answer. Don't assume anything.

And in my opinion you have a fundamental problem. You can't see past your "top guild" responses. And I've seen enough top guilds fall. I've seen them combine, reform, reshape, fall in rank, etc. Your point of view is so narrow minded. You should step down sometime and raid with guilds that don't have the same mindset. You might learn something.
Edited by Alsoria on 9/16/2012 6:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
The blizzard developers looked like they were very excited about challenge modes and I personally think they wont cave in, everyone will have equal gear so it all comes down to skill. It's something people don't HAVE to do to get better at raiding or pvp just like collecting pets/mounts or getting farming nerd points.

Getting Mimirons head nowadays you think wow look at that guy I wonder how many times he banged his head against the wall running that same instance again and again, I feel the same could apply to challenge modes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
While I agree that guilds should fail. I see that the point of view that LC is the only way for a progression to keep up is flawed. We'll have to disagree there. I've done a modified SK system and been a part of the top Alliance guild here in BC. We weren't ultra competitive..that was Recount...but we did well. I enjoyed the competition and wouldn't mind being apart of something similar in MoP. Therefore, I'm wishing Verdict and all other raiding guilds good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I think this is the third thread this month where someones looking to transfer/ LFG and some bickering breaks out...oh well, makes me feel good having the most nerd points as a poster in this thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]