Potential Transfer

90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
09/16/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Bôrra
I think this is the third thread this month where someones looking to transfer/ LFG and some bickering breaks out...oh well, makes me feel good having the most nerd points as a poster in this thread.

HAHA Well at least we only got one "Don't come to Shandris" post!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
HAHA Well at least we only got one "Don't come to Shandris" post!

Lol! Discouraging newcomers all day every day.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
everyone will have equal gear so it all comes down to skill.

If by "skill" you mean "class stacking, exploiting mob AI, and glitching out portions of encounters" then, yeah, sure.

I see that the point of view that LC is the only way for a progression to keep up is flawed.

It's a catch-22

If you can implement LC, you should because it's has massive advantages for progression guilds. If you can't implement LC, you have fundamental problems that will hurt your progression anyway.

So while there may be successful guilds that don't use LC during progression, those guilds are only hurting themselves by doing so... and the guilds that fail with LC would have failed anyway.

I'll agree to disagree again. RC went from Karazhan to ToC before merging with Last Call(I was gone before then). We did not use LC. We had progression bumps, but what guild didn't on Vashj or Kael'thas? Even if it was behind the curve I think we progressed well all things considered. Shandris is a BC server though so it was different than the servers that had been around since Vanilla.

LC is only an advantage when used properly. And that means everyone has to trust the leadership. That's hard to ask for in the average guild. In top line progression guilds your goal is world first. Didn't make it? You failed. I've watched a bit of Blood Legion's stuff. I've sat on other servers and watched LC loot drama rip a guild up. So I see it as a matter of trust and if you seriously think people trust you when they join you have another thing coming. All they know is you can raid. That's it. I bet you could ask some from other guilds than BL and they'll say the same. As long as the progression happens they are fine. They have people lining up to apply because of their status. Remove the status and leave the LC system and they'd be the same as any other guild struggling to recruit at the end of Cata.

Progression happens when the team is cohesive. That takes more than the loot system working properly or even the best gear.

(And that'll be it for me tonight. 7am est is calling...ugh)
Edited by Alsoria on 9/16/2012 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
09/16/2012 10:29 PMPosted by Subrosian
If by "skill" you mean "class stacking, exploiting mob AI, and glitching out portions of encounters" then, yeah, sure.

There will be no doubt it will be a large hassle, and world first heroic nef kill had 12 druids but whoever would call paragon a bunch of unskilled class stackers would be foolish. They found an advantage and took it.
Edited by Bôrra on 9/16/2012 11:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
09/17/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Subrosian
Maybe they are intended for Paragon... their guild has lost enough players that they might skip raiding entirely and just do dungeon challenges.... (not even kidding).
Would be something fresh and bring something to that community, I wouldn't be surprised to see a group of their members on leaderboards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]