What class are you just obliterating?

90 Human Warrior
Curious to know how other warriors are fairing 1v1 and what classes you are just destroying. Also list classes that you feel you're even with and classes that beat you with little or no effort.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Everything pretty much gets shredded. If I get good procs and crits it's just game over before it happens. Been really breaking healers with TFB procs when suddenly they get super bursted from 100% to dead. Lots of fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah, I was thinking more 1v1 type fights.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
dont think i have lost to a druid or a shaman 1v1 since patch, everything else kinda depends on the player
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Rogue
09/13/2012 01:51 AMPosted by Michaelocios
dont think i have lost to a druid or a shaman 1v1 since patch, everything else kinda depends on the player

druids and shamans always suck

just like mages and rogues always strong for pvp
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I'm finding it much easier to deal with DK's than before, but that might be just me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Obliterating? None tbh. Everything just seem harder. UH DK's just slam me most of the time, even if i pressure them, their self healing changes are just wow.

I beat ferals though. pretty hit and miss with boomkins and rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/12/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Warthane
Everything pretty much gets shredded. If I get good procs and crits it's just game over before it happens. Been really breaking healers with TFB procs when suddenly they get super bursted from 100% to dead. Lots of fun.

you faced a Holy Pally yet? I find they are next to impossible to kill. anything else depends on the player and what cds they have up on mine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
There is no way any warrior is obliterating any healer that has gear and is competent at their class. End of story.

As for other classes,

BM Hunters: Can pretty much stand right next to me the entire time and not worry about dieing with being able to root for 8 seconds and use two spirit beast heals.

Shadow Priests: I think I win about 30% of the time. They have tons of throughput that just can't be overcome yet.

Frost Mages: A really good frost mage just doesn't allow you to do any damage to him. I get in there sometimes though and wreck face.

Fire Mages: If I don't have my trinket they can kill me inside a sheep, deep freeze, impact, dragons breath. Had this happen in a duel and it was the suck!

DK's and Pally's: Pretty much the same they out heal my damage and whittle me down to 35% then burst me to dust.

Boomkin: I don't think I've had the pleasure of dueling one yet.

Feral: I fought one and beat him but I have a feral and destroyed a warrior too. So I don't know.

Rogue: Seems like the only class that I can beat consistantly but I haven't dueled that many yet so.... We'll see.

Shaman: Haven't fought any save resto.

Warlock: At about 50% wins I would say.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
"Everybody tell me what you're beating in 1v1."

*people post*

"Nah you guys aren't beating any of those. Here's what you're beating:"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Right?
Reply Quote
There is no way any warrior is obliterating any healer that has gear and is competent at their class. End of story.

True fact. Couple of really good warriors in my guild were dueling the extremely skilled healers we have. Only time the warrior got em down was if they made the healer run oom, and even during that time, the healer was able to keep a few offensives going on the warrior to do a little bit of damage
Reply Quote
From what I've heard and seen, Warriors are like Conan the !@#$ing Barbarian right now. They have had a much needed fix on their survivability (Second Wind), their huge mobility issues from Cata have been fixed so they're able to stand toe to toe with kiters a bit better, and their damage, from what I have been told, has been buffed as well.

TL;DR warriors got a good buff this xpac, they can stand good against most other DPS classes (except stealthers who get openers on them)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
From what I've heard and seen, Warriors are like Conan the !@#$ing Barbarian right now. They have had a much needed fix on their survivability (Second Wind), their huge mobility issues from Cata have been fixed so they're able to stand toe to toe with kiters a bit better, and their damage, from what I have been told, has been buffed as well.

TL;DR warriors got a good buff this xpac, they can stand good against most other DPS classes (except stealthers who get openers on them)

Warriors: Still at the bottom of the food chain.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
hey how do you put strength on your rings
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Love me some rogues right now
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

As for other classes,

BM Hunters: Can pretty much stand right next to me the entire time and not worry about dieing with being able to root for 8 seconds and use two spirit beast heals.

On my hunter, if I spec into narrow escape, I've found that I pretty much hard counter any melee class (not counting ferals) unless they get a really good jump on me. Of course, there are always those really good players who know their class/keybinds, and understand the tricks other players use, like the back of their hand etc.

The whole idea of calling multiple pets and whatnot might work for duels but not for bg's. It's not like you need to do all that to kill a warrior though.

But both of those scenarios feel really gimmicky to me. I think in arena hunters will want that faster deterrence a lot more than a cc that's only a counter to melee. And, as I said, the whole multiple pets idea pretty obviously a gimmick that works for duels.

I think warriors are in a good place right now compared to where they were before patch, although I haven't logged onto mine in awhile. If they have a healer at their back, they can rip face pretty quickly. On the other hand, they might have too many hard counters where other classes do not. Maybe blizz should give warriors a way to reduce that with some sort of ranged special.

On the other hand, they might just increase yalls burst, and I suppose that'll be sufficient.

Go beards!

edit: I think I've got a solution. Maybe blizz should change the name of spell reflect to just "reflect" and make it reflect ranged damage instead of just magical ranged damage. What do you think?
Edited by Nurb on 9/14/2012 10:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/14/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Michaelocios
hey how do you put strength on your rings

Enchanting
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Let me put it this way: I tried PvPing on my druid in full feral gear but specced resto. Warriors don't seem much of a threat.

Let me also put it another way: My warrior specs prot and in def. stance I still get torn up by any caster including all healers while I basically do 0 damage. So while maybe Arms/Fury does a lot more damage (which I doubt is really all that much), its survivability is total !@# and can be kited just as easily as before if not more.

My conclusion thus far: Warriors are still the worst class in the game...though maybe rogues and DK's are worse as they seem pretty ineffectual as well and don't have crazy self heals like dps paladins/druids/shaman.
Edited by Weepea on 9/15/2012 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warrior
I am liking my warr, sadly, when I log onto my H pally I still kite the s**t out of them and blow them up, lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]