IRL... How would we deal with Undeath?

90 Human Death Knight
so we have some undead running around.

are they sentient and rational? can they comunicate with the living?

if yes, then they should be afforded all the rights any other sentient and rational being able to comunicate with humans would expect.

if no, just follow any X of the Dead film plot line.

wouldn't happen, read my previous post on my lock Charliesheen
Edited by Gêedorah on 9/13/2012 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/13/2012 03:41 AMPosted by Lancalor
Have my name legally changed to "legend"

50 points to you sir
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/12/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Madisel
Lots of air freshener. Or possibly remove all flesh so that they can be nice clean skeletons, which are also generally less unpleasant-looking. Certainly, many people would act foolishly, but coexistence isn't inherently impossible.

This, the biggest problem you seem to have with them is their rotting flesh.

Oh, also, you totally left out the Lich King from your description.

Imagine a radical terrorist group released the biological weapon on an innocent city with the hopes of raising a mindless army/spreading anarchy, but thanks to the efforts of some of these infected citizens he is defeated and many break away from his control.

Suddenly they seem a bit more sympathetic, don't you think?

Minus all the rotting flesh they're just sentient skeletons, which can be cleaned or blinged out or whatever the hell else you want to do to them.

Would your bartender looking like one of those mannequins in Biology classrooms really bother you that much? What about your boss? Spouse? Kids?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Lots of air freshener. Or possibly remove all flesh so that they can be nice clean skeletons, which are also generally less unpleasant-looking. Certainly, many people would act foolishly, but coexistence isn't inherently impossible.

Imagine a radical terrorist group released the biological weapon on an innocent city with the hopes of raising a mindless army/spreading anarchy, but thanks to the efforts of some of these infected citizens he is defeated and many break away from his control.

Minus all the rotting flesh they're just sentient skeletons, which can be cleaned or blinged out or whatever the hell else you want to do to them.

Would your bartender looking like one of those mannequins in Biology classrooms really bother you that much? What about your boss? Spouse? Kids?

well you cant just "minus" rotting flesh. its still there, its still packed with various diseases.

and if they are being reanimated by a disease removing their flesh would kill them
Edited by Earthbreaka on 9/13/2012 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
7 Undead Warrior
Kill them before they kill us.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Kill them all.

Let God sort them out.

Also, why does this forum have a 'bastard progress meter' when loading a page?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I couldn't sleep last night. So, while on my recliner, cursing myself for not being able to sleep, I was contemplating my posts about Undead.

I have decided that from this moment on, I am 100% determined to exterminate all Undead from Azeroth, and any !@#$ers I find on Earth!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/13/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Draxonicar

What??? More sympathetic???

Ummm, YES! If my spouse died and was reanimated as an Undead corpse, even if her rotting flesh was "cleaned"? or "blinged out"? or she was a skeleton like in biology class? HELL YES it would bother me a great deal?
My children? YES!
I would want those who suffered and died, to be able to rest in peace. Everything we know about Undead is that when they are reanimated, they do loose some of their emotional capacity, even if they are intelligent.

Intelligence does NOT equal Emotional Stability.

Once 'animated' they would have natural instincts for self-preservation even it they do not have the capacity to emotionally handle or appreciate the fact that they are in fact DEAD and that Undeath is not part of the natural cycle of life and death and for everyone they are better off returning to their passing. That is how the world works and that is how the living who remain are able to retain an appreciation for life. With the appreciation that life ends, one gains a greater appreciation for the time they are alive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]