Underneath Tirisfal...

(Locked)

86 Troll Warrior
This subject has been consuming me. I'd like to hear peoples thoughts.

It has been confirmed it is not an old god.

Ny'alotha - Is a sunken city that Yogg-saron whispers about when you have that archaeology box when you try and open it.

In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep...
In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes...

I find it weird that the box of yogg-saron and the 'Whispering Forest' were both put into WoW during cataclysm.

HAS ANYONE TRIED TO OPEN THE BOX IN THE WHISPERING FOREST?? Please try if you have one and see what happens.

Tirisfal = Tyr's Fall. Thoughts? (Tyr, is one of the Titans watchers that was supposed to be watching Yogg-Saron in Ulduar, but yet, he wasn't there)

Bored at work, so been reading other posts(gettin info from them :D) and other information online.

Figured i'd bounce around ideas. Please someone try and open the box in whispering forest.
Edited by Danewb on 9/12/2012 1:14 PM PDT
90 Tauren Death Knight
Whatever is there, they are being quite cagey about it. It was pretty much the only question on the AMA last night that got the answer "We don't want to do this but. . .we're not saying. Not yet."

The fact that it isn't an Old God is very intriguing. As for what it could be, it's hard to say. A demon would probably be an anti-climax, so perhaps it is something we've never heard of?

Perhaps a gateway to the 'outside' dimension that the Old Gods originate from? That would be suitably terrifying.
Edited by Abal on 9/12/2012 1:16 PM PDT
86 Troll Warrior
Whatever is there, they are being quite cagey about it. It was pretty much the only question on the AMA last night that got the answer "We don't want to do this but. . .we're not saying. Not yet."

The fact that it isn't an Old God is very intriguing. As for what it could be, it's hard to say. A demon would probably be an anti-climax, so perhaps it is something we've never heard of?

Perhaps a gateway to the 'outside' dimension that the Old Gods originate from? That would be suitably terrifying.

Possibly the entrance to the Emerald Dream that the Old Gods used to corrupt it with the Nightmare? That could be what Ny'alotha actually is?

The Fact that the Faerie dragons are there doing something indicates that it has something to do with the Dream.

If Pandaria is an ancient continent, then it would have to have been shaped by the titans. Like the rest of Azeroth. There will be untouched secrets of the dream there.

I've wanted more interaction with the Emerald Dream since Vanilla :D

EDIT: Like you said, a Gateway to the origination of the Old Gods would also make perfect sense. Possibly why Sylvannas has grown to be even crazier then ever, and why she is upsessed with "whatever" is undernearth undercity ;)
Edited by Danewb on 9/12/2012 1:29 PM PDT
86 Troll Warrior
Anyone, thoughts?

gaaa
90 Tauren Death Knight
A connection to the Emerald Dream is certainly possible, given the activity of the Faerie Dragons. However, the source of the Nightmare has already been confirmed: the Rift of Alyn. When we combine this with the facts that we know N'Zoth is behind the Nightmare, there is a tear in reality called The Rift at the bottom of the Maelstrom, and Malfurion confirming in Stormrage that the source of the Nightmare's corruption is at the bottom of the ocean, we can conclude that the Rift of Alyn, and N'Zoth, are at the bottom of the ocean.
86 Troll Warrior
09/12/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Abal
A connection to the Emerald Dream is certainly possible, given the activity of the Faerie Dragons. However, the source of the Nightmare has already been confirmed: the Rift of Alyn. When we combine this with the facts that we know N'Zoth is behind the Nightmare, there is a tear in reality called The Rift at the bottom of the Maelstrom, and Malfurion confirming in Stormrage that the source of the Nightmare's corruption is at the bottom of the ocean, we can conclude that the Rift of Alyn, and N'Zoth, are at the bottom of the ocean.

Hmmm, fair enough.

I'm curious though, what sylvannas found under there. And what does Tyr have to do with it.
86 Troll Warrior
Also, If N'zoth is indead with the Rift underneath the maelstrom.

Then most definitly Azshara is involved?
90 Human Paladin
I'm going to go with this theory: What's underneath Tirisfal is what made the Old Gods interested in Azeroth, what made them come to this planet. It's also why the Titans didn't want to just re-orginate the planet to get rid of the Old Gods because they didn't want it to be free as it would be a bigger cleanup. The Sundering caused it to awaken temporally, causing the High Elves to go insane, before it deactivated/fell asleep. The Shattering caused it to reawaken and the Farie Dragons are helping it to deactivatve/fall alseep. My theory at least.
86 Troll Warrior
09/12/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Gabath
I'm going to go with this theory: What's underneath Tirisfal is what made the Old Gods interested in Azeroth, what made them come to this planet. It's also why the Titans didn't want to just re-orginate the planet to get rid of the Old Gods because they didn't want it to be free as it would be a bigger cleanup. The Sundering caused it to awaken temporally, causing the High Elves to go insane, before it deactivated/fell asleep. The Shattering caused it to reawaken and the Farie Dragons are helping it to deactivatve/fall alseep. My theory at least.

Interesting theory homie, I've never thought of that actually. Whatever is underneath Tirisfal could absolutely be what the old gods were orginally here for.

And if it made the highborne crazy, that could be why Sylvannas is getting more and more spychotic. And why she has kept whatever is underneath UC such a secret!!

Come on people, if you have theories, thoughts, just a small idea lets see what we can piece together!!
90 Human Paladin
09/12/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Danewb
I'm curious though, what sylvannas found under there

I don't think she found anything. At least not anything that I heard of.

09/12/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Danewb
And what does Tyr have to do with it.

Nothing. People were just going how Tirisfal sounds like Tyr's Fall and that snowballed. Tyr never felled. He lost his right hand to Yogg'Saron but didn't die or was defeated.
86 Troll Warrior
I don't think she found anything. At least not anything that I heard of.

She took Koltira underneath undercity to do something....

Nothing. People were just going how Tirisfal sounds like Tyr's Fall and that snowballed. Tyr never felled. He lost his right hand to Yogg'Saron but didn't die or was defeated.

Tyr was supposed to be guarding Yogg-Saron but he wasn't in Ulduar. That just confuses me lol.
Edited by Danewb on 9/12/2012 3:28 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
09/12/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Danewb
She took Koltira underneath undercity to do something....

Oh that! Yeah she just torturing him until he breaks and becomes her very own Mograine/Saurfang.

09/12/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Danewb
Tyr was supposed to be guarding Yogg-Saron but he wasn't in Ulduar. That just confuses me lol.

My theory is that Ulduar wasn't the first Old God prison to be corrupted. Another one was and Tyr went to help them.

Remember Titan Watchers don't just die(they're the closest thing to Titans on the planet). When we killed Loken, Alargon was sent to investigate. Tyr was the first line of defense against Yogg'Saron, if he died I'm sure Alargon would've been sent much sooner.
90 Tauren Hunter
Remember Titan Watchers don't just die(they're the closest thing to Titans on the planet). When we killed Loken, Alargon was sent to investigate. Tyr was the first line of defense against Yogg'Saron, if he died I'm sure Alargon would've been sent much sooner.

Execpt Loken was stated to be the leader of the Watchers, and the commander of Ulduar, so the emergancy command was planted in Loken.
86 Troll Warrior
Oh that! Yeah she just torturing him until he breaks and becomes her very own Mograine/Saurfang.

How do we know this? I don't know so I ask :)

I mean, since she took him down there, she has gone more and more increasingly choatic and psycho. She found something!!!
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/12/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Gruffe

Execpt Loken was stated to be the leader of the Watchers, and the commander of Ulduar, so the emergancy command was planted in Loken.

Loken was the leader of all titan facilities on Azeroth. He just didn't do his job, and used his job's perks to build an evil army.

So, yes, the signal was only tied to him.
Edited by Pumlaxer on 9/12/2012 4:29 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
09/12/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Danewb

How do we know this? I don't know so I ask :)

I mean, since she took him down there, she has gone more and more increasingly choatic and psycho. She found something!!!

Is this torturing of Koltira a quest or is it in the novels, because now I'm very, very intruigued by the lore implications of something being underneath undercity. That's pretty deep underground, first thing I think of is the city of the old ones from "into the mountains of madness". The Lovecraftian references attatched to the old gods have huge potential for mystery. I only wish we could see more of N'zoth.
63 Draenei Paladin
Whispering Forest= "There is a little lamb lost in dark woods... " "Look around... They will all betray you... Flee screaming into the black forest... "
Y'shaarj and his seven heads(which apparently are connected to the Sha)= "Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside."

Either the 7th Head(Sha) or the Sha of Fear(he kills the trees in the Dread Waste)= "The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow. "
Edited by Archpaladin on 9/16/2012 2:05 AM PDT
90 Worgen Warlock
Doesn't have to be Old God related. Might be something to do with the Legion. I think whatever is down there is "too close to the surface" to be an Old God. If it were an Old God would be on some sort of huge complex like Ulduar.

But Tyr... what if he's corrupted and were encaged under Tirisfal?

Ny'alotha - Is a sunken city that Yogg-saron whispers about when you have that archaeology box when you try and open it.

In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep...
In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes...

This is probably related to some Highborne city. Related to naga and the pact Azshara made with the Old Gods.

Some people just don't seem to be able to compare correctly what the Forsaken have done before and after.

Just because they're getting rid of the Alliance or any enemies within their territory by whatever means they see fit doesn't make her, nor them, "ohcrazymadkilkill!!11!!".

Nothing changed. The Forsaken uses the same methods as they have already used. They got their vengeance, but they have no intention to throw themselves on fire, so now their focus is survival.

09/16/2012 01:51 AMPosted by Senorbob
Is this torturing of Koltira a quest or is it in the novels, because now I'm very, very intruigued by the lore implications of something being underneath undercity. That's pretty deep underground, first thing I think of is the city of the old ones from "into the mountains of madness". The Lovecraftian references attatched to the old gods have huge potential for mystery. I only wish we could see more of N'zoth.

Quest. In Andorhal.
90 Dwarf Warrior
Hakkar's twin brother?
90 Night Elf Mage
I read somewhere that Tirisfal Glades can't be fully healed and Krasus Chamber is speculated to be under the Whispering Forest.

All the Ley Energies and the Faerie Dragons in the Whispering Forest makes me think that the beings from the Emerald Dream and trying to heal the land do the energies from beneath Krasus chamber are counter attacking with the link between the Emerald dream that seems to be affecting the land and possibly what made the Quel Dorei go nuts there.

I think there is a Ancient Link to the Emerald Dream there but it's been in a counter conflict with a underground pool that is underneath what is Chamber Krasus and since the Plague, Blight, Scourge ect didn't make it better seem to have strange and sinister effects to Tirisfal Glades.
Edited by Furrkane on 9/16/2012 6:44 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]