Mages have no exploitable weaknesses.

90 Dwarf Shaman
They deal tons of damage
They adsorb tons of damage with their protective spells (probably THE MOST overpowered thing about mages. Why this is allowed to exist I have no idea).
They are extremely mobile
They have a vast amount of CC

Why in the world would I play anything OTHER than a mage as a ranged dps caster? Everyone else seems to be inferior to a Mage.
Edited by Skaarrj on 9/13/2012 5:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
BM hunters destroy mages, shadow priests destroy mages, and warlocks are like tiny Gods. Also, you get to enjoy the benefit of being a hybrid at this moment of time, double dipping that sweet sweet pvp power, which means you heal like a pure healer and dps like a pure dps.

Mages are hardly the worst offenders right now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Mages tend to dislike our purge. :)
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Shaman
09/13/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Chickshock
Mages tend to dislike our purge. :)

Yes, I learned that this morning. One purge and their god shield is gone and they crumple like paper. Same with priests.

Edit: however, yes, the amount of damage a fire mage can put out is beyond retarded. And Frost Bomb, my god.
Edited by Ashencrest on 9/13/2012 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/13/2012 05:33 AMPosted by Skaarrj
They adsorb tons of damage with their protective spells (probably THE MOST overpowered thing about mages. Why this is allowed to exist I have no idea).

Mages used to be all about avoiding damage, and keeping damage away from them. Now they just absorb it. :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
my lock used to absorb damage, but then i took a frostbolt to the knee..
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
09/14/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Midievil

whatever happened to nether ward? I remember having it at one point then poof! gone.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
09/14/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Prieto

whatever happened to nether ward? I remember having it at one point then poof! gone.

inorite

I don't always blame mages.

But when i do they are to blame.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Mages are stupid broken right now. Hopefully things are better at 90.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Frost bomb hits for 40% of your health alone when it crits, considering you can blow it up in a deep freeze without a gcd (when it explodes your gcd should be back i mean) with glyph of deep freeze (another no gcd) then frostbolt/ice lance inside the deep, then silence, cast frostbolt, use brain freeze proc, anything should be dead. Add glyph of icy veins to that and you have a melting corpse as well. That said, lets wait til 90 to truly judge them :D (shield was 100k/360k for 27.7% absorb health at 90 as opposed to 50/~140k now for 35.7% absorb, slightly less ><)
Edited by Altarys on 9/14/2012 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Well I like to put in my few words about mages and priest. Its getting out of hand in the bg's.. I been watching as things come closer to MOP. Those 2 classes are well over powered. I just got out of a bg and been biting my tongue hoping for and change with many others also noticing the difference, the battle gound i was in was10 vs 10 bg and on one team there were 5 Shadow Priest and 5 Mages. So its turning out to be nothing but a mage and priest war. Blizzard making a good game go bad quick. guess Ill do like many others and just pick out the power hitters and make a new toon. Mage or Priest HUMMM!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
skill>gear>class
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/15/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Flowtar
skill>gear>class

Cute, no. I promise you, if you put a glad player behind this toon and me behind a fully pvp geared mage, I will win despite the fact that I'm not even close to glad level.
Reply Quote
I'm a free kill to mages on this toon, pretty much helpless.

The good news is I frequent my Hunter, who is pretty much even with mages (tranq spam + smart pet usage).
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Mages are extremely squishy without their shields.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
STL
They deal tons of damage
They are extremely mobile
They have a vast amount of CC

Why in the world would I play anything OTHER than a mage as a ranged dps caster? Everyone else seems to be inferior to a Mage.

You can heal. Mage can not. If you want raw power you must give up healing. Shaman is jack of all trades master of crap. Don't complain, just heal us.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
09/15/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Skwish
Mages are extremely squishy without their shields.

trollface.jpg
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
I have a totally exploitable weakness for spicy garlic vegetables and fine ales.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]