Veteran ignored for 2 years. AMA last straw.

100 Human Paladin
For 2 years, I've had a question burning in me. I've tried many times to get it answered, to no avail. There's been twitter Q&As, Facebook Q&As, and general forum Q&As. And now this AMA reddit thing.

All of these I have posted my question on. Other than that, I have posted my question on the forums before. It is not a hard question to answer. Whenever I ask it, I ask it relatively politely without resorting to anger or name-calling. Yet extremely often on this forum I see QQers and whiners responded to by devs for no apparant reason.

I posted this on the AMA:

TLDR - Give us a title for having 40 titles, like you do with mounts, pets, and tabards!
There is a mount for having 100 mounts. A pet for having 150 pets. A tabard for having 25 tabards. Why is there no title for having x (like 40 maybe) titles? I'm a title lunatic, and I would love to have some way to show off my love for titles. I've actually been trying to get this question answered for probably 2 years now, posted on forums and twitter and facebook things every chance you guys give, but it never gets answered. Please, throw me a bone! Why do all the other collectors get love, but not titlists?
Ideas for a title achievement: Lord/Lady [Name]. [Name] of many names. [Name] the Titular (lol) [Name] the Well-Known
I've been playing the game and raiding since vanilla, I really love the game, I honestly do. I defend the company and the game all the time from stupid complaints, but it's frustrating that this never gets answered. Show us titlists some love, and we'll make it worth your while!
Taedran Silvermoon - US

And as expected, I got no answer. I believe the AMA is over now, yes? It's been 90 minutes, so I'm going to make an assumption there.

Getting angry and yelling and telling Blizzard how much they suck and that they don't care and all those things that QQers say isn't really my style... but seriously, it gets answers when well thought out posts don't.

I know I am QQing here, but if you know the posts I am talking about you know the difference. I really don't want to resort to it, but really, why is this question always ignored?

If they don't have an answer, at least acknowledge, say something like "While we understand what you want from this, we don't feel that titles blah blah blah."

At least I, and others like myself, will know that this has been considered.

I really don't know what else to say, I've been so faithful and so attentive, I just want this answered...
Edited by Taedran on 9/11/2012 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I think it would be a neat and completely unnecessary achievement, but then all achievements are unnecessary and still fun. It's interesting that I've never heard this before, and while farming titles isn't my thing, it's certainly difficult enough to get 40 of them that it warrants a little recognition, I think.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I feel your pain, really I do.

I hope if they ever do add a Title Title, it will be <Player Name> the Entitled! :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
"the Entitled"

( not a stab at op, completely serious)
edit: god damn belfs.

Mine was a stab at the OP. But more like a playful 'wink wink, nudge nudge' stab. Really I do think it makes sense to give an achievement for the acquisition of Titles, even if just a FoS. Some of those titles are a !@#$% to get.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Thanks for your support everyone.

And yeah, "the Entitled" fits well. Also someone commented on my reddit with "the Renowned" though I think that might fit with exalted achievements more.

Keep posting your title ideas, maybe it will give them some incentive.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Saw your post over there and upvoted it. I like the idea of 'the entitled' title. I also have a character called Entitled and think it would be awesome.

All I got from the AMA is that people don't know how to read instructions. 'Please keep your questions concise and one per post' only to see a large chunk of posts with 6 questions in it all a couple paragraphs long.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Saw your post over there and upvoted it. I like the idea of 'the entitled' title. I also have a character called Entitled and think it would be awesome.

All I got from the AMA is that people don't know how to read instructions. 'Please keep your questions concise and one per post' only to see a large chunk of posts with 6 questions in it all a couple paragraphs long.

Seriously, and I saw at least 3 questions that were ANSWERED that already had answers from previous sources or blue posts. That just ticked me off. I'm sorry, I know it shouldn't, but, well, you saw my OP.
Reply Quote
I vote no to this.

Why would you be given a title for having 40 titles? And who would bestow such a title on you that it carries any merit.

Just a silly idea in general, quit wasting dev time with nonsense like this.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

Seriously, and I saw at least 3 questions that were ANSWERED that already had answers from previous sources or blue posts. That just ticked me off. I'm sorry, I know it shouldn't, but, well, you saw my OP.

I just restarted going down the list of posts, haven't seen them address the same issue twice yet but depending on how they are set up they easily could. Still, while I know it sucks to not have your answer heard specifically communication is communication and they answered and said a lot that needed to be said.

I vote no to this.

Why would you be given a title for having 40 titles? And who would bestow such a title on you that it carries any merit.

Just a silly idea in general, quit wasting dev time with nonsense like this.

I get a mount for having a lot of mounts. I get an achievement for having a lot of achievements. I get a companion pet for having a lot of companion pets. Why is it so outlandish to get a title for having a lot of titles?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hmm, ignore troll as is usual code...

Or respond and get in a pages-long fight that might get some attention...

Huuuh.... Okay, I'll start.

Same reason that you get a pet for 150 pets, a mount for 100 mounts, and a tabard for 25 tabards.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I just restarted going down the list of posts, haven't seen them address the same issue twice yet but depending on how they are set up they easily could. Still, while I know it sucks to not have your answer heard specifically communication is communication and they answered and said a lot that needed to be said.

Yeah, I feel ya. Also, since I posted this thread, my original AMA post got like three times as many upvotes, wonder if that means something.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
AMA just ended.

The topic above mine and the topic below mine got answered.

Ugh.... I don't know what to dooo....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
No offense, but if it was a popular idea then there would be a lot more discussion about this. Your point is valid but if it's only something 50 players are keen on then it's probably not really worth doing in lieu of other things.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
"the Entitled" is about right, you feel entitled and that blizzard OWES you a response no they dont they are a software company looking to please the majority not the minority
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/11/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Sprick
No offense, but if it was a popular idea then there would be a lot more discussion about this. Your point is valid but if it's only something 50 players are keen on then it's probably not really worth doing in lieu of other things.

Yes, but you must remember, every post on a forum is the equivalent of one million WoW players. That means 50 million people want this. 500% is a pretty important thing to look over.
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
09/11/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Taedran
Hmm, ignore troll as is usual code...

Someone disagreeing with you isn't a troll.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
<Name> of Many Names.

<Name> the Entitled (has been suggested many times before this thread actually & I still agree with it)

Lord/Lady <Name>
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
Sounds really cool to me. Love "the Entitled" idea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]