Warlocks?

80 Blood Elf Death Knight
So I was thinking about making a Warlock to RP with, most likely a Troll or Orc (Slight, SLIGHT chance I do a goblin). Anyhow, I understand warlocks are fairly disliked by everybody, and I've read a few threads where people say they should pretend they aren't warlocks. Would this limit the RP gear I could use? Even if i never explicitly stated I was a warlock, could I still wear warlock gear?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Depends on how accurate you want to be.

Last I checked, the Orcs hate, hate, hate, hate Warlocks with a passion. To be an Orc Warlock is to work in the shadows; if you're found out...well, do the quests in Ashenvale.

Trolls are usually a little more laid back, so I think in their case, a Warlock would be given at least a chance, but pretty much any race (Short the Blood Elves; unless something changed, they view Fel Energy as another way to get magic, The Forsaken, who are damned anyway, and the Gnomes, who figure, magic is magic) will be very distrustful of an open Warlock. Notice how most of the lock trainers are nowhere near other trainers.
Edited by Hakkou on 9/12/2012 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/12/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Hakkou
Last I checked, the Orcs hate, hate, hate, hate Warlocks with a passion.

They hate them so much they gave them their own section of the city to live in.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
09/12/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Callatham
Last I checked, the Orcs hate, hate, hate, hate Warlocks with a passion.

A section of the city far, far away from the other sections and underground.

The orcs see Warlocks as the last remnant of the old, Demon-enslaved Horde, and they don't trust anyone willing to consort with Demons after what happened.

Thrall is a nice guy, and gave them a chance, but kept a close eye on them. Garrosh...is young, and didn't live through what happened to the Horde. I imagine he sees them as more power, which is a great symptom of why he's not the best Warchief for the new Horde.
Reply Quote
Orc Warlocks are fun to RP. You're hated, but your insights and talents are something usually needed on the battlefield. The kinds of abilities that can turn the tide of a fight and seal the deal for your team. You're the kind of person who is openly hated and feared but tolerated. Most Orcs (all races really) would keep a close eye on you if they're smart.

This toon is pretty openly hated in my guild by more or less every single member. They keep a very short leash on him and usually forbid him from practicing any form of demon or fel related magics while in out home base. I kinda feel like the hannibal lecter of the guild.
Reply Quote
47 Orc Warlock
Orcs were the first mortal warlock race, I believe, not sure if Eredar are immortal, or if demons are. The first orc warlock, once shaman, was Zer'zhul, now known as the Lich King. The warlocks orcs of draenor were once shamans who desired power, and those good enough were accepted into the Shadow Council (which splits into different factions).
Human warlocks were mages who also desired power and found out how to use fel magic through multiple different ways. The humans and orcs taught the other races of Azeroth how to use the power. The orcs taught the Forest trolls and the Steamwheedle Goblins during their first invasion, and the Humans taught the Gnomes and some of the more power craving High Elves (Who all became Blood Elves). I'm not sure how the Dark Iron dwarves learned demonism, since they were enemies to the other dwarves. The undead, being made from fel energy, picked it up, or memorized it from life. Lore wise, Warlocks and Death Knights are the strongest classes out there.
Now, for clothes, if you're a warlock who doesn't hide it, go with something dark pruple or grey. I love this loom set, because it's based of Gul'dan in the Warcraft franchise. If you hide it, go with something more plain, try not to stand out, because the fel on you might be so strong people can smell it.
Edited by Grulthan on 9/13/2012 8:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Troll Rogue
I like everyone. Last time I met a warlock, she gave me a green biscuit that made me feel really peppy after a bad boss fight. Did you notice they all suddenly got extra imps? Cute little rascals, they are.

Don't let these people get you down. Warlocks are becoming very popular now that they are the only way to bring those late people to a raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As of MoP, the Horde is employing a small army of Warlocks and summoned Demons in the Jade Forest.

So wear whatever you want.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/12/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Hakkou
Last I checked, the Orcs hate, hate, hate, hate Warlocks with a passion. To be an Orc Warlock is to work in the shadows; if you're found out...well, do the quests in Ashenvale.

Well, you haven't checked in awhile because orcs allow warlocks to practice their twisted art in the shadow cleft. While human warlocks must meet in a basement at a pug in hiding. With the Cathedral of the Church of Holy Light Stormwind is like the bible belt in america. So pretty much anything that isn't light based or approved by the church is done in hiding.
Edited by Charlíesheen on 9/13/2012 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/13/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Grulthan
Eredar are immortal, or if demons

eredar are demons...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/13/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Grulthan
undead, being made from fel energy

false
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/12/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Hakkou

The orcs see Warlocks as the last remnant of the old, Demon-enslaved Horde, and they don't trust anyone willing to consort with Demons after what happened.

Thrall is a nice guy, and gave them a chance, but kept a close eye on them. Garrosh...is young, and didn't live through what happened to the Horde. I imagine he sees them as more power, which is a great symptom of why he's not the best Warchief for the new Horde.

Garrosh explicitly states a desire to execute on the spot anyone he catches practicing fel magics during one of the Horde questlines involving him.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Garrosh explicitly states a desire to execute on the spot anyone he catches practicing fel magics during one of the Horde questlines involving him.

He got over it.

09/13/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Charlíesheen

Well, you haven't checked in awhile because orcs allow warlocks to practice their twisted art in the shadow cleft. While human warlocks must meet in a basement at a pug in hiding. With the Cathedral of the Church of Holy Light Stormwind is like the bible belt in america. So pretty much anything that isn't light based or approved by the church is done in hiding.

By ToW, the Alliance military is openly using Warlocks.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
Horde warlocks are more tolerated than their Alliance counterparts. Blood elves, goblins and Forsaken won't care much - they practise the craft openly. Tauren loathe them for what they represent. Trolls I'm not sure about, but I would assume they don't mind too much given their witch doctors have powers of a similar vein (dark magic and hexes). The orcs don't trust warlocks, but tolerate them. Most of the older orcs who were around to witness the rise of the original Horde likely loathe warlocks, but the younger ones would be less prejudiced. Put a thug like Garrosh in charge and he eventually sees that warlocks are powerful, and that power is good. One hopes that he'll at least keep them on short leashes, but I guess we'll have to see.

Alliance warlocks - gnomes are inquisitive about all things, so I imagine they wouldn't mind warlocks as long as they didn't try to blow things up. The other Alliance races would probably vary between mistrustful (dwarves and humans, possibly worgen - not sure about them) to outright hostile (night elves and draenei). Stormwind might be using warlocks in their army now, but it doesn't mean they'd be happy to see warlocks flaunting their demons and felsteeds in the streets.
Edited by Seyl on 9/14/2012 5:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]