Mac Recorder not working ... See link

87 Goblin Rogue
Ok so now when i try to record video's on the 32bit mac client, I get the following in various flavors: http://youtu.be/YUcA00UjiCU

This happens on both the Beta and Live client. This happened after 5.0.5 patch went live

Mac OS 10.6.8
Radeon HD 6970M
16gb of memory
2 - 1tb harddrives, 1.5tb free

Anyone else seeing this?
Edited by Zerostealth on 9/14/2012 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Yes, that is almost identical to what I am seeing. There are similar posts:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6522503062

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490580682

But still no solution to many of these that I can find.
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Rogue
Ok so I am glad in one way to see I am not the Only one having this issue...
To update my thread here:
All video codecs do the same thing, they vary only in flavor of color and or blockyness of the video
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can y'all post additional system information so we can investigate this?

1. Launch World of Warcraft and log in.
    2. Put World of Warcraft into Windowed Mode if it is not already in Windowed Mode.
    3. From the system menu bar, select Help > Copy Support Information: http://i45.tinypic.com/foodww.png
    4. Paste the contents of the copied system information here (Command-V)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Update: We've managed to reproduce this issue, and have updated our known issue sticky appropriately.

• [Movie Recording] Changing the default movie recording settings can cause the videos to become corrupted.
    Things to note is that the bug seems to be more of an issue with settings being saved rather than the settings themselves. The issue seems to continue to occur even after resetting to default options until the client is restarted.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489880421
Edited by Machkhan on 9/17/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Thank you for looking into this.

For what it is worth your possible bug could explain my situation. I frequently change my settings and specifically right after the patch (or at least since my last successful recording) I know I changed my settings.

Not sure if you want us to try any other troubleshooting, but I am willing to try. I did try again and the problem persists. I then hit the "restore defaults" from within the game Mac Options tab and the problem continues even though from what you posted it seemed like it would not work.

I have not tried to reset to defaults from the launcher Options\Game Preferences tab since that would change all my settings which I would prefer to avoid unless really required.

Thanks again and if you would like more please let me know.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Resetting the defaults and then exiting the client and starting it up again seems to resolve the issue, only until you change the settings again.

When I find out more about this, I'll update the post, but for now, it seems the only way to record is to leave it at default settings.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Rogue
Resetting the defaults and then exiting the client and starting it up again seems to resolve the issue, only until you change the settings again.

When I find out more about this, I'll update the post, but for now, it seems the only way to record is to leave it at default settings.

Which defaults, movie recording defaults or graphics settings? I deleted my entire WTF folder, set my graphics back to roughly what they were before, and tried to record a movie (without touching the movie settings) only to have it spit out something similar to the OP's.

I've also tried starting movie recording immediately upon loading the client, immediately compressing upon starting the client, etc. It's just completely hosed for me.
Edited by Azreluna on 9/19/2012 5:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Rogue
Can I just blame this on the new Cmd-M and Cmd-Tab behavior? Because I'm not a fan of either of those.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Appreciate the effort and if a solution is somewhat foreseeable then I guess I can wait, but I was not able to make it work how you suggest. I am not sure where we should switch to defaults so I tried both from the launcher menu and then again from the mac options tab. I relogged a few times and still nothing worked.

If you could give more specific directions on what to reset and where that would be helpful or whether it would just be better to wait for a real solution. Either way thanks.
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Rogue
Here is my system info:

Software:

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes
Time since boot: 2 days 13:03

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F
SMC Version (system): 1.72f1

Graphics/Displays:

AMD Radeon HD 6970M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6970M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6720
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C2960K-152
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.507
Displays:
iMac:
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Connection Type: DisplayPort

Other:

Input Source ID: com.apple.keylayout.US
Keyboard Layout: ANSI
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Rogue
As for your suggestion, it did not work at all

- It is doing this in Beta as well as Live

- both clients have had their wtf/cache/interface and battle.net cache folder deleted as well as hitting the defaults button under the Mac options

Here is the outcome from about 20 minutes ago:

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/5m3rk/?action=view&current=funcky_zpse68b8f33.png
Edited by Zerostealth on 9/27/2012 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Rogue
Any update on this? As it seems the 5.0.5 still has the bug.

- Thanks
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is something that is still bugged and will be updated in a future patch.
Reply Quote
Has there been any workarounds found for this?

It seems like the related posts go back a few months.

I just got a top of the line iMac, and am having the same issues.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Bump for status request.

Please please. Getting close to serious raid time and would prefer to capture those first kills and yeah I know plenty of peeps are already in H-modes.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Meh
Also confirming here that resetting to defaults, deleting WTF folder etc does *not* resolve the problem for me.

Late 2011 MBP, latest patches of Mountain Lion.

This is really frustrating as I was working on some interesting machinima pre-MoP that I'd like to finish, and need to gather some more footage.
Edited by Otoño on 10/14/2012 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I've updated the known issues to remove that line. Thanks for the feedback on this. Currently there isn't a way around to fix it yet if you encounter this issue. This will be resolved in a future update.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
another week has gone by.... any update on this?? i am in charge of recording our raid progressions... it really suck to find out the videos were corrupted on our boss kills, especially if it was our first time downing them. i hope this is not one of those low priority bugs.... ><
Edited by Kaotyk on 10/22/2012 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Movie recording will be fixed in 5.1. I touched base with the team about this, and the movie recording feature has been rewritten to address multiple issues, and will be available on the 64-bit client :)
Edited by Machkhan on 10/23/2012 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]