How do you guys stay sane!?

90 Orc Warrior
I'm a pretty dedicated tank/healer. But for the heck of it, I decided to level a warlock alt that I had lying around.

Every time I join a dungeon queue, it's at least 15 minutes, sometimes climbing to 30. I'm used to instant or near-instant queues. How do you guys manage to stay sane with that long a wait?!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
...and this is exactly why I still play healers or tanks, but mostly healers because I don't like the hassle of tanking.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
Are you implying that I am sane, because I assure you sir that I am not. I either grind dailies, farm, fish, or tab out and do other stuff until I hear that particular sound.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm a pretty dedicated tank/healer. But for the heck of it, I decided to level a warlock alt that I had lying around.

Every time I join a dungeon queue, it's at least 15 minutes, sometimes climbing to 30. I'm used to instant or near-instant queues. How do you guys manage to stay sane with that long a wait?!

Now imagine waiting that long and then getting stuck in a group that, for whatever reason, is a horrible experience for you.

You have to wait 30m for the privilege of wiping over and over again! Congratulations!
Reply Quote
88 Human Rogue

Know my pain. Also, Sanity is DRASTICALLY over-rated.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

EITHER

Play the ah/quest/dance/turn up volume and do RL !@#$

OR

09/14/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Whim
Are you implying that I am sane, because I assure you sir that I am not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Have you read some of the threads and replies by the people in the DD forums. It's clear that all DPS are clinically insane, using the DD forums as the sample size.
Edited by Greìl on 9/15/2012 5:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I keep myself company by talking to my Wilson ball.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Who said I'm sane? Don't spread vicious rumors about me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
i'm betting the wait time for dps would drop significantly if pures had a 4th hybrid spec.

I hate the wait time as well, i usually play tank or heals, but damn i do want to gear up my pures too... too bad i couldn't just play a different roll and ask to roll on gear for my offspec.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Mage
It's called Dedication champ. Look it up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
or waiting another 15-30 minutes when the tank decides he doesn't want to do Well of eternity. I still need that axe FFS! Knock it off or I will stab you over and over in the back with my red hot pokey, drag it along your cheeks and leave you with everlasting scars!

...Oh god...its happeneing...my sanity is leaving me. Someone please, I need help.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
i'm betting the wait time for dps would drop significantly if pures had a 4th hybrid spec.

I hate the wait time as well, i usually play tank or heals, but damn i do want to gear up my pures too... too bad i couldn't just play a different roll and ask to roll on gear for my offspec.

Scenarios might do this too. Pretty certain you can get 5-man based rewards from them, and they don't have role preferences
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Generally I either pursue archeology or farm herbs while waiting in queue. 15 minutes honestly isn't that long. I remember waiting well over 90 minutes to get into Alterac Valley back in vanilla.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I fill my fridge with blocks of cheese while I wait, so that when the evil Mouse King's army takes over the Earth they will spare me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
09/18/2012 12:15 AMPosted by Felcoin
I fill my fridge with blocks of cheese while I wait, so that when the evil Mouse King's army takes over the Earth they will spare me.

Phew, I thought I was the only one. At least I know I'm not crazy now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Simple. I only queue when I have friends online that happen to play a tank or healer. Otherwise, to the battlegrounds I go! (Or, God forbid, the occasional trade chat pug that is doomed to fail on Morchock because the CONTENT HASN'T BEEN OUT FOR A YEAR AND NERFED TO LAUGHABLE DIFFICULTY!!!)
Reply Quote
As a warlock waiting for ques run around multidotting everything...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
beg guildie to heal/tank for you
and fishing
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Tank queues are that fast for you? Lucky.

Healing queues are near instant for me, but tank and dps are both about the same.

Can't wait for tuesday so I can group with friends again and not have to worry about stupid queues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]