Partyrock's Diary of "Wait What?"

70 Undead Warlock
OK, so I haven't played since early BC; and that was only for like a few hardcore seconds. The ol' KT forums seem pretty dead. No more brownie recipes, no more Good Mourning threads, no mad at malevolence threads.

That means no one will really mind if I make I journal of my reactions to everything that's changed since vanilla. I don't even think I've had a flying mount before. Basically, I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Name drop time for search function. A lot of old players may check the forums. Maybe they'll be inspired to come back and say hi. If they do, I want to show how they affected me during the most enjoyable online gaming time of my life.

Lampchops: Good times in AV. One of the first warlock peers I started really enjoying playing with.

Eleganza: The Warlock.

Overpowered: Troll extraordinaire. Also the best shadowpriest I ever sparred with. I used to bet 10g that no one could beat me outside of Org in a dual. I wanted to get some fun events going outside here and there while waiting on BG queues. I had to be co­cky to get it going. OP is why I stopped laying the claim.

Bloodlyne: Met him in barrens a day or so after server opened. Some random encounter where one of us ended up helping the other out who drew too much aggro (likely me lol). Never wanted to join the BG leveling guild, Wolfpac (btw, Doc, that name was terrible! :D). Eventually, after our attempts to recruit him failed, he made a guild called SUPERHAPPYFUNTIMECOW. Clearly just some silly place holder guild until he decided what he wanted to do. It went on the become one of the oldest guilds on the server. The most talented multi-classer I'd ever met. 10x the player I could ever wish I could be.

Malevolence (stole again a world boss) and Broken Empire. All the old Alliance foes: Rump. Demandrid. Antihero. Zanetsu. Deedy. Stormrider. Giga. Healpot. Jackson. Kaotix. Chimeradon. Sibrina. Bullseye. Dehlila. Kronix. Morpho. Svtpiranha. If I saw any one of your names... I knew it was on.

Earden: RIP -- I haven't forgotten your kindness and positivity, but I probably spelled your name wrong. I just remember how I pronounced it it. You shaped the early KT community. Miss you. I won't ever forget you.

Nutbar: Remember summoning everyone to the north in AV? One of my fondest memories.

Chillax: Chillax

Alcry: lol

Zippeh: I want my own personal Zippeh on all vent/mumbles I go onto. One cannot be bored with a Zippeh online. The color commentary on the above mentioned name was always classic.

Renegade, and Doc (Wolfpac): You had me at "Let's 3 cap 'em".

Crimson (Fury) Wrath: Started off disliking you all in the Joker days. Grew to love you, and run with you a bit. Crazy dramas here and there, but in the end, a lot of PvE win. /miss

Grimgut: Had a dream to build an amazing guild and DID. Fantastic guy, and amazing player. I won't forget the name.

This is going to get way too long. But there are many others. Anyway...

########################################################
#___????????________?????????_________????????_________#
#___??_____________??_______??________??_____??________#
#___???????_______??_________??_______?????????________#
#___??_____________??_______??________??_______??______#
#___??______________?????????_________??_______??______#
#______________________________________________________#
#_____???______??_______??????????______??_____??______#
#______??______??______??_________??____??_??__??______#
#______??______??_____??___________??___??___????______#
#______??______??______??_________??____??_____??______#
#______??????__??_______??????????______??_____??______#
#______??????_____??_____??_____??__????????___???????_#
#_____??__________??_____??_____??__??_____??__??______#
#____??___________?????????_____??__????????___???????_#
#_____??__________??_____??_____??__??_____??__??______#
#______??_________??_____??_____??__??_____??__???????_#
#__??????_________??_____??_____??__??____??___________#
########################################################

http://www.wowwiki.com/Server:Kul_Tiras_US/Lionshire

On to my impressions! YAY! ...
Edited by Partyrock on 9/14/2012 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
I rerolled a new lock to try and get a feel for the game in it's current state. Currently, a level 2 orclock named Partyrockzor.

Opening narration was different. All good, same place -- I got it. I can take this. So I wake up and good old Kaltunk is telling me to talk to my buddy Gormek. Gormek wants me to kill boars. I know the drill. I got this.

Woa! Minimap has a blue area all highlighted. Are the... are all the boars there? I walk over and see a boar pen from a distance. All nicely rounded up for me to kill. AllllRIGHT, here we go. I look down to see when my shadowbolt icon becomes devoid of red, so I know the targeted boar is in range. Wouldn't ya know, but the icon is not red. Clearly, Blizz got rid of the red color notification that you're not in range. Dammit. That was helpful. I press the shadowbolt key anyway, and .... wait... .. the animation starts.

Holy crap! Did the range double?

I'm shootin' shadowbolts at boars like Mathew Stafford throws to Calvin Johnson during a "down by 30+ pts" game. Pew pew.

So, I got that down. Let's play for real now. Send the imp in first, and time the shadowbolt to hit at the exact moment the imp fireball hits. Wait. Hold on here... just a... OK ... yeah, where is the friggin pet bar? I can't send my imp in to attack first? Am I missing something?

Still haven't resolved that one. I wanna Min/Max! Me attacking first, then waiting for my pet to figure it out feels awkward. I hope it's not the same for Voidwalker.

Now what the hell is all that mega-sparking over the apples? Looks dangerous. Could be flying luminescent razors. Better avoid that.

Stay tuned to Partyrock: Level 3!

(jk, I promise not to spam the forums that much. Great to be back though. Missed you all.)
Edited by Partyrock on 9/14/2012 4:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
Time to kill some non-neutral mobs. Vile Familiars. Will be a good time to test if the aggro radius has changed.

Yellow? They're neutral now? Maybe I'm misremembering. Didn't it used to be a few of them grouped together, and the test was to pull one out; or find an isolated one? I wonder how long it will be until I find something that decides I probably shouldn't be there. Maybe Shadowfang Keep is full of hippie werewolves now. We'll start a bonfire and reminisce on the days where they sent out patrolling Sons to destroy me while I picked herbs. That just wasn't cool...

Kumbaya.
Reply Quote
93 Goblin Shaman
The legend is back!

I remember your final hellfire to death. Your corpse was in front of the AH for days and we mourned you.

You wouldn't know me but I did my share of slaving in AV back in the day and followed you guys around that bg like a groupie. : P

P.S. Yeah it's a different game now man. Shadowfang Keep is a high level heroic dungeon now!
Edited by Kantee on 9/14/2012 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
The legend is back!

I remember your final hellfire to death. Your corpse was in front of the AH for days and we mourned you.

You wouldn't know me but I did my share of slaving in AV back in the day and followed you guys around that bg like a groupie. : P

P.S. Yeah it's a different game now man. Shadowfang Keep is a high level heroic dungeon now!

haha yeah my dramatic exit was pretty cheesey. Sorry bout that. I was being pretty emo. Good to see you're still around Kantee! Yes of course I remember you.

So what you're telling me is I'm not going to be able to kill werewolves tomorrow? A bolded sadface is called for here... :(

This is going to be an interesting leveling process. I checked out the "talent tree" on my old main. I don't even...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
The legend is back!

wow now theres a name i thought id never see again and oh the days and the names you rattled off there P-rock i remember plenty of AV's with you blackshammy OP nutbar chillax and no one will forget eleganza ya the bliss of never ending quest npc searching from vanilla days are gone but hey been here a long time so i plan on sticking around. nice to see ya back
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
no wai
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Partyrock. The true OG.

I just started dabbling again last week. S'okay.

09/14/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Partyrock
Overpowered: Troll extraordinaire. Also the best shadowpriest I ever sparred with. I used to bet 10g that no one could beat me outside of Org in a dual. I wanted to get some fun events going outside here and there while waiting on BG queues. I had to be co­cky to get it going. OP is why I stopped laying the claim.

OP was a monstrous duelist - but, toward the end, all he did was sit in the AV cave sponging honor and chatting. He slowly became bitter. The PvP maven faded into delirious trollisms.

He was a lot of fun during the global LFG days.

Chillax: Chillax

Responsible for the most hilarious ninja looting incident in server history.

He cleaned out the Domo chest while he was in Splinterr's stupid transfer guild. The ensuing chaos and rage in Trade and on the forums was the stuff of legends.

He seemed pretty easy-going. I loved the guy.
Edited by Tailius on 9/16/2012 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
09/15/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Been
no wai

Holy crap! Been! Loved playing with you man. Good to see you still lurkin' around.

09/14/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Spazjestic
wow now theres a name i thought id never see again and oh the days and the names you rattled off there P-rock i remember plenty of AV's with you blackshammy OP nutbar chillax and no one will forget eleganza ya the bliss of never ending quest npc searching from vanilla days are gone but hey been here a long time so i plan on sticking around. nice to see ya back

Spazjestic I agree man. The old AVs we had early on KT were the stuff of legend. Forgot about Blackshammy. Dude was all business. Great to see you still around man. Seems really really dead now, but that's OK. Would be kind of odd if the place was hoppin' with all the original people. +1 to you, sir.

09/16/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Tailius
I just started dabbling again last week. S'okay.

Hahaha Chillax. I somehow knew that would eventually happen. And Overpowered -- yeah. We had a weird relationship. Hated the guy. Loved the guy. Eh, what are ya gonna do. Good to see you around as well!
Edited by Partyrock on 9/16/2012 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
"Being polite in a party may get you invited back". Well that hasn't changed. Always laughed at that one.

So, I don't have to train skills anymore. Hit lvl 8 (yeah slow I know) and I get a Voidwalker. MY BUDDY! My MAIN DE-MAN! Early entrance at level 8 instead of 10; works for me. Where's my pet bar? I binded "Pet Attack" to my mouse, and when I don't target anything, I get the message, "There's nothing to attack". When I target something, I don't get the message anymore, but the blueberry just stands there. What, is an actual pet bar a skill? Partynoob right here. I see a Battle Pet Trainer in Razor Hill, but he offers nothing.

...I didn't want to use google, and just post my experiences straight up, but this is imperative. Looks like lvl 10 is where I get actual control over my pets. Fair enough...

The blueberry will be useful soon. He best have Sacrifice ready for me to exploit.

Everything is so different.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
sticky requested.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
You still got your grand marshal gear?. It seems like a lot of vanilla players are coming back for MOP. Should be interesting.

ps: you didn't miss anything, cata sucked !@#. I didn't play the game at all once diablo 3 came out. Wrath was really good though, but you can visit the all thing in 1 day once your 85.
Edited by Berserklover on 9/19/2012 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow I see Partyrock, Eleganza, BL (not sure if that was the same tank from Departed when I was there). If only Fuz and Gahova would log in...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
we do not want Fuzzy logging in and replying here. love the guy, but not what one would call a friend of the written word.

also we dont just need gahova......who was the gnome rogue who was active here, ummm....not a big participator in raiding, but quite prominent on the forums...
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Êleganza
we do not want Fuzzy logging in and replying here. love the guy, but not what one would call a friend of the written word.

That's what made it funny! His writing made us all lol. I swear I made the mistake of watching Jersey Shore once and I thought Fuz was one of the guys on there. Sounded just like him. The only gnome rogue I knew from this server was Weet.
Edited by Sucia on 9/19/2012 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
09/19/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Sucia
Wow I see Partyrock, Eleganza, BL (not sure if that was the same tank from Departed when I was there). If only Fuz and Gahova would log in...

I've seen "let's all get back together" threads over the years while lurking. Doesn't seem like it ever works out. Would be cool to make an old school KT guild and go clear some content though. Eh, who knows. I have a feeling we'll see a few more old faces when MoP is released.

edit: I miss killing Fuz. Hear that Fuzion! Gotta come back now.
Edited by Partyrock on 9/19/2012 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
09/19/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Sucia

That's what made it funny! His writing made us all lol. I swear I made the mistake of watching Jersey Shore once and I thought Fuz was one of the guys on there. Sounded just like him. The only gnome rogue I knew from this server was Weet.

lol I never had the pleasure of hearing him on vent. Only the written forum poetry. Seemed like a one of a kind dude.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
Anyway, on with my douchey diary that no one cares about, nor should they. Btw, I'm leveling ridiculously slow due to playing other games as well. I've got higher level characters on KT, but want to go through the game as it is now. Takin' it all in before MoP. As soon as I hit 51 I'll hop on a lock with a bunch of BG points (whatever they're called now).

The camera is all sticky. Everytime I look at the ground and run, the cam has to re-adjust. NO. Turn that off. Thank god there is an option.

And! And... tab targetting.. what the hell is the radius now? 45 degrees? If something isn't directly in front of me, I can't tab target it. Eh, I dunno; maybe that's a good thing. Again, and maybe I'm mis-remembering the mechanic, but I recall tab targeting being more expansive. Maybe that sticky camera is the way to go. A tight situation in pvp and my tab is just seeing a wall not the rogue stabbing my side as I jump away... that's a problem. I'll have to consider that. Maybe someone can lend me a tip on which way to go there.

Alright, so I get to pick a specialization.

wtf? I have to choose just one branch now? Not sure how that's gonna work. I could do more research on this, but again, I want to go in cold. Let's just see what happens.

So yeah, a specialization. Affliction, Demonology, and Destruction. Always loved Destro for pvp, with a side of Affliction. What happened to à la carte? Leveling build...let's see. Some drain tank action is where I wanted to go, but I have to just pick a tree now. Flipped a three sided coin, and came up with Affliction.

Into The Barrens! I put my troll hat on but no one was there to receive it. Mr. Norris must be a lonely man these days. At least it looks pretty much the same. Crossroads. I'm killin' zebras like a champ.

Ding lvl 15. I may now pick a talent!

Ok, this is utterly foreign to me right now. Looks like it's not a tree anymore, just just kind a cascading "pick one of three" at each interval. No muliple points in various talents. I feel like I'm still playing D3 all of a sudden. A whirlwind warlock would be kind of cool...

Harvest Life? Wait a second. Drain Life: The AOE. There are two other choices but I don't need to look them over. *click*
Edited by Partyrock on 9/19/2012 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Partyrocks Diary of "Wait What?" Is now a staple of my morning routine.

Except I think you're leaving out key details of what is to be put into a diary. Like who you have a crush on. Who has a crush on you. Who has a crush on your crush. You get the idea.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
Saw Sucia post today.

I wonder if she likes me. Maybe I'll get my buddy, Eleganza, to ask her. Wait. What if Eleganza likes Sucia? Then he could sabotage me. That bastard... hate that Eleganza.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]