Partyrock's Diary of "Wait What?"

70 Undead Warlock
Some poor snake wandered into the Harvest Life radius. Harvest Life is pretty amazing. Apparently, too much power for me to handle. Got my first noob death, and at the same time realized neutral mobs will get hit by it. Lesson learned.

Echeyake used to at least put up sort of a fight. Couple of adds, and some decent damage. Well, this was a faceroll -- a three second fight. Has WoW gotten easier overall or just the early levels?

These kids these days. I used to have to walk up hill in the snow to go fight Echeyake, then walk back uphill in the snow to turn in the quest.

Screw it. I'm switching to a lvl 50 lock. And I'm going back to my destro roots....
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
I should have taken a Scroll of Resurrection.

Builds are pretty much cookie cutter now. No real way to make yourself a niche character. The learning curve is about 3 minutes. The rest is repetition brain training. Let's see if I can find the sticktoitofness to grind this out to 85 (or 90). Just needing one button in winterfall...lower level BG queues never hit.

WTB time machine for a week, and get that scroll of rez.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Good times. To Lucia, Nidget, Elganzaga and all the old forum posters; I miss you.
+48,000 Sil Rep for anyone who used to contribute to the stories and riddles back in the day.
Reply Quote
WTB Hot Tub Time Machine for a week, and get that scroll of rez.

There ya go. The game just isn't the same anymore. Gone are the days of sticking to a build where respecs would happen only when one spec was better than the other or that super weapon dropped that you wanted switches you from combat daggers to combat swords.

Le Sigh.
Reply Quote
51 Orc Warlock
Good times. To Lucia, Nidget, Elganzaga and all the old forum posters; I miss you.
+48,000 Sil Rep for anyone who used to contribute to the stories and riddles back in the day.

With ya on that. Nidget was after my time, but I lurked around here quite a bit and loved the guy's comments. lol

It's too bad you need to subscribe to the game in order to post on the realm forums. I'd have been all over this.
Reply Quote
51 Orc Warlock
09/21/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Sucia
WTB Hot Tub Time Machine for a week, and get that scroll of rez.

There ya go. The game just isn't the same anymore. Gone are the days of sticking to a build where respecs would happen only when one spec was better than the other or that super weapon dropped that you wanted switches you from combat daggers to combat swords.

Le Sigh.

Say it ain't so. Looks to be the case though. I know it's old at this point, but I don't like being able to have another spec right at my whim. Basically, I used to use voidwalker and sac him for the shield in BGs. WSG for example -- run into the alliance base, second level. 6 defenders turtling. Target a cc'er, begin fear cast. Right as it hits, Death Coil (3 sec fear) tactically on another. Jump down as I'm casting Death Coil and grab flag. AoE fear as people realize what's happening, and the first cc'er blew their trinket. Sac voidwalker and hit the rocket boots. Run down tunnel and grab more speed if there. At end of tunnel, one person might be there. Fear is up; and still have shielding. Fear. Swiftness potion. Pug realizes I'm midfield with the flag and get some support for whatever is incoming.

It was niche. I had to spec what I needed to do what I did back then. Then, when I went on raids, I had to keep using it. Had to figure out a way to become useful. Had to think.

Now it seems like since everyone can have whatever they need, build-wise, at any given moment, there's no way to think about how to exploit a certain player's spec. Everything is pre-written. Just; a spec that's best for pvp, and a spec that's best for pve. Seems like something was lost in that process.

Sure, the game is more balanced in that light, but it's blander. =/
Reply Quote
I read an article not long ago from the guys who made Diablo 2, formerly Blizzard North. The lead Dev for those guys said "If I balanced everything the game would never be complete. I want you to have that overpowered weapon that made you invincible!"

Thats paraphrasing but the idea is balancing a game is not really what makes it fun. Sure, fix the insanely overpowered stuff, but don't change game mechanics just because some people are too afraid to try and fend for themselves. It is what we have brains for.

Also have brains as zombie food.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I believe I just won 14 internets for being mentioned in a Partyrock thread!

Lulz, Lampchops was what the french canadian guy Chromus in Grimgut's guild Dark Pact called me on vent, to which we all kinda had sidebar conversations consisting of "wtf could a lampchops be??"

My lasting memory of you is jumping down off the ledge in Warsong when we were playing a premade, like Broken Empire or Malevolence and just CCing the living !@#$ out of them. And then the frosting--you drop the engineering bomb that stunned them, we would take the flag and just leave all of them alive going "ERMGAWD, NERF WARLOCKS." As far as WoW goes, that is right up there with my best memories.

I think my favorite people to play with were the ones that you didn't even need to be on vent with. You just knew they could ad lib with you and get %^-* done, and it didn't have to be so !@#$ing hard.

I agree with your assessment of all the old schoolers (although you didn't mention him, Demandrid was a good player but far too much of a control freak for me to play in his immediate area) other than Fuzion, who I don't think was anything but worthless. Sorry, but it scares me on a personal level when people communicate as badly as that guy)

My only specific person you missed was demandrid's priesty partner, Disc. I have still never see two priests (demandrid and disc) and two rogues (Antihero and Beedy {think that is it, sorry if it's not!}) do the things those bastards did. Amazing players. Rheinheart too.

I was in a guild with Zippeh and Bloodlyne for awhile way back--couple years ago, but it was pretty casual. Not sure if they are playing much anymore.

I am on playing my priest Pandathiest or my monk Karatechops in Mists.

How ya doing man? :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
LOL man, hearing all those old Horde names really brings back memories....I still remember the UNREAL WSG matches wed have when mal and SHFTC would find a queue against each other.....

I didnt see ISO's name in their , figured id throw him out as well, me and him went at it every time we saw each others names, I still remember the time i blew a thistle tea on him just for the hell of it, never thought id hear the end of it rofl.....

and bloodlyne....that was a bunch of legit flag runners there.....

I miss the days of meeting in the middle and letting the druids flag run while we had a battle royal. I remember the time me and Sychosis took on about 11 horde (respawns) in the middle and when he ran outta mana he BOP'd me lol ( i give all credit to him, he was a moster healer)

I definately agree, cross server ruined the community
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
TM
Jesus. Lots of good memories brought back from little anecdotes, and more than a little sadness upon reading about how the experience of leveling has become. It's all BoA's and LFG, there's no time to get called from Ironforge to go get killed over and over again in Hillsbrad by people 20 levels above you while you try to pick fights with Horde around your level for no reason other than enjoyment of the game.

Brian (your friendly neighborhood dwarf rogue that wasn't Phlashes)
Edited by Brianrietta on 10/6/2012 2:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
shout out to jemima
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 02:52 AMPosted by Brianrietta
Brian (your friendly neighborhood dwarf rogue that wasn't Phlashes)

Ah I miss all the sick Rogues that used to be here.
Creaturez, Phlashes, Deniro, Rua, Brian (Rogue and Priest <3) Antihero, Tautherac, Rougish, Onda, Bloodlover and I'm sure I am missing a few... those were the days.
Edited by Sucia on 10/8/2012 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Rua, Onda, and Bloodlover are still around on alliance.. Onda plays Mage, bloods like some super amazing raider, and I've seen rua in stormwind before.
Reply Quote
51 Orc Warlock
Well, I rolled a panda monk.

I think I will be leaving the game again. Just can't really seem to get into it. Just took the monk to lvl 37; seems like a pretty fun class. I don't really like the specialization setup (the system itself, not monks in particular). Glyphs I could even do without. Meh.

I want my skill tree back.

Battle pets? Pokemon.

I dunno. The feel of the game has gotten... odd. Cuted down even more. I mean it had it's cutsie moments from day one, but it seems to have just kept funneling down to the cute singularity. Hell, Blizzard even did it to the Diablo series. Certainly tossed us some old school bones in places like the Halls of Agony and such, but over all... "Vegetable bad!" I don't know.. just look at the ending cinematic of Diablo 1. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Maybe I'm just into games like The Witcher type stuff now. I've probably just changed.

Either way, I think I'm done with WoW again.

I wonder if the Titan project will be interesting.

Good to see those of you I did.

Take it easy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Get to level 90 before you quit. Pandalands pretty cool-looking.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
It must have been quite the WoW culture shock coming back after all that time to this game that has evolved. Most of us who've remained are a bit like the proverbial frog in the pot with the water temperature slowly turned up - but there is no denying that there have been profound changes made to this game since Vanilla. Some call it progress - idk.

I too was very meh about this latest xpac and all the changes that came with it (like the talent tree revamp) to the point that even after playing for 6+ years I didn't do the annual subscription commitment promotion because I wasn't sure what my future interest in this game would be.

That being said I have to agree with Icy, Pandaria surprised me. I have enjoyed it much more than I anticipated and look forward to each new discovery. I'm glad that Blizzard didn't go with the proposed "stat squishing" - I like seeing crits for 125 - 150k.

Good luck to you Partyrock - whatever you decide.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Dude, that !@#$ing lame, dont quit yet.

Zippeh quit after he found out Feronia, his rl and in-game gf, E-banging Actionhero.

Nidget! Thats the gnome rogue i was thinking of.

PR, i only talked to you once on vent, but it was memorable and enjoyable, although i think i freaked you out cause i was baked and pretty uncommunicative.

You, Op, blackshammy (i remember he looked so badass in his pvp gear), all the famous ones, you guys were like rockstars, and im flattered to be mentioned in the same vein.

Msg me your real id, i dabble with a hunter named gobeleganza on Kt.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I miss Zippeh. Hell the whole Silent Fury crew. Vanilla KT was a magical time to be playing WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
10/14/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Amerika
Vanilla KT was a magical time to be playing WoW.

So very true. I remember when you could ask a question about something in game or for some help and people would actually respond with good advice. Now most of the time it seems to have digressed to "ha - noob!"

I used to kinda stalk Blackshammy lol. I bet he had to clean his armor from me drooling all over it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/14/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Kantee
Vanilla KT was a magical time to be playing WoW.

So very true. I remember when you could ask a question about something in game or for some help and people would actually respond with good advice. Now most of the time it seems to have digressed to "ha - noob!"

I used to kinda stalk Blackshammy lol. I bet he had to clean his armor from me drooling all over it.

Exactly. Back when personal reputation meant something...

I also remember the day Alcry came...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]