Partyrock's Diary of "Wait What?"

90 Pandaren Monk
I agree with Party in that WoW has that "awww how adorable" Hello Kitty Island Adventure feel now rather than "OH CRAP I JUST MELTED YOUR FACE!"

Agreed though. Vanilla and TBC KT was an amazing place.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Icybane
Rua, Onda, and Bloodlover are still around on alliance.. Onda plays Mage, bloods like some super amazing raider, and I've seen rua in stormwind before.

I saw that btw. Just goes to show you its the guys you least expect. I remember Blood from way back in the day seeing him run around in IF, dueling with Fuz and having a good old time. Now hes a GM, monster uber-Rogue. *sniffle* oh my babies have grown up...
Reply Quote
70 Undead Rogue
The legend is back!

I remember your final hellfire to death. Your corpse was in front of the AH for days and we mourned you.

You wouldn't know me but I did my share of slaving in AV back in the day and followed you guys around that bg like a groupie. : P

P.S. Yeah it's a different game now man. Shadowfang Keep is a high level heroic dungeon now!

Get back in the kitchen.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Rogue
Overpowered was too loud on Vent.

Chilax STOLE MY DAMN DOMO CHEST!!!!

Fuzzy was an egotist that would target me in AV, seriously even when the Alliance got trampled every game I'd always get sapped on the road there, what is that?

Ele was a gentleman and a scholar.

Zippeh was one of the funniest people I've ever had the privilege of being in a guild with.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
10/25/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Bottled
Get back in the kitchen.

Hey now Bottled, you KNOW I'm not that kind of girl.
*heavy sigh loaded with sensual promise while batting eyelashes*

Don't stop believin' man . . .
Reply Quote
Edited by Kleebørp on 11/13/2012 2:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
61 Night Elf Priest
Hello to old acquaintances!

Hope life is treating you all well.

Only person I bumped into once was Stormrider destroying me in a pvp BG one day long ago. He didn't know it was me, but I'm sure he would've been thrilled to know it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
say what?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Hi Sib.
Long time no see! Doing the priest quest with you is still one of my most memorable WoW experiences. They just don't make quests like they used to.
Reply Quote
61 Night Elf Priest
Hi Sil, Mundain. Think it's been a few years!

I remember that quest... It was fun. I wish they had more quests like that in game. Instead it seems like we're ever going towards less content, more reused crap. The minimum effort required for maximum profit. What really started WoW on a downward slope was its purchase by Activision. Then the game became a cash cow and now it's more work than play.

This expansion is my least favorite by far. The last bit of fun I had was leveling to 90 on my monk, then we said "now what?" and realized it's just a bunch of rep grinds and gardening that you can't even share with people you try to enjoy playing with.

Raiding in vanilla was fun, but my best memories come from running laps in Ironforge.
My old PC which unfortunately isn't hooked up atm still has pictures of Broken Empire. I have pictures of all the night elves lined up /dancing when the piccolo was played...grabbing their crotches at the same time was priceless. Rump and Scottoest...Chimeradon and Mundain...Denzel... Phyx was a constant source of amusement, especially since he drove Rump bonkers and he'd cuss about him but laugh all the same behind the scenes. Scottoest used to sing on vent in some dorky Canadian voice. (We loved it, Toast, just in case you read this!) It was like a party every night... I laughed til I cried. I remember Androc and how hard he worked to be the first pally (at least that I knew) with the purple t 1.5 armor. He wanted us all to be more serious but we had trouble living up to his expectations. We were so excited when we finally killed Hakkar...took screenshots like it was the most historic event.

War with Malevolence- which I wish could've been avoided if not for world bosses - kept us on our toes. I actually wrote a song set to the tune of Pocahontas' "colors of the wind" which I performed ...somewhat psychotically I must say... over vent. I remember dueling Demandrid and being stoked that I actually won...once. A dwarven priest named Focussed (I can't remember if it was one S or 2, all I remember is we used to fear each other while dueling and we'd run back in forth in one tiny spot which made us lol)

Back then we were thrown together, we had to be social for better or for worse. We had to team together in battlegrounds and I could tolerate it because I was being destroyed by people I knew or I thought were funny. Now I get destroyed by nameless, faceless people and pvp is annoying. I try to be civil in LFR but frequently, people who know they can get away with griefing groups do so regularly because there are no ramifications for their actions.

I even miss being able to MC the opposite faction and emote words to them... Or yell out in |_337 $|03@|{ <----I'm rusty.. Which they could maybe make sense of.

Most of my friends right now never played vanilla so they don't ever understand. (And they loathe when I call it Vanilla WoW) The game was great, once. The community was fun, once. Those were the days. :)
Reply Quote
64 Night Elf Priest
Ahh, Where shall I begin.. This is Luminite from In Strict Confidence and the Malevolence gang for a while. Hard to say that I was one of the better priests in the guild, because our guild had a bunch of phenomenally talented ones. Im still In touch with Antihero, Phyx, and a couple others on facebook, they're alive and kickin'. I was actually trying to scrounge up the cash to pay for the airfare to Anti's wedding a few months back but I couldn't swing it.

I vividly remember BE, Sibrina, Herby ( Most annoying ret pally vanilla had to offer ) and his premades of 6+ Ret pallys, equipped with Finkles Lava Dredgers, Untamed Blades, and Bonereaver's Edge.

Demandrid, with his strict tone and screams if anything went a bit off plan. You felt like a pile of dung after he was done with you if you did something even a little wrong.. In most casual instances, he was one of the most chilled-out guild members we had lmfao.

Deedy was a beast with the corehound/perditions combo before most of the people had even seen those drops.. period.

Zanetsu's tanking ability was mind boggling at times but I was glad to have him on our side, regardless.

Killing the 4 Emerald Dragons, Kazzak, Azurgos, and the occasional Dern the Hungerer for that Orb, ya dig. World bosses were something Blizzard did extremely right, No idea why always made less and less per expansion and phased out many of the existing ones. ( Could be all of em, I don't play at all anymore. Just randomly stumbled upon this thread with my Rose-Tinteds on and signed up for the 10 day trial to post.)

Fuzzy, still to this day, had one of the worst speech impediments i've yet to EVER hear... But he ended up becoming a pretty decent, yet annoying, rogue.

Overpowered was probably the most popular PvPer for Horde side strictly because it became all he did... literally.

Opening the AQ gates was a crazy time, DCing from Silithus every 5 minutes, waiting for the que when I relogged, and put it MAD work for those 5 minutes I was able to play for about an entire day.. Unforgettable..

I think more of what makes World of Warcraft so unique in those times is the sheer fact that EVERYTHING was new.. There had been bosses out for months and months before anyone even took them down.. The loot was unknown, hell wowallakhazam or thotbott couldn't tell us much about some of the content the Malev crew was facing at the time. Drops were something that REALLY mattered and could make people remember you.. and you were forced to remember the people, in good or bad references.

The Trollfaced NE Warrior who ninjalooted the Nef 2 handed sword that was hands down, Best in Slot for the time and months to come.. He ended up going to Plaguelands with just a tabard and his sword on and frapsing videos of himself destroying 3 opposing level 60's with ease. Cannot remember that guys name no matter how hard I try.

Gnomercy was my man, that little warrior could tank up a storm and crack me the hell up on vent at the same time.

World PvP in Ashenvale, Scarlet Monastery, Tarren Mill, STV(The arena when it mattered was a feared place). Me and a few buddies loved being completely decked out, fishing up at the Wailing Caverns and just get waved too, stared at, or actually attacked by some of those really new guys.

Silithus rep farming and helping a guildie create the Thunderfury was an experience and seeing my guild-master ride the black scarab mount was pretty epic sigh at the least. Farming rep for Naxx 40, flying and mage-porting all over the world with 60 people running a freight train on skeletons and apposing factions.. Lmfao.

Good times people, I hope more people from our era view this post in time..

Oh and Partyrock, I remember you but im pretty sure any good player from an apposing guild/apposing factions guild, was branded into my head from those times. I remember you, your gear, and your name.. Just not instances where you and I interacted are on the tip of my brain. Im for some reason or another, remembering battling you outside of Onixya's Lair sometime or another.. but ALL of us got down and dirty outside of Ony's lair back then.

Edit: I've thought of a million more people and instances with buddies the more I dwell on it but Its just alot more to type. The community was amazing back then and the relationships I had with all you guys was as real as anything else in life. I'd talk to people on WoW more than most people in my current life on a day to day basis when I was hardcore into it, raiding 5 days a week, sometimes not even including world boss spawns. Too many conversations and memories to type up.

Goodnight all, I'll be checking back
Edited by Sixtycap on 11/20/2012 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
This !@#$ just got real up in here. Chim says hi, andro says whats up, BL is still a lost cause ;P
Reply Quote
64 Night Elf Priest
Aye, Chim was a great rogue, but Silent in most instances on vent.. To what I remember. Just typed if needed. Ended up lookin' like a Deedy mannequin once the first rogue in line geared up. The Bloodfang attire with the CHT and Perd.

Ello Andro, another friend I spent a part of my childhood with, you always played your role to the tee. I don't think I remember a single instance where a mistake was made. Always a respected member in the guild, I had no problem following Andros lead, it was enjoyable.

Btw, I got Anti to read this page, he was all nostalgia'd up lmfao. Not to blow up his spot, but the man just got promoted to Staff Sergeant in the US army this month, huge congrats goes out for him, send him your respects. He, Phyx, Myself, and one other friend came from another server originally. I was more casual to start up because I was a few years younger than both Anti and Our other buddy, Phyx and I are 1 year different, hes younger. Those 3 ended up in the core making Malev. beforehand. Once I made sure I was getting serious in this game and had the gear that was accessible to me, I asked for the references from all of my friends after posting up my application on the website. It really was such a tight knit, well skilled, socially great guild, the best i've ever been in.

Phyx is outta college now and into restaurant management and he still has the same sense of humor whenever I get the chance to talk to him and with everything he puts up on facebook. We've been buddy's since WC3, DotA, and Gem Tower Defense days haha.

Im finishing up my schooling for my Bachelors in Hospitality and Tourism, currently this fall. Im going to be moving into a Concierge position at a New Jersey resort.

WoW made us the people we are today, those times from when I was 14 to 18, are simply unforgettable. Have I never ever been so proud to be a hardcore gamer during that time.
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
/massage me 1 last time?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Please tell me Partyrock still checks this???
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Wow i log on my old 60 priest and then check the forums and i see this. Partyrock/ Sib is in here all we need is op and demandrid. Had some of my best times in wow on KT. We tried to make a comeback with old BE players rump sib and a few others on Vashj back in bc.
Reply Quote
Holy cow , partyrock?! WHY DID NO ONE INFORM ME??
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Holy Paladin Tauren - Zippeh!
Reply Quote
Holy Paladin Tauren - Zippeh!

Kantee!! What happened to your tusks!?! So much nostalgia in this thread, how is KT doing? I burned some free playtime to see who's still around but there doesn't seem to be many that are still sub'd. If only those "let's get the crew back together" movements worked, ha. Man I'm stuck on some backwater server with a bunch of smelly plebs thanks to a buddies scroll of resurrection, but I'd rather be on KT doing nothing at all.

PS- Lionshire rep++
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
but I'd rather be on KT doing nothing at all.

Well this is the PERFECT server for that! If you ever do want to come "home", let me know. We have quite a few retired raiders in our guild - some you might also recognize.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]