Won't update

80 Tauren Druid
When I open the launcher shows its going to update (bar at bottom says Initializing, play button greyed out, 0%, to left of play button) the only thing that happens though is this though:

http://postimage.org/image/q9zjhgfop/

My internet connection is fine, and this only started happening when I tried to restart wow yesterday (thursday)

Could anyone give me a sultion
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
09/14/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Foxhorn
http://postimage.org/image/q9zjhgfop/

"Failed to download required file"

Going to need some logs to find out which file it's having issues downloading.

Go to Mac HD -> Users -> Shared -> Battle.net -> Agent

Now pick the Agent.xxxx with the highest xxxx number.

Go in it and find the Logs folder.

Open it and order it by modification date. Take the latest file starting with "AgentErrors" and open it in Text Edit.

Copy and paste the contents here.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Right here

#-----------------------------------------------------------
# System started at 2012-09-15 05:58:22.1399
# system: **************
#-----------------------------------------------------------
05:59:26.7772 Updating Error: 2212

I replaced the system name (hope you don't mind) with stars, the rest is a straight copy for the file
Edited by Foxhorn on 9/15/2012 1:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Any others ? That one's rather vague.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Theres about 7 error logs that are the same as that one (do to me trying to get the game working by loading up the launcher every now and then), I could post an error log of before the problem started but I don't think that would help, but if you want me to I can
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Try deleting all folders in the Battle.net folder.

Then go back to out to the /Users/Shared folder and delete the Blizzard folder as well
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Didn't work
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
I really need a solution here
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Please I really want to get back to playing my druid
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
http://patchup.info/wow/tfil/

Go to this address and download a new wow.tfil file. Unzip it and make sure the tfil file that gets uncompressed is named wow.tfil Then move it into the wow folder replacing what's there.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
http://patchup.info/wow/tfil/

Go to this address and download a new wow.tfil file. Unzip it and make sure the tfil file that gets uncompressed is named wow.tfil Then move it into the wow folder replacing what's there.

Didn't work, still getting the same error
Reply Quote
69 Night Elf Hunter
I'm having the exact same problem. I have a MacBook Pro and run OS X 10.7.4. I've followed all sorts of instructions in the past five hours. I've run Repair Disk Permissions and Repair Disk. I've run WoW repair. I've used the Background Downloader to download patch 5.0.5. I've deleted the Battle.net, WTF, Interface, and Data folders. I've replaced the WoW.tfil file. I've run out of instructions to follow. What do I do next?
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
09/16/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Ktrevaleh
I'm having the exact same problem. I have a MacBook Pro and run OS X 10.7.4. I've followed all sorts of instructions in the past five hours. I've run Repair Disk Permissions and Repair Disk. I've run WoW repair. I've used the Background Downloader to download patch 5.0.5. I've deleted the Battle.net, WTF, Interface, and Data folders. I've replaced the WoW.tfil file. I've run out of instructions to follow. What do I do next?

Im beginning to think that reinstalling the whole game is the only option, but I really don't want to do that as I'll likely lose all my add-ons and custom interfaces
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
Can you zip the entire logs folder and upload to a file hosting service? The same Logs folder where you found the AgentErrors log.

Go to Mac HD -> Users -> Shared -> Battle.net -> Agent

Now pick the Agent.xxxx with the highest xxxx number.

Go in it and find the Logs folder.

Then right click the folder, click 'Compress "Logs"' and upload to, IDK, Google drive, Dropbox, dropcanvas.com and post the link here. I'm curious because I haven't seen anything other than an error downloading/writing the tfil give this error message.

Remember to share the file if you upload to Google drive or Dropbox.

BTW, if you're trying to install the game, after you download and extract the tfil you're supposed to just run the launcher and not run the installer again.

One more thing. There's no personal info on the Agent logs. No one is going to be able to identify you or steal your account by looking at those logs.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
09/16/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Foxhorn
Im beginning to think that reinstalling the whole game is the only option, but I really don't want to do that as I'll likely lose all my add-ons and custom interfaces

If you decide to reinstall keep your Data folder and it's going to save you a lot of time. But reinstalling might not help with the error.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nif1pjlrvu49cty/Logs.zip

I compressed it like you said, and put it on my drop box and posted the link above
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
21:40:30.1319 File Error: a9b661e22604c42b8ea39c4caec5b1387abdfc1d file (/Applications/World of Warcraft/Updates/wow-0-16048-OSX-final.MPQ) error: Permission denied

Delete the Updates folder (World of Warcraft/Updates) then reset the permissions of your World of Warcraft folder:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/reset-folder-file-permissions-mac
Edited by Barthus on 9/16/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Delete the Updates folder (World of Warcraft/Updates) then reset the permissions of your World of Warcraft folder:

It Worked!!!!!!!!

I'd give you a cookie but I know you undead's don't like baked goods, so heres a special gift
/give Dead Squirrel

Enjoy and thanks again
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
You should thank Bluspacecow. If it wasn't for him you'd be reinstalling WoW as we speak. :)

Not so sure I would want a Dead Squirrel though : /
Edited by Barthus on 9/16/2012 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
09/16/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Barthus
You should thank Bluspacecow

Your right

Thanks Bluespaccow, have a cookie
/give cookie

09/16/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Barthus
Not so sure I would want a Dead Squirrel though : /

I though undead liked to eat dead things?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]