Wreck-It Ralph

90 Orc Warrior
So, I never found any threads on this awesome film that I am so psyched to see after its release . I got so excited for it after I saw the 2nd trailer which reeled me in greatly. So, is anyone else interested in this film....

Here is the trailer, and if you really love Nostalgic video games, you might just have a nerdgasm... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87E6N7ToCxs
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Am interested, yes. I like crossovers. Doubt the licensed characters will have too many lines but I like the idea of them all being part of the same universe.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
This. Will. Be. AWESOME. ME VANT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Every trailer I see of that movie looks awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Looking forward to Ralph and Rise of the Guardians.

Why didn't we get the cool dual-wielding cossack Santa when we were kids

no we got, bowl-full-o-jelly heart-attack-in-waiting Santa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPLiBxhoug0
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The first time I saw the trailer I was overly excited for it.

Still am.

Bowser is going to be in a movie without being human!

That alone made me go YES WANNA SEE!

But the whole idea of it... /can't wait
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
/bump
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It looks fun yet it seems like it might end up doing that preachy "scary violent games are bad. Remember old games? Just pixels." Or something.

I mean yeah sure I can't stand CoD but I dealt with enough video game slander in the 90s. It gets a little old.

09/15/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Killercaitie
Bowser is going to be in a movie without being human!

:( I liked that movie.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/15/2012 09:51 PMPosted by Rosenivy
:( I liked that movie.

What's wrong with you?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/16/2012 12:29 AMPosted by Killercaitie
What's wrong with you?

I was a kid when I first watched it.

Mario would've been a boring movie anyway if they stuck with the games. Since the games don't have much plot to them anyway. Unless it's the Paper Mario games or the RPG they made. It was the 80s after all.

I would call it a "so bad it's good" but I don't see it as bad. Just schlocky childhood fun. Probably had one of my favorite jokes too

"Was she corpulent? Very corpulent?"
"Nah she was just really round."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
well, an unfortunate coincidence Mario and Luigi will not be in the movie, as Nintendo charged too much for Disney.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/16/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Mantar
well, an unfortunate coincidence Mario and Luigi will not be in the movie, as Nintendo charged too much for Disney.

can't really blame them. Japanese game companies tend to avoid western developers so I'm sure the same goes for movies with their products. Unless money is involved of course.

Why sometimes we just don't see any games released in the states. Least that's how I last read their business patterns.

The cameos though reminded me of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. We're never going to get another movie where Mickey and Bugs are sharing a screen together
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/16/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Mantar

/sad

I love Luigi, always have.

/wears Luigi hat proudly
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
/sad

I love Luigi, always have.

/wears Luigi hat proudly

Luigi > Mario
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/17/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Givemepizza
Luigi > Mario
Yes!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It seems like the game takes inspiration from the old Donkey Kong.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I was a little sad when I realized it wasn't Pixar doing it - but the trailers have redeemed it. I'm incredibly excited for it and I can't give Disney enough props for using real characters.

...Now, here's to hoping they dont mess that up. xD
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This movie will be amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
This trailer has me intrigued....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Its is definitely on my "to watch list". I kinda wish Blizzard had joined the act and added one of there characters to the movie.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]